Aren't Jehovah's Witnesses people truthful witnesses?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

paarsurrey1
Sage

Aren't Jehovah's Witnesses people truthful witnesses?

Post #1

Post by paarsurrey1 »

Aren't Jehovah's Witnesses people truthful witnesses, please?

1 Corinthians

12But if it is preached that Christ has been raised from the dead, how can some of you say that there is no resurrection of the dead? 13If there is no resurrection of the dead, then not even Christ has been raised. 14And if Christ has not been raised, our preaching is useless and so is your faith. 15More than that, we are then found to be false witnesses about God, for we have testified about God* that he raised Christ from the dead. But he did not raise him if in fact the dead are not raised. 16For if the dead are not raised, then Christ has not been raised either. 17And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins. 18Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ are lost. 19If only for this life we have hope in Christ, we are of all people most to be pitied.
http://biblehub.com/niv/1_corinthians/15.htm

Jesus did not die on the Cross, he survived, so as per Paul's own argument Pauline-Christianity's "faith is futile". Right, please?
Please correct me if I am wrong with reasonable arguments.
________
*Jehovah

This entails that the Jehovah-Witnesses' people who believe in Paul and the Pauline-Christianity, are false witnesses as long as, and if they have no concrete evidence/s of Jesus, not dying on the Cross.Right, please?

Regards

TripleZ
Banned
Banned

Re: Aren't Jehovah's Witnesses people truthful witnesses?

Post #101

Post by TripleZ »

TripleZ wrote:
JehovahsWitness wrote: [Replying to post 1 by paarsurrey1]

Yes, we try to be. We (JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES) base our beliefs on the entire bible Canon (66 books) the official statement from our website is as follows:

Jehovah's Witnesses do believe Jesus died to save mankind, it is one of our fundamental beliefs.

JEHOVAH'S WITNESS

Vidoe : Why did Jesus die?
https://www.jw.org/en/publications/book ... t_index]=0

Moderator removed one-line, non-contributing post. Kindly refrain from making posts that contribute nothing to debate and/or simply express agreement / disagreement or make other frivolous remarks.

For complimenting or agreeing use the "Like" function or the MGP button. For anything else use PM.

TripleZ
Banned
Banned

Post #102

Post by TripleZ »

paarsurrey1 wrote: Aren't Jehovah's Witnesses people truthful witnesses, please?

1 Corinthians

12But if it is preached that Christ has been raised from the dead, how can some of you say that there is no resurrection of the dead? 13If there is no resurrection of the dead, then not even Christ has been raised. 14And if Christ has not been raised, our preaching is useless and so is your faith. 15More than that, we are then found to be false witnesses about God, for we have testified about God* that he raised Christ from the dead. But he did not raise him if in fact the dead are not raised. 16For if the dead are not raised, then Christ has not been raised either. 17And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins. 18Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ are lost. 19If only for this life we have hope in Christ, we are of all people most to be pitied.

Jesus did not die on the Cross, he survived, so as per Paul's own argument Pauline-Christianity's "faith is futile". Right, please?
________
*Jehovah

This entails that the Jehovah-Witnesses' people who believe in Paul and the Pauline-Christianity, are false witnesses as long as, and if they have no concrete evidence/s of Jesus, not dying on the Cross.Right, please?

Regards
what is it that you believe ? I have never heard a JW agree with Paul, maybe they agree with Paul before Yeshua took hold of him and changed him to witness to us Gentiles ?
BTW are you saying that Paul says that Yeshua did NOT die on the crossbeam ?
You only need to make a choice, as to whom you believe, either a man, or men, or the Word Of God ONLY!

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #103

Post by JehovahsWitness »

TripleZ wrote: I have never heard a JW agree with Paul, maybe they agree with Paul before Yeshua took hold of him and changed him to witness to us Gentiles ?

As one of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES I can assure you we believe EVERYTHING Paul wrote that is recorded in the holy bible. There are no verses we reject as merely human thinking that includes the 13 letters of the Apostle Paul. Our literature quotes the writings of Paul often and we believe, after his miraculous encounter with Jesus on the road to Damascus, to have lived a life wholly devoted to God as one of His chosen vessels.

JEHOVAH'S WITNESS
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

TripleZ
Banned
Banned

Post #104

Post by TripleZ »

paarsurrey1 wrote: Aren't Jehovah's Witnesses people truthful witnesses, please?

1 Corinthians

________
*Jehovah

Regards
1Co 12:1 But, brothers, I do not want you to go on being ignorant about the things of the Spirit. ?

and the verses of Paul that you mention where are they ?
your Scripture is all over the place ?

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #105

TripleZ wrote:

1 Corinthians

________
*Jehovah

Regards
1Co 12:1 But, brothers, I do not want you to go on being ignorant about the things of the Spirit. ?

and the verses of Paul that you mention where are they ?
your Scripture is all over the place ?

Are you refering to this post? I didn't write that.

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

polonius
Prodigy

God breathed???

Post #106

Post by polonius »

Why do you claim that all the books of the Bible are divinely inspired? Do you have any evidence supporting this view, or is it only an assumption?

But if this is true, must not all these books be free from error?

polonius
Prodigy

Post #107

Post by polonius »

JehovahsWitness wrote:
TripleZ wrote: I have never heard a JW agree with Paul, maybe they agree with Paul before Yeshua took hold of him and changed him to witness to us Gentiles ?

As one of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES I can assure you we believe EVERYTHING Paul wrote that is recorded in the holy bible. There are no verses we reject as merely human thinking that includes the 13 letters of the Apostle Paul. Our literature quotes the writings of Paul often and we believe, after his miraculous encounter with Jesus on the road to Damascus, to have lived a life wholly devoted to God as one of His chosen vessels.

JEHOVAH'S WITNESS

RESPONSE: Actually, Paul himself probably only wrote seven of the Epistles in the Bible.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Authorshi ... e_epistles

The Pauline epistles are the fourteen books in the New Testament traditionally attributed to Paul the Apostle, although many dispute the anonymous Epistle to the Hebrews as being a Pauline epistle.[1][2][3]

There is nearly universal consensus in modern New Testament scholarship on a core group of authentic Pauline epistles whose authorship is rarely contested: Romans, 1 and 2 Corinthians, Galatians, Philippians, 1 Thessalonians, and Philemon.

Several additional letters bearing Paul's name are disputed among scholars, namely Ephesians, Colossians, 2 Thessalonians, 1 and 2 Timothy, and Titus. Scholarly opinion is sharply divided on whether or not Colossians and 2 Thessalonians are genuine letters of Paul.

The remaining four contested epistles – Ephesians, as well as the three known as the Pastoral epistles (1 and 2 Timothy, and Titus) – have been labeled pseudepigraphical works by most critical scholars.[4][5][6]

So 2 Timothy which says "all Scripture is God breathed" probably wasn't Paul's.

Pipiripi
Banned
Banned

Post #108

Post by Pipiripi »

polonius.advice wrote:
JehovahsWitness wrote:

JEHOVAH'S WITNESS

RESPONSE: Actually, Paul himself probably only wrote seven of the Epistles in the Bible.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Authorshi ... e_epistles

The Pauline epistles are the fourteen books in the New Testament traditionally attributed to Paul the Apostle, although many dispute the anonymous Epistle to the Hebrews as being a Pauline epistle.[1][2][3]

There is nearly universal consensus in modern New Testament scholarship on a core group of authentic Pauline epistles whose authorship is rarely contested: Romans, 1 and 2 Corinthians, Galatians, Philippians, 1 Thessalonians, and Philemon.

Several additional letters bearing Paul's name are disputed among scholars, namely Ephesians, Colossians, 2 Thessalonians, 1 and 2 Timothy, and Titus. Scholarly opinion is sharply divided on whether or not Colossians and 2 Thessalonians are genuine letters of Paul.

The remaining four contested epistles – Ephesians, as well as the three known as the Pastoral epistles (1 and 2 Timothy, and Titus) – have been labeled pseudepigraphical works by most critical scholars.[4][5][6]

So 2 Timothy which says "all Scripture is God breathed" probably wasn't Paul's.
Who write 2 Timothy?

TripleZ
Banned
Banned

Post #109

Post by TripleZ »

1 Corinthians

________
*Jehovah

Regards

Paul says no such things,,lol are you serious ? The JWs are of course still false witnesses as they only believe the words of men, not Gods word...

Scripture does not say that Yeshua did not die at all.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #110

[Replying to post 109 by TripleZ]

Are you suggesting Jehovah's Witnesses do not believe Jesus died?