Evidence for Creationism?

Creationism, Evolution, and other science issues

Moderator: Moderators

DanieltheDragon
Savant

Evidence for Creationism?

Post #1

Post by DanieltheDragon »

Taking evolution, Big Bang, and abiogenesis out of the equation. What is the evidence for creationism?

Can creationism stand on its own merit?
Post 1: Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:48 am Otseng has been banned
Otseng has been banned for having multiple accounts and impersonating a moderator.

theStudent
Guru

Re: Evidence for Creationism?

Post #11

Post by theStudent »

[Replying to post 10 by DanieltheDragon]
DanieltheDragon wrote:What evidence is observed by everyone?
What is being ignored?
How does the universe and all things in it give evidence of a creator?
See Post 7.
Let me know what exactly you don't understand.
DanieltheDragon wrote:How is the bible an empirical source about the creator?
Empirical evidence, also known as sense experience, is the knowledge or source of knowledge acquired by means of the senses, particularly by observation and experimentation.
Observation is the active acquisition of information from a primary source. In living beings, observation employs the senses. In science, observation can also involve the recording of data via the use of instruments.
An experiment is a procedure carried out to support, refute, or validate a hypothesis. Experiments provide insight into cause-and-effect by demonstrating what outcome occurs when a particular factor is manipulated. Experiments vary greatly in goal and scale, but always rely on repeatable procedure and logical analysis of the results. There also exist natural experimental studies.

A child may carry out basic experiments to understand gravity, while teams of scientists may take years of systematic investigation to advance their understanding of a phenomenon. Experiments and other types of hands-on activities are very important to student learning in the science classroom. Experiments can raise test scores and help a student become more engaged and interested in the material they are learning, especially when used over time. Experiments can vary from personal and informal natural comparisons (e.g. tasting a range of chocolates to find a favorite), to highly controlled (e.g. tests requiring complex apparatus overseen by many scientists that hope to discover information about subatomic particles). Uses of experiments vary considerably between the natural and human sciences.

The Bible has been proven time and again to present the truth - including that of God.
Its accuracy, reliability, trustworthiness, and beneficial effects all give evidence of this.
John 8:32
. . .the truth will set you free.

hoghead1
Guru

Post #12

Post by hoghead1 »

[Replying to post 9 by Talishi]

I'm inclined to agree with you.

DanieltheDragon
Savant

Post #13

[Replying to post 11 by theStudent]

Maybe I should be more specific.

What specifically about the universe is evidence of creation?

What specifically about the universe is evidence of creator?

What specifically about the universe is a sign of a intelligent agent causing creation?

What is specifically being ignored?

Your earlier post was rather vague on the details.

How is the bible accurate, trustworthy, and reliable?
Otseng has been banned for having multiple accounts and impersonating a moderator.

hoghead1
Guru

Post #14

Post by hoghead1 »

[Replying to theStudent]

How can the Bible be considered one-hundred-per-cent trustworthy when in point of fact it contains around 100 major contradictions? For example, 2 Sam. 21:19 says Elhanan killed Goliath of Gath. So who killed G9oliath? David? Elhanan? If your Bible states that Elhanan killed the "brother of" Goliath, that is an incorrect translation, a way of the translators could gloss over the contradiction. The original, Hebrew text simply says that Elhanan killed Goliath. And please don't give me the two Goliath theory, which some self-appointed apologists use. Let's turn to the Genesis account. There are two contradictory accounts here. Gen. 1 says first animals, then man and woman together. Gen. 2 says first man, then animals, then woman. These two accounts are in two very different literary styles, with probably Gen. 2 being the oldest. Also, the biblical cosmology, with its geocentric POV and flat earth, is hardly accurate science. Also which Bible do you have in mind? Catholic, which includes the Apocrypha, or traditional Protestant Bible, which doesn't?

Delphi
Apprentice

Post #15

Post by Delphi »

theStudent wrote: The Bible has been proven time and again to present the truth - including that of God.
Its accuracy, reliability, trustworthiness, and beneficial effects all give evidence of this.
What is the reliable, trustworthy, accurate evidence for creationism that the OP has repeatedly asked?

I would like to know the evidence of creation.

theStudent
Guru

Post #16

Post by theStudent »

[Replying to post 13 by DanieltheDragon]
DanieltheDragon wrote:Maybe I should be more specific.

What specifically about the universe is a sign of a intelligent agent causing creation?

I used a very basic, and elementary example to make my point for what gives evidence of a creator.
Perhaps it may be easier to understand what specifically you are asking for, if you explain to me what you understand and what you don't understand.
Also if you refused to read the scriptures, that might explain why you don't understand.
If you don't have a Bible at home, you can find the scriptures online.
If you don't want to read the scriptures, then I can't help you with that problem.

There is additional information [here], and [in this incomplete one] in my Member Notes.
DanieltheDragon wrote:How is the bible accurate, trustworthy, and reliable?
Pleas see [this link] also in my Member Notes.

http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... m.php?f=72
John 8:32
. . .the truth will set you free.

DanieltheDragon
Savant

Post #17

[Replying to post 16 by theStudent]
I used a very basic, and elementary example to make my point for what gives evidence of a creator.
You presented an illustration and used it as an analogy in the for of an apologetic argument for a creator.

If we roll with your analogy, the evidence of it being illustrated is the manipulation of materials. The pigment consists of various minerals mixed together. The papyrus itself is woven fibers. The instrument that applied the pigments left indentations on the woven fibers.

I am looking for the evidence not the argument. So like the above is an example of how we know the illustration is designed, what evidence supports the idea that the universe is designed?

DanieltheDragon
Savant

Post #18

[Replying to post 16 by theStudent]
Also if you refused to read the scriptures, that might explain why you don't understand.
If you don't have a Bible at home, you can find the scriptures online.
If you don't want to read the scriptures, then I can't help you with that problem.
Are you suggesting that a creator is not independently attestable outside the bible?

Kenisaw
Guru

Post #19

Post by Kenisaw »

theStudent wrote:

The Bible has been proven time and again to present the truth - including that of God.
In 1 Kings 7 and again in 2 Chronicles 4 it states that the ratio of the circumference of something circular to the diameter of that same circle is 3. As pi = 3.14, this is not truth. It is also not accurate, reliable, trustworthy, and certainly not beneficial.

Show that you can build a circular object with pi=3, or admit that the word of your god is wrong...

Kenisaw
Guru

Post #20

Post by Kenisaw »

theStudent wrote: [Replying to post 13 by DanieltheDragon]
DanieltheDragon wrote:Maybe I should be more specific.

No you didn't actually. You showed an example of something man-made. We know it is man-made (or, at the very least, man has the ability to make it AND man has made things like it). We also know man exists. We also know man can create. None of this is disputed or in doubt, by either atheist or cultist.

The OP does not ask for something comparable. It asks for evidence that the universe was created. You have not presented evidence that any god creature exists. Once you do that, you must then present evidence that this god creature actually created the universe, because if a god creature exists doesn't automatically mean it created anything. For all you know it exists and the universe still happened another way, unrelated to the god creature.