The most important day in the bible: NISAN 14

Where Christians can get together and discuss

Moderator: Moderators

JehovahsWitness
Savant

The most important day in the bible: NISAN 14

Post #1

Post by JehovahsWitness »

People say Jehovah's Witnesses don't observe any holidays (holy days) but that is simply not true. Jehovah's Witnesses view Nisan 14 (which corresponds this year of 2017) as a religious holy occassion.

Which holidays do you observe and how?

INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #11

tam wrote:
JehovahsWitness wrote: [Replying to post 8 by tam]

Yes I agree that is exactly what Jesus said. We interpret the "you" differently than so-called (self proclaimed) "christians"

And yet there is no room for an interpretation, wherein "you" applies only to some who profess to be Christian, but not to all who profess to be Christian.

That is your opinion, yet here we are, millions of us that see things differently to you. Shall we therefore in the spirit of peace, agree to disagree on that point.

Let's leave it at that shall We?

JW

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

tam
Savant

Post #12

Post by tam »

Peace again to you, JW,
JehovahsWitness wrote:
tam wrote:
JehovahsWitness wrote: [Replying to post 8 by tam]

Yes I agree that is exactly what Jesus said. We interpret the "you" differently than so-called (self proclaimed) "christians"

And yet there is no room for an interpretation, wherein "you" applies only to some who profess to be Christian, but not to all who profess to be Christian.

That is your opinion, yet here we are, millions of us that see things differently to you.

Dear JW, I backed up in my previous post, all that I shared (as I have learned from my Lord) with what my Lord has HIMSELF said in what is written. What you do with that is up to you. (But it does not matter how many disagree with what I shared; or else the billions that disagree with the JW position would matter to you. Plus my Lord did say that the path was narrow that leads to LIFE, and few find it.)

Shall we therefore in the spirit of peace, agree to disagree on that point.
We may peacefully agree to disagree on any point, JW.

But...

... for the sake of those who are reading, for the sake of those millions, and in the spirit of peace (peace that my Lord gives) I must continue to bear witness to Him (the Truth) and share the truth that He teaches.

May anyone who wishes them be given ears to hear, that you may hear the truth of this from THE TRUTH Himself: Christ Jaheshua. May you also hear as the Spirit and the Bride say, "Come!" And may anyone who thirsts, "Come! Take the free gift of the water of Life!"

(which water is holy spirit, poured out from my dear Lord Jaheshua, who is Himself the LIFE, and who is Himself the Holy One of God)

Peace to you and to your households,
your servant and a slave of Christ,
tammy

Overcomer
Guru

Post #13

Post by Overcomer »

Tammy is correct. The Lord's Supper is meant for all followers of Jesus Christ who accept his gift of salvation in faith. We partake of it just as Jesus himself instructed us to do and we do so at various times to keep the understanding of his sacrifice first and foremost in our minds.

The only people who should NOT be eating the bread or drinking the wine are non-believers, of course, and those who eat and drink for the wrong reasons and in the wrong manner as noted in 1 Cor. 11:27-29:

"So then, whoever eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of sinning against the body and blood of the Lord. Everyone ought to examine themselves before they eat of the bread and drink from the cup. For those who eat and drink without discerning the body of Christ eat and drink judgment on themselves."

Paul goes on to note that some people were actually eating the bread because they were hungry -- obviously not a good motive for joining in the Lord's Supper! They did not have the proper understanding or reverence for the event. If someone does not have these, he/she should refrain from participating. Otherwise, all who love the Lord may partake of the elements as Jesus instructed in the Scripture passages Tammy shared.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #14

tam wrote: Peace again to you, JW,

We may peacefully agree to disagree on any point, JW.

But...

... for the sake of those who are reading, for the sake of those millions, and in the spirit of peace (peace that my Lord gives) I must continue to bear witness to Him (the Truth) and share the truth that He teaches.

For the sake of those that are reading you can start your own thread and WITNESS as you like. The Lord has told me that you are wrong but I am willing to leave your judgement with God having Witnesses to the truth I at least am willing to obey Jesus when he told me that if someone doesn't want truth I must wipe the dust from my feet and leave them in peace to God. That is what I am doing with you.
MATTHEW 10:14
If anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words, leave that home or town and shake the dust off your feet.
You can reply and demonstrate to the world that you are not willing to do what Jesus said and leave things in God's hands but if you reply I the world will see that you don't think God is strong enough to judge . You have had your say. Will you now live up to what you claim and leave in peace or show the world that not only are you the kind of person that does not obey the rules of this forum ( this is not a debating subforum, it is a forum for friendly Christian exchange,) but you are a hypocrite and do not want to obey Jesus and leave the matter with him when someone tells you they are not interested in what you have to say? I am not interestef in yor interpretation of scripture.
6. Do not debate in the discussion subforums. They are only for general discussion to get to know one other better.
The Lord has told me to wipe the dust off my feet with you and try and part in peace, is the spirit that controls you so belligerent it stops you from even obeying the bible? I imagine the same spirit will push you to have the last word instead of parting in peace, the Lord just told me to leave it to you so I will bid thee farewell.

JW

Ps The Lord just told me to start a thread to debate this topic, feel free to participate there if you like
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 573#911573
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:06 am, edited 5 times in total.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #15

Overcomer wrote: Paul goes on to note that some people were actually eating the bread because they were hungry -- obviously not a good motive for joining in the Lord's Supper! They did not have the proper understanding or reverence for the event. If someone does not have these, he/she should refrain from participating.

Yes I would certainly agree with you on that point.

Nice to finally find some common ground,

Peace to you

JW

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #16

[Replying to post 15 by JehovahsWitness]

Now more than ever we need hope... wouldn't you agree?

[youtube][/youtube]

The Tanager
Prodigy

Post #17

Post by The Tanager »

[Replying to post 16 by JehovahsWitness]

Why now more than ever? And what do you think he did he in giving his life for us?

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #18

[Replying to post 17 by The Tanager]

Now more than ever because the world is going from bad to worse, people are so much in need of hope and comfort.
The Tanager wrote: And what do you think he did he in giving his life for us?
I'm sure you watched the video... that says it all, he gave his life so mankind could have life, the real life!

JW

The Tanager
Prodigy

Post #19

Post by The Tanager »

JehovahsWitness wrote:Now more than ever because the world is going from bad to worse, people are so much in need of hope and comfort.
How are you judging that it is getting worse? I'm not saying it is or isn't, just wondering how you come to that conclusion.
JehovahsWitness wrote:I'm sure you watched the video... that says it all, he gave his life so mankind could have life, the real life!
I guess I meant more in the sense of how his giving his life brought life to mankind.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #20

The Tanager wrote: I guess I meant more in the sense of how his giving his life brought life to mankind.
By means of the ransom sacrifice. This provided the means by which God will wipe out Adamic sin through the Priestly services if the kingdom arrangement. The full realisation of the Abraham covenant, as it stands as the first manifestation of the progressive revelation of the Edenic prophecy (Jesus being the primary and the new Jerusalem (produced by the "Jerusalem above") the secondary, part of that seed.

But I think I know what you're going to ask "To what degree did the davidic covenant overlap or interlink with the covenant of Melchzidek to make the above possible, right? I would say that they run simultaneously since Christ's mission is both king and priest, but I'll stand corrected. I'm certainly open to hearing an alternative conclusion.

JW