Armageddon is over and Satan has won ! What happens now ?

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Regens Küchl
Scholar

Armageddon is over and Satan has won ! What happens now ?

Post #1

Post by Regens Küchl »

Imagine this: Satan and the Antichrist, against all expectations, have triumphed over the Abrahamitic god, Jesus and the Holy Spirit in the last Battle of Armageddon :)
Our Trinity is not neccessarily dead, but ruined and toppled from its place of Power.
:shock:
How do the Abrahamitic god, Jesus and the Holy Spirit feel now, that the unthinkable happened?
:?
What will Satan and the Antichrist do now that their greatest triumph is accomplished?

What will their minions do and what will the other humans still on earth do?

What will the surviving angels and demons do?

And what happens to the "true christians" that descended to heaven on the first day of tribulation? Will they be kicked out now that evil has won?

Raptured Spleen
Student

Post #11

Post by Raptured Spleen »

McCulloch wrote: ...Take, for example, two beings, one with an enemy that takes 50 years to vanquish and another with an enemy who is vanquished in a nanosecond. Which is the greater being, if that was the only difference between them?
Might this be more a question of the strengths and weaknesses of the enemies, than of the levels of greatness held by the beings who conquered them?
[center]Image[/center]

Raptured Spleen
Student

Post #12

I mean: that it took 50 years for X-being to vanquish W-enemy, while Z-being crushed Y-enemy in a nanosecond, doesn't necessarily provide any insight as to how long it would have taken for Z-being to wipe out W-enemy...
[center]Image[/center]

Wootah
Savant

Post #13

Post by Wootah »

Goat wrote:
Wootah wrote:Both great posts that touch on mercy perfectly. You can recognise that God should defeat his enemies but doesn't.
And in doing so, causes so much more misery for everyone else. So much for mercy
Huh?

Goat
Site Supporter

Post #14

Post by Goat »

Wootah wrote:
Goat wrote:
Wootah wrote:Both great posts that touch on mercy perfectly. You can recognise that God should defeat his enemies but doesn't.
And in doing so, causes so much more misery for everyone else. So much for mercy
Huh?
According to many Christians, Satan is the source of much misery.

Because God refuses to stop that, yet alledgedly has the power to, and God also made Satan, then God's mercy to Satan is the cause of much misery to humanity
“What do you think science is? There is nothing magical about science. It is simply a systematic way for carefully and thoroughly observing nature and using consistent logic to evaluate results. So which part of that exactly do you disagree with? Do you disagree with being thorough? Using careful observation? Being systematic? Or using consistent logic?�

Steven Novella

btj92
Student

Post #15

Post by btj92 »

Satan is the source of some misery but not all misery. We as humans are finite beings much like Satan who are capable of rebellion and thus we cause ourselves misery as well.

Raptured Spleen
Student

Post #16

Wootah wrote: Huh?
Just one of many EG's, but try to imagine how much misery could have been averted, had your God not exercised HIS mercy on Hitler for quite so long.
[center]Image[/center]

Goat
Site Supporter

Post #17

Post by Goat »

btj92 wrote:Satan is the source of some misery but not all misery. We as humans are finite beings much like Satan who are capable of rebellion and thus we cause ourselves misery as well.
Yet, if any misery is caused by Satan, and God had the ability to stop that, and didn't.. then... that misery can be attributed to God, through his creation of Satan..

If you accept the concept of God and Satan that is
“What do you think science is? There is nothing magical about science. It is simply a systematic way for carefully and thoroughly observing nature and using consistent logic to evaluate results. So which part of that exactly do you disagree with? Do you disagree with being thorough? Using careful observation? Being systematic? Or using consistent logic?�

Steven Novella

Raptured Spleen
Student

Post #18

And when allowing one man to exercise his own 'free will' becomes synonymous with a tacit allowance of genocide (I.E. the forced suppression of the free wills of millions of people), one wonders as to the justness (to say nothing of the mercifulness) of any God who'd allow such things to transpire in the first place.
[center]Image[/center]

Wootah
Savant

Post #19

Post by Wootah »

Goat wrote:According to many Christians, Satan is the source of much misery.

Because God refuses to stop that, yet alledgedly has the power to, and God also made Satan, then God's mercy to Satan is the cause of much misery to humanity
The wages of sin is death. We should have been stopped at the first sin and the misery began there. The misery is a direct consequence of God cursing man after the fall.

'Aha God is evil!!'

Actually since God should have given us death then and there, the curse was merciful. We all have the chance to choose life or death today as a result.

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #20

Post by JoeyKnothead »

From Post 18:
Wootah wrote: The wages of sin is death. We should have been stopped at the first sin and the misery began there.
"Y'all don't do that which I've given you no comprehension of, or I'ma gonna kill ya right then and there."

"Well dangititall if ya didn't go ahead and do it."

"That's fine, I'll just punish each and every dadgum one of you're decendents about it."
Wootah wrote: The misery is a direct consequence of God cursing man after the fall.
The "misery" is that this being of proposed omniscience and "love" would punish to the nth generation the stuff the first'n there fouled up on.
Wootah wrote: 'Aha God is evil!!'
I propose we can't figure that'n out, but we can lay significant odds on that god's worshipers doing a bunch of it themselves.
Wootah wrote: Actually since God should have given us death then and there, the curse was merciful.
I pity this statement.
Wootah wrote: We all have the chance to choose life or death today as a result.
While the contention may be supportable in its presented form, I challenge anyone to show such choice is the result of a god offering it up.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin