Moderator: Moderators

Pipiripi
Banned
Banned

What is the 1000 Years Millennium?

Post #1

Post by Pipiripi »

The Thousand Years Millennium

The word 'Millennium' doesn't appear in the Bible, although it is used throughout the world to describe the 1000 year millennial reign after the SECOND coming of Christ which we find in Revelation 20:2-7.
( Read it)
So there is no mistaking that this time period is going to be a 1000 years. But when does it start? The popular mainstream teaching is after the church is "rapture," the saints spent 7 years in heaven with Jesus while the great tribulation happens on earth. Then after the 7 years, they believe the church comes back to earth with Jesus where He will reign from Israel for a 1000 years. The rapture teaching is false. The seven years tribulation teaching is false and of course, this teaching of Jesus reigning on earth for 1000 years while the wicked continue to live is also false. So what is the truth? Let's find out.

STARTING POINT FOR THE 1000 YEAR MILLENNIUM.
From here the friendly debate begin.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Re: What is the 1000 Years Millennium?

Post #141

Post by JehovahsWitness »

TripleZ wrote:How ever, the WT totally rejects the very notion and purpose of Yeshua, who, in this Letter to His Church, is Yeshua the Lord..
If you are under the impression that Jehovah's Witnesses reject the very notion of Jesus (Yeshuah) then you are mistaken. Jehovah's Witneesses believe in Jesus and accept him as our Lord and Savior. Our literature refer to him often as such.

JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

marco
Savant

Post #142

Post by marco »

JehovahsWitness wrote:

The thousand year reign of Christ and his co-rulers will be the period from just after Harmagedon when Jesus having killed of all the wicked, destroyed all human governments and cast Satan into an abyss of inactivity, will rule over the meek who will finally inherit the earth.
It never fails to sadden me that we can communicate over vast distances in a way never dreamed of by the biblical writers we quote and yet we can talk of Christ killing this one and that and finally getting his hands on Satan's throat. Then finally we take the beatitudes in a literal way and invent a King Arthur Kingdom for the dumfounded.

Did we venture to the moon to find Selene asleep?

Checkpoint
Prodigy

Post #143

Post by Checkpoint »

marco wrote:
JehovahsWitness wrote:

The thousand year reign of Christ and his co-rulers will be the period from just after Harmagedon when Jesus having killed of all the wicked, destroyed all human governments and cast Satan into an abyss of inactivity, will rule over the meek who will finally inherit the earth.
It never fails to sadden me that we can communicate over vast distances in a way never dreamed of by the biblical writers we quote and yet we can talk of Christ killing this one and that and finally getting his hands on Satan's throat. Then finally we take the beatitudes in a literal way and invent a King Arthur Kingdom for the dumfounded.

Did we venture to the moon to find Selene asleep?
And your viable alternative is?

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #144

marco wrote:
JehovahsWitness wrote:

It never fails to sadden me that we can communicate over vast distances in a way never dreamed of by the biblical writers we quote and yet we can talk of Christ killing this one and that and finally getting his hands on Satan's throat.
I can't debate your sadness, and unless you claim to be a mind reader of the bible writers long dead I cannot imagine how you are privy to what they did or did not dreamed of.

If you want to ask about how Jehovah's Witnesses arrive at their particular interpretation that is something concrete I can respond to, so feel free to ask. Otherwise I can only suggest you try and learn to live a happy life despite the fact that there are individuals who choose not to think as you would have them do.

Peace to you,

JW

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

Pipiripi
Banned
Banned

Post #145

Post by Pipiripi »

Checkpoint wrote:
Pipiripi wrote:
Checkpoint wrote:
Pipiripi wrote:
Checkpoint wrote:
Pipiripi wrote:
Why than are so many denominations with an other thinking? My friend whatever someone say sometings and it is in accordance with the Bible it is the truth. But as long someone take parts of the Bible and maked their own story it is not from God. The Holy Spirit can never go against the writings in the Bible. Look for yourself and let the Bible proofs of the content come out of the story in the Bible.
That is what we all try and do, and we all fail in one way or another.

We are fallible, and sometimes deceive ourselves.
My friend what about this three verses? Tel me what you think.

Acts 2:4
1Corinthians 2:13
1Corinthians 12:3
I think you have chosen good verses about the Spirit and how, ideally, truth and reality are perceived and shared.

However, the fact is we are earthen vessels who do not yet see and understand as much as, or as well as, we think we do.

From here that you say: "we are earthen"
John 17:14.....'I have given them thy word; and the WORLD hath hated them, because they are not OF the WORLD, even as I am NOT OF THE WORLD.

Do you see the spiritual effect here? I am NOT from this WORLD, are YOU?

A little more humility, and a little less overconfidence, would be much
appreciated and very helpful.
Don't forget John 17. Remember what Jesus is saying to His Father. Read it and let me known if you have understand what I wont to say. 😊
How does reading John 17 help me to understand what you want to say?

TripleZ
Banned
Banned

Post #146

Post by TripleZ »

JehovahsWitness wrote: [Replying to post 5 by Pipiripi]

♦ QUESTION: What happens after the 1000 YEAR rule of Christ?

After this 1000 year idyllic existence under Christ's rule, the bible explains that Satan the Devil (who had been chained and cast into a pit, inactive and unable to hurt mankind in any way) will once more be let loose. But Why?!
  • Until then all humans had been imperfect, weakened by inherited sin (see Romans 5:12). But would humans off their own free will in a perfect state (similar to Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden) choose God's rule or Satan? Adam and Eve failed this test, even though perfect they chose to oppose their God. In order to see if perfect humans, human without sin, would remain loyal to God, one last test would be necessary. It is for this reason Satan will be released from his 1000 year captivity to try once more to tempt people - people who for the first time in history are perfect sinless individuals (see Rev 20:7,8).

Incredible as it may seem, some will indeed choose to join Satan in a final confrontation between good and evil (read Rev 20:8b). The outcome of this war is inevitable, God's ruling King JESUS will win and all those judged unworthy of everlasting life, having failed this final test will be destroyed forever along with Satan the Devil himself (Rev 20:10, 15).
Thus will end the 1000 year rule of Christ. All will have been returned to the order originally purposed in the Garden of Eden, obedient humans will be perfect and able to live on this planet earth in peace and perfect harmony with God and each other. Forever!

Hallelujah!

Rev 20:8 ( b ) ? how is there a B ? Seriously
Rev 20:7 When the thousand years are over, the Adversary will be set free from his prison
Rev 20:8 and will go out to deceive the nations in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them for the battle. Their number is countless as the sand on the seashore;
Rev 20:9 and they came up over the breadth of the Land and surrounded the camp of God's people and the city he loves. But fire came down from heaven and consumed them.

The WTs love of the, HALF SENTENCE, IS AMAZINGLY VERY BAD ENGLISH ?
I also note that you state that the WT AGREES with God sic! I am sure that God is please to know this ?

JEHOVAH'S WITNESS

RELATED POST

REV 20:1-3 What will happen to SATAN during the 1000 year rule of Christ?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 325#905325
so how is that you JWs reject Yeshua as the real true flesh and blood son of God the Father and thus listen to men instead of the Saviour of all mankind ?

Also why do you short circuit the Scriptures eg; you quote Romans wrongly ?

TripleZ
Banned
Banned

Post #147

Post by TripleZ »

otseng wrote:
TripleZ wrote: you make a profession of being wrong about God Word and you do t very well indeed.
:warning: Moderator Final Warning

Please cease from the personal attacks.

Please review the Rules.

Moderator final warnings serve as the last strike towards users. Additional violations will result in a probation vote. Further infractions will lead to banishment. Any challenges or replies to moderator warnings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.
I am trying to save lost souls and cults from eternal doom. This is a war out here, as in " put on the full armor of God, etc " so judge away alll you like, the same will apply to you on the Day.
I forgive you...

TripleZ
Banned
Banned

Post #148

Post by TripleZ »

JehovahsWitness wrote: [Replying to post 1 by Pipiripi]

The thousand year reign of Christ and his co-rulers will be the period from just after Harmagedon when Jesus having killed of all the wicked, destroyed all human governments and cast Satan into an abyss of inactivity, will rule over the meek who will finally inherit the earth. Alternative names for this period of 1000 literal years is "judgement day". Humans will enjoy the paradise conditions promised in the bible.
  • Obviously with only one world government in Christ's hands ruling (from heaven) over this our present planet earth, there will be better living conditions on earth. All suffering, emotional pain and anxiety will end (Rev 21:4). The earth will be cleansed of pollution, war, sickness and mankind will be cleansed of Adamic sin and eventually enjoy perfect life in perfect living conditions in full harmony with Jehovah our Grand Creator and with each other. Christ will even resurrect the dead, to be welcomed back to healthy human life in to the arms of those that love them.
THE THOUSAND YEAR RULE OF CHRIST WILL BE A WONDERFUL TIME FOR THE MEEK

FURTHER READING:
https://www.jw.org/en/publications/book ... ear-reign/
well this says it all;

Joh 14:6 Yeshua said, "I AM the Way — and the Truth and the Life; no one comes to the Father except through me.

so how come to you He is dead then ?

marco
Savant

Post #149

Post by marco »

JehovahsWitness wrote:
I can't debate your sadness,
There is no requirement for you to do so.
JehovahsWitness wrote:
and unless you claim to be a mind reader of the bible writers long dead I cannot imagine how you are privy to what they did or did not dreamed of.
I took a wild guess that the folk of the first century had not heard of the Internet. But granted, if we believe in monsters and dragons and lakes of fire, then we can assume anything.

JehovahsWitness wrote:
If you want to ask about how Jehovah's Witnesses arrive at their particular interpretation that is something concrete I can respond to ...
I can see the pretty pictures. Michelangelo did better. Imagination is used, that's all. No further explanation is needed.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #150

marco wrote:I can see the pretty pictures. ...No further explanation is needed.
They say a picture paints a thousand words, so I'm glad you looked at the picture and deemed it "pretty" (please note I did not paint the picture). Well then my work here is done.

Regards

JW

Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:33 am, edited 2 times in total.