Where was god????

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Donray
Guru

Where was god????

Post #1

Post by Donray »

SUTHERLAND SPRINGS, Tex. — The massacre here that killed more than two dozen people — the youngest of them just 18 months old — occurred amid an ongoing “domestic situation� involving the gunman and his relatives, at least one of whom had attended the church, law enforcement officials said Monday.

People must have been prying to God then they were killed in his church.

Why did God allow this and not listen to prays?

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Post #21

Post by ttruscott »

Donray wrote: [Replying to post 18 by ttruscott]

You have a major problem with your logic of your god creating things with fee will. He did not create Adam or Eve with free will. He created Adam and Eve without knowledge of good and evil and therefore did not allow them free will.
Thank you forgiving us this interesting explanation of how you interpret the bible. So far I see no advantage nor biblical ethic to accepting it...
Last edited by ttruscott on Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
PCE Theology as I see it...

We had an existence with a free will in Sheol before the creation of the physical universe. Here we chose to be able to become holy or to be eternally evil in YHWH's sight. Then the physical universe was created and all sinners were sent to earth.

This theology debunks the need to base Christianity upon the blasphemy of creating us in Adam's sin.

William
Savant

Post #22

Post by William »

[Replying to post 20 by Donray]
You have a major problem with your logic of your god creating things with fee will. He did not create Adam or Eve with free will. He created Adam and Eve without knowledge of good and evil and therefore did not allow them free will.
I am not sure what the generic agreement is as to 'what is free will' but I think of free will as having the ability to choose, plain and simple.

This is not to say that we always have the opportunity to choose based upon being fully informed and sometimes we are in a situation we didn't choose to be in, but we still have the ability to choose within that situation, even if our choices are 'do or die'.
I was a project manger and people did what my plan stated and got fired if they used free will to do what they wanted. So god has a plan no free will.
The fact that people did what your plan stated does not mean that they had no choice to do so. They chose to follow your plan. If some chose not to do so and were fired, either way, they had the power of choice.

William
Savant

Re: Where was god????

Post #23

Post by William »

Donray wrote: SUTHERLAND SPRINGS, Tex. — The massacre here that killed more than two dozen people — the youngest of them just 18 months old — occurred amid an ongoing “domestic situation� involving the gunman and his relatives, at least one of whom had attended the church, law enforcement officials said Monday.

It is always sad when tragedy happens and loved ones are taken from us through the needless violent choices of others.

Even that I think that death is not the end, and suppose that the Christians directly involved in the tragedy think the same, it is still difficult being separated from loved ones, but I also think that many find strength in the idea that life does not end with death.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #24

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Donray wrote: You have a major problem with your logic of your god creating things with fee will. He did not create Adam or Eve with free will. He created Adam and Eve without knowledge of good and evil and therefore did not allow them free will.

Where does it say in the bible that "[God] created Adam and Eve without knowledge of good and evil and therefore did not allow them free will." I have never read this sentence in the bible.

JW
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #25

Post by 2timothy316 »

JehovahsWitness wrote:
Donray wrote: You have a major problem with your logic of your god creating things with fee will. He did not create Adam or Eve with free will. He created Adam and Eve without knowledge of good and evil and therefore did not allow them free will.

Where does it say in the bible that "[God] created Adam and Eve without knowledge of good and evil and therefore did not allow them free will." I have never read this sentence in the bible.

JW
What we do read is that Jehovah created Adam and Eve in His image and likeness.

Genesis 1:26 says, "Then God said: “Let us make man in our image, according to our likeness..."

Strong's Concordance says of the Hebrew word 'image', "From an unused root meaning to shade; a phantom, i.e. (figuratively) illusion, resemblance; hence, a representative figure, especially an idol."

Which is all well and good and should be enough to let us know that since God has freedom of choice then we too, as a resemblance of God, have freedom of choice as well. But then the Bible adds another word 'likeness'.

Strong's Concordance says of the Hebrew word 'likeness', From damah; resemblance; concretely, model, shape; adverbially, like -- fashion, like (-ness, as), manner, similitude.

God had the knowledge of good and evil therefore Adam and Eve did too. What Satan was speaking of in Genesis chapter 3 is the ability to appoint and advise themselves as to what is good and want is bad, as God does. That is why it says, "you will be like God, knowing good and bad.� Remember, eating the fruit was bad. Well if they made their own rules as to what is good and bad, they could eat whatever they want. They didn't need the actual knowledge of good and bad to do whatever they wanted. They would need the authority. Those that say A&E didn't know good and bad before they ate the fruit are looking for a way to once again accuse Jehovah of being a bad ruler. Trying to say that Jehovah is negligent and evil for punishing someone that didn't understand what they were doing. This accusation that Jehovah is a bad ruler has been Satan's whole rebellious-hearted purpose since the the fall of mankind. Yet Eve momentary resisted Satan and then repeated the commandment to 'not eat from the tree' when Satan told Eve to take the fruit. This lets us know, she understood where God had set the boundaries. She knew what was bad. If she didn't then why repeat word-for-word the commandment she was told? That makes no sense.

Strong's Concordance says of the Hebrew word 'knowledge', "acknowledge, acquainted with, advise, answer, appoint, assuredly, be aware".

Another word we see is 'acknowledge'. To not eat of the fruit was an acknowledgement that Jehovah makes the boundaries. So not only could we call the tree, the Tree of Knowledge but we could even call the tree "in the middle of the garden and the tree of the [acknowledgement] of good and bad."

What Eve did was dwell on that tree. Her desire enticed her to do what was wrong. She imagined eating the fruit. Convinced herself that it was no different than any other tree. Ignored the boundary set by Jehovah and made her own boundaries. This rebellion of God's boundaries is why she's dead.

We are still challenged in the same way every day of our lives.
"But each one is tried by being drawn out and enticed by his own desire. Then the desire, when it has become fertile, gives birth to sin; in turn sin, when it has been carried out, brings forth death." - James 1:14, 15

We have keep repeating God's principles and commandments to ourselves so as not to be like Adam and Eve. So when that Snake comes, and he will, we can say 'get out of here Satan! My will is stay within the boundaries set by Jehovah and acknowledge what He sets as good and evil.'
Last edited by 2timothy316 on Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:10 am, edited 4 times in total.

paarsurrey1
Sage

Post #26

Post by paarsurrey1 »

Donray wrote: SUTHERLAND SPRINGS, Tex. — The massacre here that killed more than two dozen people — the youngest of them just 18 months old — occurred amid an ongoing “domestic situation� involving the gunman and his relatives, at least one of whom had attended the church, law enforcement officials said Monday.

Why did God allow this
Does one want that God (Jesus is neither god nor son of any god in literal and physical terms*) should interfere with human affairs? God will judge for the deeds of the persons in the Hereafter.

Regards

[112:4] ‘He begets not, nor is He begotten;
[112:5] ‘And there is none like unto Him.’
https://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/s ... php?ch=112

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #27

paarsurrey1 wrote:(Jesus is neither god nor son of any god in literal and physical terms)
Jesus *IS* the son of God.
JOHN 10:36
Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, 'I am God's Son'
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

paarsurrey1
Sage

Post #28

Post by paarsurrey1 »

JehovahsWitness wrote:
paarsurrey1 wrote:(Jesus is neither god nor son of any god in literal and physical terms)

Jesus *IS* the son of God.
JOHN 10:36
Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, 'I am God's Son'
NT Bible confirms what Quran has mentioned:

Jesus addressed his enemies from the Jews:

“If you were Abraham’s children,� said Jesus, “then you would[c] do what Abraham did. 40 As it is, you are looking for a way to kill me, a man who has told you the truth that I heard from God. Abraham did not do such things. 41 You are doing the works of your own father.�

“We are not illegitimate children,� they protested. “The only Father we have is God himself.�

42 Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I have come here from God. I have not come on my own; God sent me. 43 Why is my language not clear to you? Because you are unable to hear what I say. 44 You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies. 45 Yet because I tell the truth, you do not believe me! 46 Can any of you prove me guilty of sin? If I am telling the truth, why don’t you believe me? 47 Whoever belongs to God hears what God says. The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God.�
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John+8

It is very clear from the above that Jesus told the mischievious Jews who wanted to kill him for his claim of being a prophet/messenger of YHVH that they are disobeying YHVH and therefore they were "Sons of the Devil". Since Jesus was obeying God so in this sense he was "Son of God". It is just a poetic/metaphoric sense that does not make him a literal or physical son of God. Right, please?

Regards

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #29

paarsurrey1 wrote:Since Jesus was obeying God so in this sense he was "Son of God". It is just a poetic/metaphoric sense that does not make him a literal or physical son of God.
Jesus was God's son in both that he was the physical result of God miraculously transfering his (Jesus') life into the womb of Mary and also in the sense that he was an obedient child of God.

JW

ps: I don't CARE what the Quran says , personally I believe the Quran was inspired by demons containing the thoughts of a madman who was at the very least delusional and I have absolutely no interest in anything Mohammed or the Quran has to say.

Donray
Guru

Post #30

Post by Donray »

JehovahsWitness wrote:

JW
You should read the bible. Genesis 2:17 17but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die."

Since god did not want to eat from the tree and thus have knowledge of good and evil. Without knowing good and evil how could one have free will?