Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

JoeMama
Apprentice

What If There Had Been No Resurrection?

Post #1

Post by JoeMama »

Christians,

How would your life change if you were to learn that the resurrection of Jesus never occurred?

boatsnguitars
Banned
Banned

Re: What If There Had Been No Resurrection?

Post #81

Post by boatsnguitars »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 10:36 am
Waterfall wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 9:43 am
As for calling my God a "two headed god - Jehovah" if that was meant as an insult

My God does not have two heads, I find it insulting to have Him thus misrepresented. Are you now going to invalidate my feelings? What you said makes your videos and books LESS appealing to me.

Has your book taught you to express yourself with kindness?
He doesn't have any heads, does he? Or, maybe he does have two-heads - how would we know? Can you confirm he only has one head or more than two heads - and not two heads specifically?

As for you being insulted: why? What is it to you that someone says your god has two heads, a big nose, etc? How does that insult you? Is the belief in your God sacrosanct?
“And do you think that unto such as you
A maggot-minded, starved, fanatic crew
God gave a secret, and denied it me?
Well, well—what matters it? Believe that, too!”
― Omar Khayyâm

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #82

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Waterfall wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 9:22 am
I am not saying that the person that survive the death of the human body do not have a spirit body = live on with a spirit body in a spirit world.
You may not be saying that but I am. I dont believe any part of a human survives his death to "live on"
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #83

Waterfall wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 10:21 am Why do you not want to comment on post 2 in this thread...

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=40489

I did comment on the post. My comment was :

There is nothing on that thread I have not seen before. And nothing on this webite regarding biblical contradictions I haven't refuted many times over.

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

Waterfall
Scholar

Post #84

Post by Waterfall »

Namaskaram JW
JehovahsWitness wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:40 am
Waterfall wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:19 am ... tell me why you think it is not just fantasy that Noah lived for 950 years.
Because I believe in an omnipotent God that can make anything happen if he wants.
That is just great - everybody will be saved because God can do anything that He/She wants - what a great spiritual Father/Mother we have...

https://www.toward-the-light.net/The%20 ... 0Road.html

Great book...

Your friend forever

Waterfall
Love is the salt of life. It takes a moment to understand and eternity to live.

Carsten Ploug Olsen

Athetotheist
Prodigy

Post #85

Post by Athetotheist »

[Replying to JehovahsWitness in post #73
There is nothing on that thread I have not seen before. And nothing on this webite regarding biblical contradictions I haven't refuted many times over.
Then why was I left hanging at the end of this discussion?

viewtopic.php?t=6580

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #86

Waterfall wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 9:22 am ..Why do you not want to live on in a spirit world like Jesus? ...
I don't.

Waterfall wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 9:22 am ..And why do you not want to be reincarnated in a muslim family? ...

I wouldn't mind being reincarnated but I dont believe in reincarnation. I don't see the point in wanting the impossible.

Waterfall wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 9:22 am ..Someone has to be born there, why not you? ...
Nobody gets to choose the circumstances of our birth.
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Wed Jun 21, 2023 11:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #87

Waterfall wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 10:56 am ...everybody will be saved because God can do anything that He/She wants...
No, I don't believe everyone will be saved because God doesn't want to force people to obey him but only the obedient will live forever.

The biblemindicates Gods chosen pronouns are He/ Him

TRANSPONDER
Savant

Post #88

Post by TRANSPONDER »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 10:52 am
Waterfall wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 10:21 am Why do you not want to comment on post 2 in this thread...

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=40489

I did comment on the post. My comment was :

You may tell yourself that in hopes, maybe that the Bible critics will give up and go away. :) We will not give up and go away. We will keep debunking Bible claims no matter how often you may tell yourself that you have debunked the debunks. You have not, as anyone not a denialist Bible believer will understand if they have read the debates on the forum.
Last edited by TRANSPONDER on Wed Jun 21, 2023 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TRANSPONDER
Savant

Post #89

Post by TRANSPONDER »

[Replying to Waterfall in post #84]

I enjoyed that talk a lot more than I expected. Thought provoking. Way off topic, mind. And like a lot of philosophy, not considering whether science can tell us more about our human abilities than we may suppose. But yes, it is unsound to suppose a miracle or a god where we don't yet understand. When we do, it becomes nature and science. We move from animal instinct to human reason and maybe the 'divine' of the most advanced thought we can do. We know and we don't; we know how the world works well enough to see that a god is not needed, but there is still a lot left to know. Everything, food, soil, fertilizer, is all the same, star - stuff. The necessary elements made by supernovae, or we wouldn't be here. Is that not a miracle? No...it is nature, but truly amazing.
Last edited by TRANSPONDER on Wed Jun 21, 2023 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Waterfall
Scholar

Post #90

Post by Waterfall »

Namaskaram JW
JehovahsWitness wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 10:47 am
Waterfall wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 9:22 am
I am not saying that the person that survive the death of the human body do not have a spirit body = live on with a spirit body in a spirit world.
You may not be saying that but I am. I dont believe any part of a human survives his death to "live on"
But you believe God separated him from his human body and gave him a spirit body. That is good enough for me. Do you not understand what you are saying? That Jesus lived on after his human body died? Why must we not live on in a spirit world? What is the problem with that? And why do you think reincarnation is impossible for God? Is God not omnipotent? Was Jesus against reincarnation? Did he know everything? Can there be justice without reincarnation? Why do you not want to reap as you sow? What are you afraid of? To be born in Africa and suffer hunger? Did you not deserve that? Have you been born in a Jehovahs Witness family? Why do you not want to learn everything there is to learn here on earth? What do you know about life? Shall we put children into the world? Do we have a choice? Can we live with the consequences? When do we become grownups and responsible...

Your friend forever

Waterfall
Love is the salt of life. It takes a moment to understand and eternity to live.

Carsten Ploug Olsen