What dose the bible say about Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Dr. Zakir Naik
Student

What dose the bible say about Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)

Post #1

Post by Dr. Zakir Naik »

My question is, that what dose the bible prophecise about the comming of Prophet Muhammad(SAWM)?

1John2_26
Guru

Post #41

Post by 1John2_26 »

What dose the bible say about Prophet Muhammad?

Nothing.

I wonder what would happen to Islam if people did not have to be afraid of being killed by Muslims for doubting that Islam is true about anything?

Muslim's say things about Muhammad. Because, Muhammad is the prophet of Allah and Allah is the god that said Mohammad is the prohpet.

Joseph Smith of Momonism is a later prophet than Mohammad. Ther Mormons say that "the prophet" spoken of in the NT was Joseph Smith.

I can't wait til Islam tries to take over Utah with bombs and AK-47's. Utah houses military weapons in vast amounts.

Jesus said that the Holy Sprit would testify of Him. Not some prophet coming at a later date and killing people to spread religion.

Muhammad's secretaries wrote down that Muhammad told them that Jesus was not crucified.*

Muhammad's angel Gabriel got some things wrong from the time he talked with Mary to when he talked with Muhammad.

And if righting the world's religious wrongs was an angelic task . . . why wouldn't Michael have been sent to Muhammad? I'm just asking. Please, I don't want to be targeted for execution.

But when faced with having your head cut off by an edict from an Imam or faced with arguing with a missionary on a bicycle riding around town sent out by the LDS . . . it makes accepting the Muhammad story a bit easier.

Then again, the Latter Day Saints have a Jesus that was the brother of Lucifer before being born. And the way in which Jesus was conceived in Mormonism is to abominble to discuss even with Muslims.

But anyway . . .

http://www.summit.org/resource/essay/sh ... f84a47b303

Islamic Denials: Jesus’s Death, Atonement and Resurrection. In sharp contrast, Muslims deny that Jesus is God come in human form (the incarnation), that he died upon a cross an atoning sacrifice for sin, and that he was resurrected on the third day. While the following passage contains some ambiguities (e.g. whether it denies that the Jews were those who killed Jesus or whether Jesus did not die upon the cross[21]), many Muslims believe it denies that Jesus was crucified at all.

That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah" — but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not — nay, Allah raised him up unto Himself. (Qur’an 4:157-158; cf. 3:54)

The ramifications of this denial are devastating to any claim to be a continuation of the Christian faith in any meaningful sense. Not only does this deny the death of Christ upon a cross, but it would be a denial of Jesus’s atoning work as well. In addition, if Jesus never died, then there would be no resurrection from the dead. And anyone familiar with the Christian faith recognizes that if Jesus was not resurrected from the dead, then there is no gospel, there is no hope, and the Christian faith is nothing but a fraud. As the apostle Paul declared,

And if Christ has not been raised, our preaching is useless and so is your faith. More than that, we are then found to be false witnesses about God, for we have testified about God that he raised Christ from the dead. But he did not raise him if in fact the dead are not raised. For if the dead are not raised, then Christ has not been raised either. And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins. (1 Corinthians 15:14-17)

Dr. Zakir Naik
Student

Post #42

Post by Dr. Zakir Naik »

Tilia wrote:
Dr. Zakir Naik wrote:

Point # 2:
So the Bible says that a/the prophet/Prophet is to be one of the Israelites' brothers.
WHERE DOSE THE BIBLE SAY THIS?!?
In the verse you quoted, twice. Can you not even read properly, 'Doctor'?

Now do you have any sensible claims for prophecy of Muhammad in the Bible? That is the thread topic, is it not? Why don't you get and stay on topic; or would that cramp your style beyond endurance?

If not, why don't you stop insulting the intelligence of people here, and take up a more socially acceptable pastime?
'I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and I will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.'

This, Duet, 18:18. Where dose it say "Israelites' brothers?"

I'm not a doctor, you assumed it.

Perhaps you're really fast at reading, and assumend 'their brethren' to 'israelites brothers'. oh wow Excelent! I really appriciate that!

Dr. Zakir Naik
Student

Post #43

Post by Dr. Zakir Naik »

HughDP wrote: I disagree. I saw nothing more logical or illogical about one reply over another - merely different interpretations. Get a devout scholarly Christian and a devout scholarly Muslim to debate these issues and the chance of agreement is very, very slim indeed. Both will believe they're right and both will believe their views represent some ultimate truth.
You should have made an honest opinion.
This smacks of arrogance to me. Your making out that somehow only you and other Muslims have the intelligence to cut through media hype and ascertain things for themselves.
My english is very bad. Perhaps this is why I could not understand what you wrote.

Islam is without doubt the best religion
In your opinion.
You prove it wrong then?

but the media is in the hands of the westerners who are afraid of Islam. The media is continuously broadcasting and printing information against Islam. They either provide misinformation about Islam, misquote Islam or project a point out of proportion, if any.
Well personally I have no fear of Islam nor any other religion.

I can see that, and I can see the posts made in this forum against Islam speaking how much they are not afraid of it.
When any bomb blasts take place anywhere, the first people to be accused without proof are invariably the Muslims. This appears as headlines in the news. Later, when they find that non-Muslims were responsible, it appears as insignificant news’ item.
You don't have to tell me that. I don't blame the Islamic faith for terrorist acts commited either in its name or by its practicioners. I blame individuals, whatever their faith or culture.
Where did you take a 100 person sample test to blame the individuals?!? THE MEDIA IS THE ONLY SOURCE!!
Inspite of all the black sheep in the Muslim community, Muslims taken on the whole, yet form the best community in the world. We are the biggest community of tee-tattlers as a whole, i.e. those who don’t imbibe alcohol. Collectively, we are a community which gives the maximum charity in the world. There is not a single person in the world who can even show a candle to the Muslims where modesty is concerned; where sobriety is concerned; where human values and ethics are concerned.
I disagree.
My job, is not to 'make you agree.' It is only to let you know of the truth. You agree or not, its your personal view. You'll be questioned about it, I won't be. And its a universal fact, you cannot close your eyes from it.

If you want to judge ...
I don't want to 'judge' Islam at all. It simply 'is' as far as I'm concerned. I'm happy to debate issues where I'm able to (for the purposes of learning or interest) but I don't want to 'judge' it.
By judging, I did not mean the typical 'judging' meaning which westrn girls usually get. "Oh don't judge me!", "Oh, I don't want to be judged" etc.

By judging, I too meant 'learning', which you have stated.
If you practically want to check how good a car is put an expert driver behind the steering wheel. Similarly the best and the most exemplary follower of Islam by whom you can check how good Islam is, is the last and final messenger of God, Prophet Muhammad (pbuh). Besides Muslims, there are several honest and unbiased non-Muslim historians who have acclaimed that prophet Muhammad was the best human being.
I'm sure there are several honest and unbiased non-Christian historians who have acclaimed that Jesus was the best human being too.
Yea? So I agree with that? A muslim is not a muslim if he dosen't say so? I can rather call him a PERFECT man. Now?
According to Michael H. Hart ...
So?
This was an example in case you would not have agreed to the last point.
But if I don't believe in God, I can't believe in 'The Word of God' can I?
So why don't you come to the point. I've talked with sevral athest, sevral christian scholars, sevral hindu scholars... I'm alhamdulilah yet young to write a complete book in proving the existance of Allah, I'm just 19. I hope I can understand you too. If you don't feel offended by it.
I think I can make my own mind up whether or not a source has some particular stance on or agenda relating to its subject matter.
The way you've already made of Islam?

Dr. Zakir Naik
Student

Post #44

Post by Dr. Zakir Naik »

Tilia wrote:
Dr. Zakir Naik wrote:
do you think people who are following bible have a brain damage?
I think that anyone who reckons the Bible is riddled with errors and even immoralities, but then tries to prove that Mumammad is prophesied in it, either needs urgent brain surgery, or deserves beating to death.
We agree that bible was a divine revelation from Allah, but this, the current version is not the bible!!

A human can interpret words like 'eat sh*it' etc. But a human cannot add prophecies! That is my point.

Tilia
Guru

Post #45

Post by Tilia »

Dr. Zakir Naik wrote:
Tilia wrote:
Dr. Zakir Naik wrote:

Point # 2:
So the Bible says that a/the prophet/Prophet is to be one of the Israelites' brothers.
WHERE DOSE THE BIBLE SAY THIS?!?
In the verse you quoted, twice. Can you not even read properly, 'Doctor'?

Now do you have any sensible claims for prophecy of Muhammad in the Bible? That is the thread topic, is it not? Why don't you get and stay on topic; or would that cramp your style beyond endurance?

If not, why don't you stop insulting the intelligence of people here, and take up a more socially acceptable pastime?
'I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and I will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.'

This, Duet, 18:18. Where dose it say "Israelites' brothers?"
'"When you enter the land which the Lord your God gives you, you shall not learn to imitate the detestable things of those nations. There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, one who uses divination, one who practices witchcraft, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, or one who casts a spell, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. For whoever does these things is detestable to the Lord; and because of these detestable things the Lord your God will drive them out before you. You shall be blameless before the Lord your God. For those nations, which you shall dispossess, listen to those who practice witchcraft and to diviners, but as for you, the Lord your God has not allowed you to do so. The Lord your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among you, from your countrymen, you shall listen to him."' Deut 18:9-15 NASB
I'm not a doctor,
I didn't suppose that you were, despite your nick. And now that you show that you do not understand basic English usage, your proficiency seems even more unlikely...
you assumed it.
.. unless you're lying, of course.

About me, not about you, of course.

Dr. Zakir Naik
Student

Post #46

Post by Dr. Zakir Naik »

Tilia wrote:
Dr. Zakir Naik wrote:
I think that anyone who reckons the Bible is riddled with errors and even immoralities, but then tries to prove that Mumammad is prophesied in it, either needs urgent brain surgery, or deserves beating to death.
We agree that bible was a divine revelation from Allah, but this, the current version is not the bible!!

A human can interpret words like 'eat sh*it' etc. But a human cannot add prophecies! That is my point.

Tilia
Guru

Post #47

Post by Tilia »

Dr. Zakir Naik wrote:
Tilia wrote:
Dr. Zakir Naik wrote:
We agree that bible was a divine revelation from Allah, but this, the current version is not the bible!! A human can interpret words like 'eat sh*it' etc. But a human cannot add prophecies! That is my point.
But then Satan can. Who else, in your view, inspired ''eat sh*it' etc.'?

Dr. Zakir Naik
Student

Post #48

Post by Dr. Zakir Naik »

1John2_26 wrote:What dose the bible say about Prophet Muhammad?

Nothing.

I wonder what would happen to Islam if people did not have to be afraid of being killed by Muslims for doubting that Islam is true about anything?

Just pray to God to take you to the right way, don't ask him to make you a Muslim, ask him to guide you to the right path, which ever it is.

Muslim's say things about Muhammad. Because, Muhammad is the prophet of Allah and Allah is the god that said Mohammad is the prohpet.
If you cannot believe it so easily, why would 900,000,000 people believe it so easily?

I can't wait til Islam tries to take over Utah with bombs and AK-47's. Utah houses military weapons in vast amounts.
You prove to me that Islam teaches terrorism.
Jesus said that the Holy Sprit would testify of Him. Not some prophet coming at a later date and killing people to spread religion.
This is a lie. Islam was not spread by sword.

The best reply to the misconception that Islam was spread by the sword is given by the noted historian De Lacy O’Leary in the book "Islam at the cross road" (Page 8):

"History makes it clear however, that the legend of fanatical Muslims sweeping through the world and forcing Islam at the point of the sword upon conquered races is one of the most fantastically absurd myth that historians have ever repeated."

Muslims ruled Spain for about 800 years. The Muslims in Spain never used the sword to force the people to convert. Later the Christian Crusaders came to Spain and wiped out the Muslims. There was not a single Muslim in Spain who could openly give the adhan, that is the call for prayers.

Muslims were the lords of Arabia for 1400 years. For a few years the British ruled, and for a few years the French ruled. Overall, the Muslims ruled Arabia for 1400 years. Yet today, there are 14 million Arabs who are Coptic Christians i.e. Christians since generations. If the Muslims had used the sword there would not have been a single Arab who would have remained a Christian.

Indonesia is a country that has the maximum number of Muslims in the world. The majority of people in Malaysia are Muslims. May one ask, "Which Muslim army went to Indonesia and Malaysia?"

Similarly, Islam has spread rapidly on the East Coast of Africa. One may again ask, if Islam was spread by the sword, "Which Muslim army went to the East Coast of Africa?"

The famous historian, Thomas Carlyle, in his book "Heroes and Hero worship", refers to this misconception about the spread of Islam: "The sword indeed, but where will you get your sword? Every new opinion, at its starting is precisely in a minority of one. In one man’s head alone. There it dwells as yet. One man alone of the whole world believes it, there is one man against all men. That he takes a sword and try to propagate with that, will do little for him. You must get your sword! On the whole, a thing will propagate itself as it can."

With which sword was Islam spread? Even if Muslims had it they could not use it to spread Islam because the Qur’an says in the following verse:

"Let there be no compulsion in religion:
Truth stands out clear from error"
[Al-Qur’an 2:256]

It is the sword of intellect. The sword that conquers the hearts and minds of people. The Qur’an says in Surah Nahl, chapter 16 verse 125:

"Invite (all) to the way of thy Lord
with wisdom and beautiful preaching;
and argue with them in ways that are
best and most gracious."
[Al-Qur’an 16:125]

An article in Reader’s Digest ‘Almanac’, year book 1986, gave the statistics of the increase of percentage of the major religions of the world in half a century from 1934 to 1984. This article also appeared in ‘The Plain Truth’ magazine. At the top was Islam, which increased by 235%, and Christianity had increased only by 47%. May one ask, which war took place in this century which converted millions of people to Islam?

Today the fastest growing religion in America is Islam. The fastest growing religion in Europe in Islam. Which sword is forcing people in the West to accept Islam in such large numbers?

Dr. Joseph Adam Pearson rightly says, "People who worry that nuclear weaponry will one day fall in the hands of the Arabs, fail to realize that the Islamic bomb has been dropped already, it fell the day MUHAMMED (pbuh) was born".

Dr. Zakir Naik
Student

Post #49

Post by Dr. Zakir Naik »

'"When you enter the land which the Lord your God gives you, you shall not learn to imitate the detestable things of those nations. There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, one who uses divination, one who practices witchcraft, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, or one who casts a spell, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. For whoever does these things is detestable to the Lord; and because of these detestable things the Lord your God will drive them out before you. You shall be blameless before the Lord your God. For those nations, which you shall dispossess, listen to those who practice witchcraft and to diviners, but as for you, the Lord your God has not allowed you to do so. The Lord your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among you (you WHOL?) , from your countrymen, you shall listen to him."' Deut 18:9-15 NASB
Where dose this talk about Israelite brother? It clearly says a problem "LIKE ME", And jesus is NOT like Moses. Moses is more like Muhammad.
I'm not a doctor,
I didn't suppose that you were, despite your nick. And now that you show that you do not understand basic English usage, your proficiency seems even more unlikely...
I'm not a doctor, where did I say I'm a doctor? Where did I say that? My name isen't Zakir Naik, where did I say that my Name is Dr. Zakir Naik? It asked me to enter a LogIn, I wrote that, that's not lying technically.

Understanding English isen't a skill. I'm rather interested much more in learning Arabic.
you assumed it.
.. unless you're lying, of course.

About me, not about you, of course.[/quote]

Irrelivent.

1John2_26
Guru

Post #50

Post by 1John2_26 »

Islam is growing in headline news and that is it. If peace and free speech were allowed in Islamic countries the religion would dwindle rapidly. But the literal sword of Allah (the AK-47) keeps the populations choosing life and keeping silent.

Dr. Zakir Naik wrote:
Quote:
Beating people to death? Islam not the Gospel.
The Bible is revelation from the Israelite God YHWH. Allah was a desert god with I believe two wives. One was allat? Mecca left records after their annhilation at the hands of jihadists.
But Muhammad did just that. He was usurped by Charles Taze Russel of the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society; and before Russel; Joseph Smith heard from "God" through and angel and started the Latter Day Saints. And of course there are the Bahai's.

Why do the Muslim's get to be the last of the last of the last? Maybe the Bible's prophet-come-lately was Smith or Russel. Then again, we do have David Koresh. He was even more recent a "Prophet." And, he liked guns.

The Qur'an is just another version of the Bible that got things wrong by cafeteria theology like JW's and Mormons. But at least it is "the religion of peace."
Last edited by 1John2_26 on Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.