Is it entirely unnecessary and insulting to inform people...

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

William
Savant

Is it entirely unnecessary and insulting to inform people...

Post #1

Post by William »

Is it entirely unnecessary and insulting to inform people...That they are evil in the sight of GOD and bound for hell?

As a human being, how is such theology acceptable and a good and reasonable thing to be stating or even implying of others, on a debate forum or even in day to day life?

Are people right to be able to take a stand against such theology and call it out for being dated, dark, based upon information from dark ages, based in ignorance and evil of intent?

What gives individuals the right to say such things about others?

Is it a form of abuse?

Should others have to take that kind of abuse about their persons without protesting it?

otseng
Savant

Post #51

Post by otseng »

Pipiripi wrote:For the moderators they have a rules that make debating impossible for people to have a liberally debating about their believes.
Moderator Comment

This forum is to debate, not simply post what one believes. The difference is one must present logic and evidence to support the belief. We've been doing this on this forum for over 14 years, so it's not impossible to debate here. If you simply just say one should believe because the Bible says so, that's not going to work here. There are many people here who do not accept the authority of the Bible. But, they will respect evidence and logic.

Please review the Rules.

Moderator comments do not count as a strike against any posters. They only serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received, but has not been judged to warrant a moderator warning against a particular poster. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.

Pipiripi
Banned
Banned

Post #52

Post by Pipiripi »

My FRIEND the whole BIBLE is a preaching book. What is written in the Bible is the true story that was happen in that time.
Noah preached in his time, Moses preached in his time, JESUS preached in His time. The apostles preached all what happens in their time. And we have the Bible their preaching. The BIBLE is attacking the unbeliever. The BIBLE has his own rules, the 10 commandments. So, then if you are a Christian and God is your FATHER and Jesus is your big brother, then every Christians must keep God's Commandments. Jesus say: " Keep my commandments, just like I have kept my FATHER commandment. This is for all true Christians. Revelation 12:17 and 14:12. Every thru Christian in this world is a preacher. All other RULES against God rules is from Satan. Debating here is just nothing doing to fulfill emptiness without helping people open their heart for Jesus. And they call themselves Christians. Why the name Debating Christianity, and don't know what is a Christian life? Don't you know that Christians are not longer the old person anymore? Don't you know that real Christians belong to God? It is God that talk through them, not themselves. I will not stay longer here because it is impossible for me to keep rules against God rules. This debating side and all others who have rules against God rules is from Satan. To deceive people eyes from Jesus. I don't care if the BAN me. They cannot stopping me to keep my God COMMANDMENT and have the FAITH of Jesus. I hope this will help people understand the TRUTH Biblical. STOP FIGHTING GOD WITH WORLDLY RULES. For the TRUE Christians here this is a warning open your eyes and surrender yourself to Jesus. If they hate you, remember, they have hate me first. Jesus word. Sound like preaching, isn't it!! But the TRUTH stay TRUTH.

Elijah John
Savant

Post #53

Post by Elijah John »

Pipiripi wrote: I don't care if the BAN me. They cannot stopping me to keep my God COMMANDMENT and have the FAITH of Jesus. I hope this will help people understand the TRUTH Biblical. STOP FIGHTING GOD WITH WORLDLY RULES. For the TRUE Christians here this is a warning open your eyes and surrender yourself to Jesus. If they hate you, remember, they have hate me first. Jesus word. Sound like preaching, isn't it!! But the TRUTH stay TRUTH.
Moderator Clarification

Please, spare us the martydom routine. You are not the first to play that card. The forum rules are not there to prevent you from keeping God's commandments, nor do they prevent you from having faith in Jesus.

Consider this, if we ban you as you mentioned, (and that may well happen soon) you will not be able to argue for your point of view, or represent your faith here any longer. You would have been better advised to learn how to debate by our simple guidelines and promote your faith by means of debate, and to see if your version of the Gospel would triumph on a level playing ground, this battlefield of ideas. Perhaps in that way you would have been able to reach thousands of people.

Persuasion is often more effective than preaching.

Previous comments and warnings were meant to coach you towards civil debate. We tried.

Rules
C&A Guidelines

Moderator clarifications do not count as a strike against any posters. They serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received and/or are given at the discretion of a moderator when he or she feels a clarification of the rules is required.
My theological positions:

-God created us in His image, not the other way around.
-The Bible is redeemed by it's good parts.
-Pure monotheism, simple repentance.
-YHVH is LORD
-The real Jesus is not God, the real YHVH is not a monster.
-Eternal life is a gift from the Living God.
-Keep the Commandments, keep your salvation.
-I have accepted YHVH as my Heavenly Father, LORD and Savior.

I am inspired by Jesus to worship none but YHVH, and to serve only Him.

brunumb
Savant

Post #54

Post by brunumb »

[Replying to post 52 by Pipiripi]
My FRIEND the whole BIBLE is a preaching book. What is written in the Bible is the true story that was happen in that time.
Noah preached in his time, Moses preached in his time, JESUS preached in His time.
Yes, the Bible is a preaching book, as are all religious texts from other religions. Like all of them, the Bible claims to have the truth but nothing pertaining to any of the miraculous events it describes has ever been verified. It is possible to believe them as truth, but it is not possible to define them as truth.

Even the existence of the figures you mentioned is questionable. Science has thoroughly debunked the great flood, so Noah appears to be nothing more than an invented character incorporated into an exaggerated tale of a more mundane natural disaster. There is no evidence of an exodus from Egypt and the character of Moses seems to have been based on one from another time and place (Sargon the Great). Even the existence of Jesus can be questioned since there is nothing definitive about him outside of the Bible, and the Bible is just a preaching book as you stated.

Do you have any compelling evidence that the Bible is more than just a collection of fanciful stories embedded in a little factual history to give it a semblance of truth?

:study:

Pipiripi
Banned
Banned

Post #55

Post by Pipiripi »

[Replying to post 54 by brunumb]

I say and I say it again. Go to hell if your rules are not accordance with God RULES. If any atheists write something about my God they should get a warning. But they don't get a warning, why? Because the devil is the owner and the moderator teacher. They atheist blaspheme against God and everybody in the Bible, they don't get a warning. You can BAN me now, I don't care I don't eat and not drink of you. Every one who say something against my believe, has saying it against me. They deserve to BAN. Now is time to PROOF. Every people in the world who believes in evolution, their mom and dad is a monkey. Ban me if it isn't right. They teachings and PREACHINGS say that they are monkey's. Is this an attack against them? Moderator you are not God to say for nobody believes what is an attacking on a person. Because you self has to learn what debating means. Go changed the devils rules and used God RULES. The ten commandments. Revelation 12:17 and 14:12.
Don't you see that no true Christians who know their bible, didn't say anything against what I has written. Why? Because they has gone seen for theme self, and find the truth. You that make rules against God RULES will one day encounter with the LAW Creator. Surely God will let you see me for the first time before you go to hell. You will see the day how I wrote this letters. It is better for you to repent from your rules sin, and begin to keep God's Commandments.
Last edited by Pipiripi on Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pipiripi
Banned
Banned

Post #56

Post by Pipiripi »

One thing more. And keep it forever in your mind, if you have one. Say something against any kind of believing, is attacking that person.

Every person in the Bible is my mind. So say something agains one of them you have declare war. It is a personal issue. Go to hell all who attacked my beliefs, and think that I keep silence.

Elijah John
Savant

Post #57

Post by Elijah John »

[Replying to post 56 by Pipiripi]

Moderator Action

Piripiri has been banned for continued, defiant and agressive preaching, insults, attacks on others and open contempt for forum rules.

My theological positions:

-God created us in His image, not the other way around.
-The Bible is redeemed by it's good parts.
-Pure monotheism, simple repentance.
-YHVH is LORD
-The real Jesus is not God, the real YHVH is not a monster.
-Eternal life is a gift from the Living God.
-Keep the Commandments, keep your salvation.
-I have accepted YHVH as my Heavenly Father, LORD and Savior.

I am inspired by Jesus to worship none but YHVH, and to serve only Him.

For_The_Kingdom
Guru

Re: Is it entirely unnecessary and insulting to inform peopl

Post #58

Post by For_The_Kingdom »

William wrote: Is it entirely unnecessary and insulting to inform people...That they are evil in the sight of GOD and bound for hell?
The truth is the truth, and will remain true regardless of ones personal feelings/attitudes towards it.
William wrote: As a human being, how is such theology acceptable and a good and reasonable thing to be stating or even implying of others, on a debate forum or even in day to day life?
Jesus spoke more about hell than heaven. I wish you were there at that time, so you could ask him "how is such theology acceptable and a good and reasonable thing..."
William wrote: Are people right to be able to take a stand against such theology and call it out for being dated, dark, based upon information from dark ages, based in ignorance and evil of intent?
People can certainly have/share their opinion about the matter...but again, personal feelings are irrelevant to truth value.
William wrote: What gives individuals the right to say such things about others?
Even as Christians, we shouldn't go around condemning people to hell. But giving people fair warnings and encouraging them to change their direction in light of what is in front of them...I would say that is love.
William wrote: Is it a form of abuse?
No. Especially if you don't believe in hell.
William wrote: Should others have to take that kind of abuse about their persons without protesting it?
If you don't go to hell, then this would be a dead issue, wouldn't it be?

William
Savant

Post #59

Post by William »

[Replying to post 58 by For_The_Kingdom]
The truth is the truth, and will remain true regardless of ones personal feelings/attitudes towards it.
See this is what I am talking about. People conflating their beliefs with The Truth and then regarding that as a licences to insult others with.
Jesus spoke more about hell than heaven. I wish you were there at that time, so you could ask him "how is such theology acceptable and a good and reasonable thing..."
As the observant are aware, none of us were 'there at the time' and assuming Jesus did exist and assuming Jesus did speak of hell, the aforementioned observant understand that Christendom itself is well divided on what 'Hell' actually is, so The Truth is that all Christians should refrain from using the idea that humans are evil in the sight of GOD and that GOD is going to send them to hell, as a means to attack individuals or groups.
People can certainly have/share their opinion about the matter...but again, personal feelings are irrelevant to truth value.
Again, conflating ones belief systems with The Truth, is one of the reasons why this problem exists. Believing something is 'the truth' does not make it 'the truth'.
Even as Christians, we shouldn't go around condemning people to hell. But giving people fair warnings and encouraging them to change their direction in light of what is in front of them...I would say that is love.
And I would say that is creating potential business opportunity and controlling individuals though guilt and fear mongering.
Love has to be motivated by the actual truth, and it is plain that - as already mentioned - Christendom is divided on the actual existence of hell and what is actually meant by that. Until that question is sorted, one needs to refrain from calling one's particular interpretation about it as being 'the truth' of the matter and using that belief to attack others with and declaring that this is motivated by LOVE!!! No abuse is motivated by Love!
Is it a form of abuse?
No. Especially if you don't believe in hell
I reiterate that deciding what is abuse or not cannot be done on the basis of what one believes.
Should others have to take that kind of abuse about their persons without protesting it?
If you don't go to hell, then this would be a dead issue, wouldn't it be?
In that case such a thing is best left an issue for the departed rather than used as a device of abuse in the here and the now.

jgh7

Post #60

Post by jgh7 »

For_The_Kingdom wrote:
William wrote: And I would say that is creating potential business opportunity and controlling individuals though guilt and fear mongering.
Or people do it out of concern to save others. You can believe your view on this matter, but you can't count out the other. I bet many do it through your view, but many do it through this view as well. Hell can be preached through judgmental hate, or it can be preached through concerned love.
William wrote: Love has to be motivated by the actual truth, and it is plain that - as already mentioned - Christendom is divided on the actual existence of hell and what is actually meant by that. Until that question is sorted, one needs to refrain from calling one's particular interpretation about it as being 'the truth' of the matter and using that belief to attack others with and declaring that this is motivated by LOVE!!! No abuse is motivated by Love!
There may not be concensus on whether Hell is eternal punishment or whether it's death in the form of nonexistence, but why should this stop people from warning of it? Both situations are bad. If hypothetically many Christians believed Hell to be a great place while many others believed it to be horrible, then I could understand your objection and say that we need to sort out the matter before warning. But since unanimous concensus is that the outcome of going to Hell is terrible, it is warranted to warn.