If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other..

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Do you agree that This belief is not applicable now?

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 1

mubasher1984

If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other..

Post #1

Post by mubasher1984 »

This above mentioned subjected belief of Christianity is neither applicable in this era nor it is being applied and acted upon anywhere in the world. I respect Christianity as a religion, but it was for a limited time period, i.ae. as long as Jesus and his caliphs remained in this world. But, in this era, this teachings is not applicable. Even, Christian nations are not acting upon. Instead, they are using force to those who don't accept their supremacy. For example, after the 9/11, as per teachings of Christianity, USA would say that please come terrorists, and attack other parts of country too. Instead they attacked on Afghanistan and still sending its troops there. This shows that they know that the teachings of Christianity are not to act upon. While, the Koranic teachings are applicable till the end of times. Koran does not says not only to defend of somebody attack, but also to give other a strong answer so that it could not attack such way in future.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #11

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Benoni wrote:..to make a religious law of this is just placing God's spirit to the back of the bus.
QUESTION: Can the instruction to "love our enemies" be considered "a religious law"?

QUESTION: If the second greatest commandement is a "law" who is the authority?
MATTHEW 28:18
Jesus came and told his disciples, "I have been given all authority in heaven and on earth.
QUESTION: If the "command of love" is a law, and Jesus is the judge, when is the judgement?
2 CORINTHIANS 5:10
For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may be recompensed for his deeds in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.

JW

Further Reading: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Go to War?
https://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesse ... go-to-war/
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

Benoni
Banned
Banned

Post #12

Post by Benoni »

JehovahsWitness wrote:
Benoni wrote:..to make a religious law of this is just placing God's spirit to the back of the bus.
QUESTION: Can the instruction to "love our enemies" be considered "a religious law"?

QUESTION: If the second greatest commandement is a "law" who is the authority?
MATTHEW 28:18
Jesus came and told his disciples, "I have been given all authority in heaven and on earth.
QUESTION: If the "command of love" is a law, and Jesus is the judge, when is the judgement?
2 CORINTHIANS 5:10
For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may be recompensed for his deeds in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.

JW

Further Reading: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Go to War?
https://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesse ... go-to-war/

Go live in Islam and then come talk to me.

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #13

Post by 2timothy316 »

A person that would die for peace, but wouldn't kill for it, doesn't make a person a coward. It makes them the bravest people I know.

To kill 'for peace' is what is called an oxymoron. It's a phrase that contradicts itself.

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #14

Post by 2timothy316 »

Benoni wrote:

Go live in Islam and then come talk to me.
We don't have to go anywhere. The US is #13 in murder per capita and #10 in rape per 100,000. Why go abroad when our chances are so good here for something evil to happen to us? Is this what soldiers kill for? So I fail to see your point.

When will people stop putting their trust in man and their armies to solve the world's problems? Jeremiah 17:5 says, "This is what Jehovah says: “Cursed is the man who puts his trust in mere humans, Who relies on human power, And whose heart turns away from Jehovah."

Benoni
Banned
Banned

Post #15

Post by Benoni »

[Replying to post 14 by 2timothy316]

My point is simple. You think its bad in the USA go some where where they kill you for just being a christian, where slavery is the norm, and homosexuals are not not only looked down on but push off a roof and killed. The idea you refuse to serve your country because some religion dictates you must follow their laws is a sad affair and can only happen in a nation like the USA. This right would never happen if it was not for the American military and our police to stop and curtail the billions of people who would love to flood our borders and make America weak as where they come from.

Benoni
Banned
Banned

Post #16

Post by Benoni »

[Replying to post 15 by Benoni]

It is humans who are not JW who protect your borders and if God did not ordain this He would of never caused man to fall into sin and death. So spit on the USA and do me a favor go to Islam where they will show you their freedom of religion.

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #17

Post by 2timothy316 »

Benoni wrote: [Replying to post 14 by 2timothy316]

My point is simple. You think its bad in the USA go some where where they kill you for just being a christian, where slavery is the norm, and homosexuals are not not only looked down on but push off a roof and killed.
This happens here in the US. I don't need to go anywhere. People die here in the US for the same reasons. You seem to be drinking the Kool-Aid that the US is immune to violence and crime. Did you know that sex slave trafficking has risen in the past 10 years in the US?
The idea you refuse to serve your country because some religion dictates you must follow their laws is a sad affair and can only happen in a nation like the USA. This right would never happen if it was not for the American military and our police to stop and curtail the billions of people who would love to flood our borders and make America weak as where they come from.
Do you believe the following scripture? “Cursed is the man who puts his trust in mere humans, Who relies on human power, And whose heart turns away from Jehovah." - Jeremiah 17:5

This is not some religious statement. This is a statement from God's mouth. Don't you see that when you say, "This right would never happen if it was not for the American military" what an insult you are giving to the Almighty? Don't you see that you are relying on 'human power' which means that you are turning away from God? It's right there in scripture. That you'd say that rights are given by your army and not by Jehovah God is an abomination.

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Re: If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the oth

Post #18

Post by McCulloch »

mubasher1984 wrote:Even, Christian nations are not acting upon. Instead, they are using force to those who don't accept their supremacy. For example, after the 9/11, as per teachings of Christianity, USA would say that please come terrorists, and attack other parts of country too. Instead they attacked on Afghanistan and still sending its troops there. This shows that they know that the teachings of Christianity are not to act upon. While, the Koranic teachings are applicable till the end of times. Koran does not says not only to defend of somebody attack, but also to give other a strong answer so that it could not attack such way in future.
The USA is not a Christian nation.

[Replying to post 2 by JehovahsWitness]
Just like to point out that this is not an exclusively JW teaching. The historic peace churches (Quakers, Amish, Mennonites and others) and a growing number of modern Christians also take Jesus' teachings on this matter seriously.
Benoni wrote:This is not your own choice this is a religious dogma in which you righteously turn your back on your nation. So sad.
Would you rather he turn his back on God in order to be faithful to a nation?
Benoni wrote:You should go somewhere like Islam and try practicing this dogma and find out why freedom and defense are what makes this cowardice possible.
As pointed out previously, resisting state sanctioned violence is seldom an act of cowardice.
bluethread wrote:The idea is that a strike on the right cheek would be a backhanded slap and unintentional. Offering the left is equivalent to checking to see if the offense was intentional. So, the passage is not talking about a military threat or being a door mat, but giving people the benefit of the doubt.
Reading in context, this appears to be a false interpretation.
Matthew 5:39-41 wrote:But I say to you, do not resist an evil person; but whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also. If anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, let him have your coat also. Whoever forces you to go one mile, go with him two.
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John

Benoni
Banned
Banned

Post #19

Post by Benoni »

2timothy316 wrote:
Benoni wrote: [Replying to post 14 by 2timothy316]

My point is simple. You think its bad in the USA go some where where they kill you for just being a christian, where slavery is the norm, and homosexuals are not not only looked down on but push off a roof and killed.
This happens here in the US. I don't need to go anywhere. People die here in the US for the same reasons. You seem to be drinking the Kool-Aid that the US is immune to violence and crime. Did you know that sex slave trafficking has risen in the past 10 years in the US?
No I am not. But you sure do not know this world God created and caused to fall if you think it is so bad here. Slave trafficking is ILLEGAL in the USA and it is not in Islam.
The idea you refuse to serve your country because some religion dictates you must follow their laws is a sad affair and can only happen in a nation like the USA. This right would never happen if it was not for the American military and our police to stop and curtail the billions of people who would love to flood our borders and make America weak as where they come from.
Do you believe the following scripture? “Cursed is the man who puts his trust in mere humans, Who relies on human power, And whose heart turns away from Jehovah." - Jeremiah 17:5

This is not some religious statement. This is a statement from God's mouth. Don't you see that when you say, "This right would never happen if it was not for the American military" what an insult you are giving to the Almighty? Don't you see that you are relying on 'human power' which means that you are turning away from God? It's right there in scripture. That you'd say that rights are given by your army and not by Jehovah God is an abomination.
Who is putting there trust in mere human beings and human power? But human power is the tool God uses to protect you JW cowardice. We are in the world not of it. To think you can draw all the benefits of a great nation and than spit on defense is the real issue here. So God does not ordain the US Military? What world are you living in??? You are insulting God to think not all things are totally under his control and nothing happens without his will. What a small god you serve.

I got to go I will address the next post later.

Benoni
Banned
Banned

Re: If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the oth

Post #20

Post by Benoni »

McCulloch wrote:
mubasher1984 wrote:Even, Christian nations are not acting upon. Instead, they are using force to those who don't accept their supremacy. For example, after the 9/11, as per teachings of Christianity, USA would say that please come terrorists, and attack other parts of country too. Instead they attacked on Afghanistan and still sending its troops there. This shows that they know that the teachings of Christianity are not to act upon. While, the Koranic teachings are applicable till the end of times. Koran does not says not only to defend of somebody attack, but also to give other a strong answer so that it could not attack such way in future.
The USA is not a Christian nation.

[Replying to post 2 by JehovahsWitness]
Just like to point out that this is not an exclusively JW teaching. The historic peace churches (Quakers, Amish, Mennonites and others) and a growing number of modern Christians also take Jesus' teachings on this matter seriously.
Do you know what happened to these groups when they were slathered by native Americans all though US and British history? You are protected by the US Military which you spit on.
Benoni wrote:This is not your own choice this is a religious dogma in which you righteously turn your back on your nation. So sad.
Would you rather he turn his back on God in order to be faithful to a nation?
I serve God all my life and I did not turn my back on the nation that protects my family. I am retired Army.
Benoni wrote:You should go somewhere like Islam and try practicing this dogma and find out why freedom and defense are what makes this cowardice possible.
As pointed out previously, resisting state sanctioned violence is seldom an act of cowardice.
And what would you call it? Woosification?
bluethread wrote:The idea is that a strike on the right cheek would be a backhanded slap and unintentional. Offering the left is equivalent to checking to see if the offense was intentional. So, the passage is not talking about a military threat or being a door mat, but giving people the benefit of the doubt.
Reading in context, this appears to be a false interpretation.
Matthew 5:39-41 wrote:But I say to you, do not resist an evil person; but whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also. If anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, let him have your coat also. Whoever forces you to go one mile, go with him two.
Try this when an Islamic terrorist is killing your family.