Banned

John 1:20-25 who is the Prophet here!?

Post #1

Post by Yusef »

Yusef wrote: ....
[Youtube][/youtube]
Gospel of John chapter 1
  • John the Baptist Denies Being the Messiah

19 Now this was John’s testimony when the Jewish leaders[c] in Jerusalem sent priests and Levites to ask him who he was.

20 He did not fail to confess, but confessed freely, “I am not the Messiah.�

21 They asked him, “Then who are you? Are you Elijah?�

He said, “I am not.�

“Are you that Prophet we are expecting?�
    He answered, “No.�

22 Finally they said, “Who are you? Give us an answer to take back to those who sent us. What do you say about yourself?�

23 John replied in the words of Isaiah the prophet, “I am the voice of one calling in the wilderness, ‘Make straight the way for the Lord.’�[d]

24 Now the Pharisees who had been sent 25 questioned him, “Why then do you baptize if you are not the Messiah, nor Elijah, nor the Prophet?�

26 “I baptize with[e] water,� John replied, “but among you stands one you do not know.

27 He is the one who comes after me, the straps of whose sandals I am not worthy to untie.�

28 This all happened at Bethany on the other side of the Jordan, where John was baptizing.
Well,
We have here 3 personalities that prophet Yahya[pbuh] denies he is one of them!
  • 1. Messiah
    2. Elijah
    3. The Prophet
If we assume the Messiah is the same Jesus[pbuh],
And the Elijah the same Eliyahu[pbuh]

Then Whom the Jews were expecting as the Prophet which is except for the Messiah and Elijah!?? :study:

Who is the third person here!?
ref:detecting of decoding of the encoded holy books: *Secrets of Enoch *Revelation of John *Qur'an *Hadith
I assume your beliefs are the better! Well, be soldier of God and convert me. By your own reasonings also tell me my wrong beliefs and why..>> :study:

Elijah John
Savant

Re: John 1:20-25 who is the Prophet here!?

Post #2

Post by Elijah John »

[Replying to post 1 by Yusef]

Well, since Jesus is not Elijah, nor is he the Messiah, (he did not usher in the Messianic age) then he must be the prophet.

Abraham was said to have fathered two great nations, one through Isaac, and by extension Judaism and Christianity the other through Ishmael, who it is said brought fourth the Arab people, and by extension Islam.

Jesus is the prophet of Christianity, and Mohammed of Islam. That's how I read it anyway.
My theological positions:

-God created us in His image, not the other way around.
-The Bible is redeemed by it's good parts.
-Pure monotheism, simple repentance.
-YHVH is LORD
-The real Jesus is not God, the real YHVH is not a monster.
-Eternal life is a gift from the Living God.
-Keep the Commandments, keep your salvation.
-I have accepted YHVH as my Heavenly Father, LORD and Savior.

I am inspired by Jesus to worship none but YHVH, and to serve only Him.

Willum
Savant

Post #3

Post by Willum »

I think the rational, responsible response to John the Baptist (JTB) is:
"Who cares?"

We have no reason to believe JTB is anything other than a normal Joe.
His ability to sanctify Jesus, is specious, just as any man's ability to validate a son of God, or any god, is specious.

It is obviously just a story to provide an illusionary bit of validation to another false story.

So the mystery of which you write is easily explained. The scenario is false, because the story is false.

All mysteries are best solved by there not being one.

Savant

Post #4

Post by 1213 »

Yusef wrote: ...
Then Whom the Jews were expecting as the Prophet which is except for the Messiah and Elijah!??...
I think that is a good question. I have understood they waited Elijah, before the Messiah (Jesus), because

His disciples asked him, saying, "Then why do the scribes say that Elijah must come first?" Jesus answered them, "Elijah indeed comes first, and will restore all things, but I tell you that Elijah has come already, and they didn't recognize him, but did to him whatever they wanted to. Even so the Son of Man will also suffer by them." Then the disciples understood that he spoke to them of John the Baptizer.
Matt. 17:10-13

But Elijah came in spirit, in John:

For he will be great in the sight of the Lord, and he will drink no wine nor strong drink. He will be filled with the Holy Spirit, even from his mother's womb. He will turn many of the children of Israel to the Lord, their God. He will go before him in the spirit and power of Elijah, 'to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children,' and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; to make ready a people prepared for the Lord."
Luke 1:15-17

This is why John himself was not really Elijah, but Elijah influenced in him.

Yusef
Banned
Banned

Post #5

Post by Yusef »

Elijah John wrote: [Replying to post 1 by Yusef]

Well, since Jesus is not Elijah, nor is he the Messiah, (he did not usher in the Messianic age) then he must be the prophet.
Therefore you believe that the Messiah is not a prophet!?
Elijah John wrote:Abraham was said to have fathered two great nations, one through Isaac, and by extension Judaism and Christianity the other through Ishmael, who it is said brought fourth the Arab people, and by extension Islam.

Jesus is the prophet of Christianity, and Mohammed of Islam. That's how I read it anyway.
Therefore you are paused on the acceptance/denying of Christianity and Islam untill coming back the Elijah!?
I assume your beliefs are the better! Well, be soldier of God and convert me. By your own reasonings also tell me my wrong beliefs and why..>> :study:

Yusef
Banned
Banned

John 1:20-25 who is the Prophet here!?

Post #6

Post by Yusef »

[Replying to post 3 by Willum]

My question is cleared.
The Jews were waiting at least 3 personalities;
  • The Messiah,
    The Elijah,
    The Prophet
Well,
Se assume The Messiah be the same Jesus[pbuh]
The Elijah is the same Eliyahu[pbuh]
And a Prophet except for these 2 personalities they were waiting for coming!
And if he is the same Yahya[pbuh], but he[pbuh] denies that he is him!!

Yusef
Banned
Banned

Post #7

Post by Yusef »

1213 wrote:
Yusef wrote: ...
Then Whom the Jews were expecting as the Prophet which is except for the Messiah and Elijah!??...
I think that is a good question. I have understood they waited Elijah, before the Messiah (Jesus), because

His disciples asked him, saying, "Then why do the scribes say that Elijah must come first?" Jesus answered them, "Elijah indeed comes first, and will restore all things, but I tell you that Elijah has come already, and they didn't recognize him, but did to him whatever they wanted to. Even so the Son of Man will also suffer by them." Then the disciples understood that he spoke to them of John the Baptizer.
This is thinking of the writer!
Whether prophet Jesus[pbuh] verified that their thinking about "Yahya=Eliyas" was true!?

Yusef
Banned
Banned

Ali is the same Elijah in the Torah

Post #8

Post by Yusef »

Yusef Post 30: Wed Apr 18, 2012 08:52 pm wrote: An other important question!

The modern gospel tells us:
This Matthew wrote:"And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, that is to say, my God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?.."[27:46]
How a Prophet of God thinks God forsaken him??
Never a Prophet mistrusts in God.
So he wasn't Jesus(a.s), and Islam says truth that he was Yahuda AskharYuti[Judas Iscariout]
This Matthew wrote:"...Satan tested Jesus(a.s)..."[4:1]
How Satan who is a God's creature, then tested Him??[Na'udoBAllah]
Here i during my own foolish period brought these important and powerful examples!!

Well,
There found an important keyword for the Crossword here!!

The text is:
Eli, Eli, lamma sabokhtani...

Well,
As I asked you in 2012, again ask you this form:
  • Algorithm
    â—‹ If meaning of the word 'Eli' is God;
    • Return back to the same 30th post of 2012
    â—‹ If meaning of the 'Eli' is Elijah;
    • Which one of the 2 Elijahs of the holy book he meant!!?
These are connected to the:
  • 1. This Video clip i brought in the first post
    2. Shi'a Hadith
    ...Ali has 72 names in 72 places... in Persian "Nowruz", in the Torah "Eliya", in the Gospel "Eiliya"....
    3. Post 92: Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:14 pm Jesus holy spirit Ali
    Yusef wrote:
    Yusef wrote:
    Burninglight wrote:..He[Jesus(a.s.)] said like "Before Abraham was I
    am" or I am the way, the truth and
    the life,
    The Imam Ali(a.s.) said like:
    - The energy which converted the fire of Namrud to garden flowers for Abraham was I am..
    - The energy within the ring of Solomon was I am..
    - The energy which made the wood of Moses powerful was I am..
    - The energy which was within the miracles of Jesus was I am..
    - The energy which made Jesus able to conversation in childhood was I am..
    - Within the miracles of Elisha, Elijah, etc.
    - The Greatest Names of God which Adam used them and got forgiveness from God was I am..
    * Also too many Hadiths say:
    - God Created the world just for existence of Ali, and Created Ali, just for existence of Fatimah..
    - Ruh-ul-Qudos[Sprit-the-Holy] is within The Prophet Muhammad and The Ahl-ul-Bayt[12 Imams] and nobody else..
    - God Has seventy three The Greatest Name for His creatures. God Gave Jesus two of them; Gave Moses four, Abraham eight, Noah fifteen, and Adam twenty five of the Names of The Greatest. Then God Gave Muhammad seventy two the Names, and the one other is the Clairvoyance and it's the special for God and God Himself if Wana Give, Give somethings about sometimes of the clairvoyance to some Prophets and Imams.. And those 72 Names after the Prophet moved to Ali[the first Imam], then Hasan(2), Husayn(3), Sajjad(4), Baghir(5), Sadigh(6), Moses(7), Ridha(8), Javad(9), Hadi(10), Hasan(11), then The Mahdi(12)..
    - The things of all of the Prophets including the holy wood and stone and book of Moses, the ring of Solomon, the war-coffin and book of David, the original books of Adam, Abraham, Noah, Jesus, Hezghil... and.. All of them moved to the last Prophet and the Ahl-ul-Bayt[12 Imam] and Now, those are with The Mahdi.
    - The Twelver Imams were leader to anythings and anyone including humans, animals, jinns
    and......
    Therefore the most powerful people in the whole of the history of creations were The Muhammad and The Twelver Imams and Now is The Mahdi(a.s.)
    + The above shouldn't be the reason for us to worship anyone except God The One The Almighty The Greatest!
    ..and wrote:..and no man comes to God except through me.
    Once a Jew came to Ali and said "O' Ali, I accepted and believed in Muhammad the last and true prophet of God and you after the prophet"
    then Ali asked him: "what about Jesus!??"
    answered: "actually, I don't believe in him"
    said: "Nope, your faith nevers useful. and you aren't a Muslim while you accept all of the Prophets Islam introduced"
    And no one goes toward God except through one to one of the prophets as a link is.
    ..and wrote:Jesus forgave
    peoples sins and raised the dead. Only God can forgive sin..
    According to Qur'an, all of the prophets, Imams, and even pure people might forgive peoples sins, But no directly! through intercession between God and them.
    Also! They aren't allow to intercede everyone who themselves want to!!
    According to Islam, they're allow to use intercession just those who:
    1- don't deny the day the resurrection!
    2- don't deny the worshiping
    3- don't live just for this world and it's pleasures
    Goat wrote:
    Yusef wrote:
    ..and wrote:The anti Christ is one who stands in
    place of Christ Jesus. Most popes
    have been types of anti Christ, but
    the anti Christ the son of perdition is
    yet to come. He is the son of Satan
    who comes in the flesh like the son
    of God came in the flesh.
    about the first part, I can say "Can
    the Jews say: "The anti Christ is one
    who stands in place of Moses the
    Prophet"!!??
    and the other parts of your post We
    Muslims accept as you.
    Nope. the concept of the 'anti-Christ'
    is alien to the Jewish faith.
    Therefore, that idea would have no
    meaning
    i only brought an example for Mr. Burninglight to opens his mind and realizes if his reasoning be just these things, then we Muslims can bring those same things against themselves
    The concept of tei al-ardh has its roots in the following verses of the Chapter al-Naml of the Quran:
    — Qur'an, sura 27 (An-Naml), ayat 38-40
    "Solomon said to his own men: 'Ye Chiefs! which of you can bring me the throne of Queen of Sheba before she and her envoys come to me in submission? Said an Ifrit, of the Jinns: 'I will bring it to thee before thou rise from thy council: indeed I have full strength for the purpose, and may be trusted." "Said one who had knowledge of the Book: 'I will bring it to thee within the twinkling of an eye!' Then when (Solomon) saw it placed firmly before him, he said: 'This is by the grace of my Lord!"

The phrase "twinkling of an eye" is translated to mean in a very, very short time, i.e. almost instantaneously.

Some claim that according to these verses, it is the non-prophet Asif ibn al-Birkhia who transports the throne of Queen Sheba almost instantaneously. According to them, a hadith by Imam Ja'far al-Sadiq also confirms that Solomon transports the throne by Tay al-Ard in specific.[3]

A precise definition of Tai al-Ardh has been offered by Allama Qadhi, one of the masters of Allameh Tabatabaei:

"the ceasing and termination of matter in the initial location, and its appearance and re-creation in its final location (destination)"[4]
    Other explanations offered are also mystical in nature. A hadith by Imam Muhammad al-Baqir e.g. is narrated in which he attributes the aforementioned esoteric knowledge of Asif ibn Barakhia to the Asma 'ullah or the "names of God", another widely discussed topic in Islamic philosophy and mysticism and even kabbalah:
    "The Almighty's greatest name has 73 letters (or parts). Asif ibn Barakhia knew only one letter of it, which enabled him to traverse the earth in the blink of an eye. We Shia Imams however possess 72 of them. And the last letter is concealed from all creation and remains a secret to only the Almighty Himself."[5]

The only Decoders of All Holy Books:
    ref:Who hold the testimony of Jesus and commandments of God!?
    • â—Ž The All → Encoder[God] → Holy Books
      ☆ Holy Books → Decoders[The Prophet & 12Imams] → Hadith
      ○ Hadith → Detectors[Scientists/Scholars] → The All
    :study:

Difflugia
Prodigy

Post #9

Post by Difflugia »

1213 wrote:His disciples asked him, saying, "Then why do the scribes say that Elijah must come first?" Jesus answered them, "Elijah indeed comes first, and will restore all things, but I tell you that Elijah has come already, and they didn't recognize him, but did to him whatever they wanted to. Even so the Son of Man will also suffer by them." Then the disciples understood that he spoke to them of John the Baptizer.

This cracks me up whenever I read Matthew.

"Jesus, why must Elijah come before you are raised?"
"I'll tell you a secret: John the Baptist was Elijah."

Of course Elijah came before Jesus was raised... they saw him something like five minutes ago in 17:3.

Yusef
Banned
Banned

Post #10

Post by Yusef »

Difflugia wrote:
1213 wrote:His disciples asked him, saying, "Then why do the scribes say that Elijah must come first?" Jesus answered them, "Elijah indeed comes first, and will restore all things, but I tell you that Elijah has come already, and they didn't recognize him, but did to him whatever they wanted to. Even so the Son of Man will also suffer by them." Then the disciples understood that he spoke to them of John the Baptizer.

This cracks me up whenever I read Matthew.

"Jesus, why must Elijah come before you are raised?"
"I'll tell you a secret: John the Baptist was Elijah."

Of course Elijah came before Jesus was raised... they saw him something like five minutes ago in 17:3.
Where of the bible is written this!!!??
And who has written!!?
Tell us