All the Chrildren of the World

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

SallyF
Guru

All the Chrildren of the World

Post #1

Post by SallyF »

Jesus loves the little children, all the children of the world.

I dutifully sang this during my weekly brainwashing sessions at Sunday school. (But not always with the image of an execution device in the background.)

But in later years, I discovered that Jesus' propagandists did not actually have him say that he loved all the children of the world.

Did the Gospel propagandists just forget to mention that Jesus loves all the children of the world …?

Were Jesus and his propagandists more interested in their quest for political power than they were about foreign kiddies …?

Have later Christians had to embellish and inflate the propaganda to make the Jesus character into what they WANT him to have been …?
"God" … just whatever humans imagine it to be.

"Scripture" … just whatever humans write it to be.

Clownboat
Savant

Post #51

Post by Clownboat »

ttruscott wrote:
Tcg wrote:If God is here, why are you defending him instead of allowing him to defend himself?
He proved HIMself to me and quite a few others...because you missed it does not prove it never happened.
For anyone reading this thread, please pay attention to the way Tart and ttruscott [strike]debate[/strike] type words.

Just look at Tart's replies. They don't address the questions posed and they are just religious proclimations being made.
Ttruscott seems to have invented a new Christianity (pre-conceived or whatever) to help the failed religion make sense where he has identified failures.

Are we seriously expected to find "he proved himself to me and quite a few others" to be meaningful? The most ridiculous groups out there could use the same argument. See flat earthers for example.

What we don't see is the help from any supernatural power guiding their words like I would expect if their words were coming from a supreme power.
You can give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day, or you can teach a man to pray for fish and he will starve to death.

I blame man for codifying those rules into a book which allowed superstitious people to perpetuate a barbaric practice. Rules that must be followed or face an invisible beings wrath. - KenRU

It is sad that in an age of freedom some people are enslaved by the nomads of old. - Marco

If you are unable to demonstrate that what you believe is true and you absolve yourself of the burden of proof, then what is the purpose of your arguments? - brunumb