Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Zzyzx
Site Supporter

Gods and Demons interchangeable?

Post #1

Post by Zzyzx »

Gods and Demons interchangeable?

Some people evidently believe that invisible demons direct or influence their lives

Some people evidently believe that invisible gods direct or influence their lives

What is the difference?
Non-Theist

ANY of the thousands of "gods" proposed, imagined, worshiped, loved, feared, and/or fought over by humans MAY exist -- awaiting verifiable evidence

Savant

Post #41

Post by 1213 »

Zzyzx wrote: ….
otseng wrote: ….Notice specifically that the Bible can be used ONLY to show what the bible says and what Christianity says…
I think that is what I have done, but because it is not fitting for atheistic agenda, some people don’t seem to like it.

Zzyzx
Site Supporter

Post #42

Post by Zzyzx »

1213 wrote:
Zzyzx wrote: ….
otseng wrote: ….Notice specifically that the Bible can be used ONLY to show what the bible says and what Christianity says…
I think that is what I have done, but because it is not fitting for atheistic agenda, some people don’t seem to like it.
You omitted "It cannot be used to prove that a statement or story is true."

Thus, all you can claim is 'the Bible says so' -- and quoting the Bible is no more authoritative or proof of truth than quoting the Koran or the Book of Mormon (or Little Red Riding Hood).
Non-Theist

ANY of the thousands of "gods" proposed, imagined, worshiped, loved, feared, and/or fought over by humans MAY exist -- awaiting verifiable evidence