Questions: The first born of all creation?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

polonius
Prodigy

Questions: The first born of all creation?

Post #1

Post by polonius »

And he is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation (Colossians 1:15).

Questions:

(1) How can someone be the image of something invisible?

(2) If something is the "firstborn" there would have had to be a time when it did not yet exist, wouldn't there?

EBA
Apprentice

Post #61

Post by EBA »

paarsurrey1 wrote: The firstborn of all creation?
Who was his mother then?
Regards
Hi paarsurrey1,

Who was Adam's mother?

Who was Eve's mother?

paarsurrey1
Sage

Post #62

Post by paarsurrey1 »

EBA wrote:
paarsurrey1 wrote: The firstborn of all creation?
Who was his mother then?
Regards
Hi paarsurrey1,

Who was Adam's mother?

Who was Eve's mother?
Weren't "Adam" and "Eve" the firstborn as per Genesis, please?
Regards

EBA
Apprentice

Post #63

Post by EBA »

paarsurrey1 wrote: Weren't "Adam" and "Eve" the firstborn as per Genesis, please?
Regards
Adam was the first man:

For Adam was first formed, then Eve. (1Ti 2:13)

Eve came out from Adam:

And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man. (Gen 2:23)

Christ, however, is their creator and was before them.

Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: (Col 1:15-16)

And no, that does not exclude the Father from being our creator.

paarsurrey1
Sage

Post #64

Post by paarsurrey1 »

[Replying to post 63 by EBA]
EBA
Adam was the first man:

Wasn't Adam the first born, please?
If Adam was not firstborn, then how did he come into existence,please?
Did Adam evolve through million years of Evolution,please?

Regards

EBA
Apprentice

Post #65

Post by EBA »

paarsurrey1 wrote: Wasn't Adam the first born, please?Regards
No Christ was:

Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: (including Adam) (Col:1-15)
paarsurrey1 wrote:If Adam was not firstborn, then how did he come into existence,please?
Christ created him:

For by him were all things created, (including Adam) that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: (Col 1:16)

But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God. (1Co 11:3)

Peace.

paarsurrey1
Sage

Post #66

Post by paarsurrey1 »

EBA wrote:
paarsurrey1 wrote: Wasn't Adam the first born, please?Regards
No Christ was:

Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: (including Adam) (Col:1-15)
paarsurrey1 wrote:If Adam was not firstborn, then how did he come into existence,please?
Christ created him:

For by him were all things created, (including Adam) that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: (Col 1:16)

But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God. (1Co 11:3)

Peace.
Colossians* is not written by Jesus.
It is written by Paul, he did not quote from Torah, and did not mention as to what was his source of knowledge. Jesus did not claim to be a firstborn. Did he, please?
I understand from Jesus as mentioned in Gospels that Paul was the wolf in sheep' clothing** and the false prophet** against whom Jesus warned his followers. Right, please?

Regards

_________

*Epistle to the Colossians-Authorship
"The letter's authors claim to be Paul and Timothy, but authorship began to be authoritatively questioned during the 19th century.[9] Pauline authorship was held to by many of the early church's prominent theologians, such as Irenaeus, Clement of Alexandria, Tertullian, Origen of Alexandria and Eusebius.[10]"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epistle_to_the_Colossians

**Matthew 7:15
15 Beware of false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves.

EBA
Apprentice

Post #67

Post by EBA »

paarsurrey1 wrote: Jesus did not claim to be a firstborn. Did he, please?
Yes he does:

And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God; (Rev 3:14)
paarsurrey1 wrote:I understand from Jesus as mentioned in Gospels that Paul was the wolf in sheep' clothing** and the false prophet** against whom Jesus warned his followers. Right, please?
I don’t follow your logic.
Jesus did not say – “Beware of the false prophet Paul.�
I’m not quite sure how you came to that conclusion, but my guess is that you didn’t heed Christ’s warning (which you cited) when he said,

“Beware of false prophets.�

Peace.

paarsurrey1
Sage

Post #68

Post by paarsurrey1 »

EBA wrote:
paarsurrey1 wrote: Jesus did not claim to be a firstborn. Did he, please?
Yes he does:

And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God; (Rev 3:14)
paarsurrey1 wrote:I understand from Jesus as mentioned in Gospels that Paul was the wolf in sheep' clothing** and the false prophet** against whom Jesus warned his followers. Right, please?
I don’t follow your logic.
Jesus did not say – “Beware of the false prophet Paul.�
I’m not quite sure how you came to that conclusion, but my guess is that you didn’t heed Christ’s warning (which you cited) when he said,

“Beware of false prophets.�

Peace.
There were others also in the first-century*, but Paul faked a vision when Jesus was still alive and had not died on the Cross, and had gone out of Judea along-with Mary lest he might be caught and killed again.

Regards

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #69

Post by JehovahsWitness »

[Replying to post 68 by paarsurrey1]

I don't believer Paul faked his vision, I believe Mohammed faked his vision or (more likely) was demonized. Paul was well accepted by the Christian community, Mohammed was in my opinion a false prophet sent by Satan.

No offense,

JW
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

paarsurrey1
Sage

Post #70

Post by paarsurrey1 »

Paul was well accepted by the Christian community
That is the reason for Jesus giving a warning to his followers regarding Paul.

Regards