Are we living in the last days?

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

otseng
Savant

Post #1

Post by otseng »

JehovahsWitness wrote: From speaking with my brothers and sister, far from undermining our faith and causing confusion, the impact of coronavirus only serves to strengthen our conviction we are living in the last days and our resolve to preach the good news of the kingdom before the Lord tells us the work is complete.
For debate:

Capbook
Apprentice

Re: Are we living in the last days?

Post #541

Post by Capbook »

TRANSPONDER wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 8:39 am [Replying to Capbook in post #539]

Yes. O:) but this is a debate forum, not a preaching forum.

It is not set here for true believers to witness or for unbelievers to say we don't believe it, but to discuss why we believe or do not.

I say I do not believe in the last Days, because (a) there is no mechanism for the earth going phut any time soon, but also fool me once practice.. it hasn't come around with the hundreds of predictions. You don't fool me twice, even if Believers are willing to be fooled endlessly. Because the more they are cheated by false prophets, the more they think they are virtue - signalling. Victimised martyrs, tested in their faith by God.
It is a perfect system for scamming the suckers, especially those who dearly want to be fooled.

Yes, yes, folks. I think second only to televangelists do I hate loathe and detest prophets of doomesday.
Thread says: Are we living in the last days.
I believe yes, as the Bible mentions it.
Science' pioneers were believers of God and I believe they accepted writings in the Bible.
It is just some scientists beliefs of truth which is not a scientific idea.

TRANSPONDER
Savant

Re: Are we living in the last days?

Post #542

Post by TRANSPONDER »

Capbook wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 1:46 am
TRANSPONDER wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 8:39 am [Replying to Capbook in post #539]

Yes. O:) but this is a debate forum, not a preaching forum.

It is not set here for true believers to witness or for unbelievers to say we don't believe it, but to discuss why we believe or do not.

I say I do not believe in the last Days, because (a) there is no mechanism for the earth going phut any time soon, but also fool me once practice.. it hasn't come around with the hundreds of predictions. You don't fool me twice, even if Believers are willing to be fooled endlessly. Because the more they are cheated by false prophets, the more they think they are virtue - signalling. Victimised martyrs, tested in their faith by God.
It is a perfect system for scamming the suckers, especially those who dearly want to be fooled.

Yes, yes, folks. I think second only to televangelists do I hate loathe and detest prophets of doomesday.
Thread says: Are we living in the last days.
I believe yes, as the Bible mentions it.
Science' pioneers were believers of God and I believe they accepted writings in the Bible.
It is just some scientists beliefs of truth which is not a scientific idea.
The Biblical mention of the Last Days were supposed to happen while some (supposedly) present were still alive. We have been told it is coming soon ever since then. And science pioneers did indeed believe they were demonstrating the work of God, but what they ended up demonstrating were the works of nature. Without any trace of a god (name your own) being involved.