Should the next president be a woman?

Two hot topics for the price of one

Moderator: Moderators

2Dbunk
Site Supporter

Should the next president be a woman?

Post #1

Post by 2Dbunk »

Quote by agnosticatheist in the Househusbands thread, post #13, Science and Religion. (I refer you there for a running brouhaha on the contradiction below:)

I believe that men and women are equal.

With that said...I think that generally, women still are not cut out for the workplace.

2Dbunk said in reply:

Are not those two sentences contradictory?

Former Prime Minister Thatcher and Germany's Angela Merkel are examples of what women are capable of achieving. I find it interesting that the next president of the USA may well be a woman. Carly Fiorina v. Hillary Clinton could well be the opposing candidates.
The question for debate: Is the United States ready to elect a woman as president? To avoid the running war of words in househusbands thread (Science and Religion), try to be objective, un-repetitive and less emotional. Statistics would be nice if available.

Daedalus X
Apprentice

Post #91

Post by Daedalus X »

Clownboat wrote:
2Dbunk wrote:
It will be interesting to see if misogynist Donald Trump tangles with another woman candidate in 2020. Will the Russians help him yet again? By all accounts they will help because Donald hasn’t put in place anything to keep that from happening, yet again! He keeps denying they helped in 2016, yet he minces with the ruskies like a puppy wanting to be petted, his belly rubbed by a faction who used to be considered the commie left, but is now the NEW Right – go figure if you can!

Please present evidence that shows this colucollusionh Russia. Obviously I do not follow politics enough. Thanks!
2Dbunk did not say anything about "colucollusionh". He only implied that Russians helped Trump. You can get the basic gist of it here - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_i ... net_trolls

2Dbunk
Site Supporter

Post #92

Post by 2Dbunk »

[Replying to post 89 by Clownboat]
2Dbunk wrote:

It will be interesting to see if misogynist Donald Trump tangles with another woman candidate in 2020. Will the Russians help him yet again? By all accounts they will help because Donald hasn’t put in place anything to keep that from happening, yet again! He keeps denying they helped in 2016, yet he minces with the ruskies like a puppy wanting to be petted, his belly rubbed by a faction who used to be considered the commie left, but is now the NEW Right – go figure if you can!

Please present evidence that shows this colucollusionh Russia. Obviously I do not follow politics enough. Thanks!
I refer you to the Mueller Report of this year. In Vol. I of the report there are numerous mentions of Russian assistance for Donald Trump's 2016 campaign -- some are ongoing investigations as attested by the numerous redactions. Vol. II goes into more detail about the interference, amounting to ten likely obstruction of justice issues that would have brought indictment to anyone in this country with the exception of the president who cannot be indicted other than through impeachment.

2Dbunk
Site Supporter

Post #93

Post by 2Dbunk »

[Replying to post 87 by Elijah John]
2Dbunk wrote:
He keeps denying they helped in 2016, yet he minces with the ruskies like a puppy wanting to be petted, his belly rubbed ...

Opinion noted. Is that all you got? Do you have any evidence to support this? I'm thinking "repeated, usubstantiated claim" here.
Too bad you truncated my quote of post 87 -- but I can understand why.

As I responded to Clownboat's post #89 above, I refer you to the Mueller Report, Volumes I & II.
I hope that is substantiation enough for you. If not, you should layoff their Koolaid for awhile.

As for your mention of voter I.D., the last three states I lived in in the past 48 years required a valid personal ID with picture. What state do you live in?
What good is truth if its value is not more than unproven, handed-down faith?

One believes things because one is conditioned to believe them. -Aldous Huxley

Fear within the Religious will always be with them ... as long as they are fearful of death.

Daedalus X
Apprentice

Post #94

Post by Daedalus X »

2Dbunk wrote: As for your mention of voter I.D., the last three states I lived in in the past 48 years required a valid personal ID with picture. What state do you live in?
Almost half the US population can vote with no ID required.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voter_ID_ ... ted_States

2Dbunk
Site Supporter

Post #95

Post by 2Dbunk »

[Replying to post 93 by Daedalus X]
Almost half the US population can vote with no ID required.
Ahem, make that 33% according to your own reference. That link also provides cogent info on supposed voter fraud.

Clownboat
Savant

Post #96

Post by Clownboat »

2Dbunk wrote: [Replying to post 89 by Clownboat]
2Dbunk wrote:

I refer you to the Mueller Report of this year. In Vol. I of the report there are numerous mentions of Russian assistance for Donald Trump's 2016 campaign -- some are ongoing investigations as attested by the numerous redactions. Vol. II goes into more detail about the interference, amounting to ten likely obstruction of justice issues that would have brought indictment to anyone in this country with the exception of the president who cannot be indicted other than through impeachment.
Is there evidence that Trump colluded with Russia or not?
I do not follow politics enough to know, (nor have I or do I plan to read the Mueller Report) so if there is, can you show it? I'm not interested in anyones (not accusing you by the way) empty rhetoric.
You can give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day, or you can teach a man to pray for fish and he will starve to death.

I blame man for codifying those rules into a book which allowed superstitious people to perpetuate a barbaric practice. Rules that must be followed or face an invisible beings wrath. - KenRU

It is sad that in an age of freedom some people are enslaved by the nomads of old. - Marco

If you are unable to demonstrate that what you believe is true and you absolve yourself of the burden of proof, then what is the purpose of your arguments? - brunumb

2Dbunk
Site Supporter

Post #97

Post by 2Dbunk »

[Replying to post 95 by Clownboat]
2Dbunk wrote:

[Replying to post 89 by Clownboat]

Quote:
2Dbunk wrote:

I do not follow politics enough to know, (nor have I or do I plan to read the Mueller Report) so if there is, can you show it? I'm not interested in anyones (not accusing you by the way) empty rhetoric.
No, there is no evidence Trump colluded with Russia or Putin. But there are ten instances that, if he were anyone else but the President, he would have been indicted for obstruction of justice. This is just as bad when he interfered, trying to put words in the mouths of witnesses (witness tampering); instructing others to lie (Manafort & Cohen); directing WH Counselor McGahn to fire Mueller; continually calling Mueller's efforts a witch hunt and generally throwing a monkey-wrench into the investigation in more ways than one.

But for its essence, you need to read the first 20 pages of both volumes. If you then have any doubts, then read more, to possibly vindicate your president in your eyes (if that is posible).

Fear within the Religious will always be with them ... as long as they are fearful of death.

Clownboat
Savant

Post #98

Post by Clownboat »

2Dbunk wrote:No, there is no evidence Trump colluded with Russia or Putin.

That is what I figured. If there was evidence of the claims leveled against the man, I would assume we would have been presented with it.
You can give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day, or you can teach a man to pray for fish and he will starve to death.

I blame man for codifying those rules into a book which allowed superstitious people to perpetuate a barbaric practice. Rules that must be followed or face an invisible beings wrath. - KenRU

It is sad that in an age of freedom some people are enslaved by the nomads of old. - Marco

If you are unable to demonstrate that what you believe is true and you absolve yourself of the burden of proof, then what is the purpose of your arguments? - brunumb

2Dbunk
Site Supporter

Post #99

Post by 2Dbunk »

[Replying to post 97 by Clownboat]
Quote:

2Dbunk wrote:
No, there is no evidence Trump colluded with Russia or Putin.
(CLOWNBOAT, YOU OMITTED THE REMAINDER OF THIS PARAGRAPH, WHICH IS THE INDICTMENT THAT WILL DOG TRUMP.)

That is what I figured. If there was evidence of the claims leveled against the man, I would assume we would have been presented with it.
I see that you are good at cherry picking. Omitting the remainder of the paragraph doesn't excuse you from reading at least salient parts of the Mueller Report. If you are that lazy, then why get involved in debate?
What good is truth if its value is not more than unproven, handed-down faith?

Daedalus X
Apprentice

Post #100

Post by Daedalus X »

2Dbunk wrote: If you are that lazy, then why get involved in debate?
I am that lazy! For the simple reason that if I read everything that was referenced on the Internet, I would not have time to do anything else. Another reason is that I don't know what I am looking for, I would read and ask myself "is this what he was talking about or is it something else?"

So instead of sending us all on a wild goose chase, just quote the parts that you are referring to. Don't leave us guessing about what is in your mind.