You Don't Need to Believe in the Trinity to be Saved?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

2timothy316
Under Probation

You Don't Need to Believe in the Trinity to be Saved?

Post #1

Post by 2timothy316 »

The Tanager wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:28 pm
2timothy316 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:40 pm"Correct view" you say. Clear this up for me. You mean one must believe in the basic belief of the trinity to be saved right?
No, I’m saying the complete opposite. I’m explicitly saying one doesn’t have to have the correct/true view of God’s nature (trinitarian or not) to be saved. I’m saying one can be wrong about the trinity and still be saved.
Is this true? One doesn't have to believe in the trinity to be saved?

Capbook
Apprentice

Re: You Don't Need to Believe in the Trinity to be Saved?

Post #31

Post by Capbook »

2timothy316 wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 10:36 am
Capbook wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 4:55 am
2timothy316 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:32 pm
2timothy316 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:40 pm"Correct view" you say. Clear this up for me. You mean one must believe in the basic belief of the trinity to be saved right?
No, I’m saying the complete opposite. I’m explicitly saying one doesn’t have to have the correct/true view of God’s nature (trinitarian or not) to be saved. I’m saying one can be wrong about the trinity and still be saved.
Ephesians 2:8-10
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.(NKJV)

We are save by the grace of God through faith, and we do good works because we are already saved by God's grace thru faith.
Doing good works in Mat 28:19. (the Trinity concept) is the result of being saved and not to be save.
Notice the word "name" in the verse is in singular form. One God in three person.
Matthew 28:19
Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,(NKJV)
"He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God." - John 3:18 (KJV)

If a person doesn't believe that Jesus is God isn't that person condemned?
If a person isn't condemned because they don't believe Jesus is God, then why is the trinity important if being saved doesn't depend on believing Jesus is God?
As salvation is God's grace through faith.
A person that doesn't believe that Jesus is God is he condemned or not? I am not a judge, God is. But understanding of your quoted verse specially the last phrase "Son of God" notice capital S.
If good works is the result of being saved, working on the great commission (Mat 28:19) also is the result of being saved, I believe.

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #32

Post by 2timothy316 »

Capbook wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 2:32 am
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.(NKJV)

We are save by the grace of God through faith, and we do good works because we are already saved by God's grace thru faith.
Doing good works in Mat 28:19. (the Trinity concept) is the result of being saved and not to be save.
Notice the word "name" in the verse is in singular form. One God in three person.
Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,(NKJV)
"He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God." - John 3:18 (KJV)

If a person isn't condemned because they don't believe Jesus is God, then why is the trinity important if being saved doesn't depend on believing Jesus is God?
A person that doesn't believe that Jesus is God is he condemned or not? I am not a judge, God is. But understanding of your quoted verse specially the last phrase "Son of God" notice capital S.
If good works is the result of being saved, working on the great commission (Mat 28:19) also is the result of being saved, I believe.
So, there are two ways to be saved, grace and works, but believing Jesus is God isn't one of them? Also, you didn't address why the trinity was important.

Capbook
Apprentice

Post #33

Post by Capbook »

2timothy316 wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 1:33 am

So, there are two ways to be saved, grace and works, but believing Jesus is God isn't one of them? Also, you didn't address why the trinity was important.
By grace of God we are save through faith.
Good works is the result that we are saved. Eph 2:8-10.
Working the command in Mat 28:19 where (Trinity concept) is also the result of being saved.
I believe the belief of Trinity is also important not to be save, but being already saved.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #34

Post by onewithhim »

Capbook wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 2:25 am

Working the command in Mat 28:19 where (Trinity concept) is also the result of being saved.
I believe the belief of Trinity is also important not to be save, but being already saved.
I believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the living God, and that he died for our sins and was resurrected on the third day. So I am saved. Right? I am saved but I don't believe in the Trinity. (And Matthew 28:19 doesn't live up to what the Trinity means....it doesn't say that all those three are equal.) So you really would say that I'm not saved? But I believe. (John 3:16)

Capbook
Apprentice

Post #35

Post by Capbook »

onewithhim wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 3:24 pm
Capbook wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 2:25 am

I believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the living God, and that he died for our sins and was resurrected on the third day. So I am saved. Right? I am saved but I don't believe in the Trinity. (And Matthew 28:19 doesn't live up to what the Trinity means....it doesn't say that all those three are equal.) So you really would say that I'm not saved? But I believe. (John 3:16)
Matthew 28:19, mentions the three in singular "name". Solid proof of Trinity concept.
I am not a judge, God is regarding our salvation.