Prove me your god exists, but with a twist

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
Skeptic Anarchist
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:55 pm
Location: South America

Prove me your god exists, but with a twist

Post #1

Post by Skeptic Anarchist »

Just that: I don't want your God to exist. I think he would be a tyrant if he did. Now what are you going to do to prove me "his" existance?

Quemtal
Student
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2005 6:11 pm
Location: Australia

Post #2

Post by Quemtal »

Well, personally, I'm not going to do a whole to show you my God. You can't see anything with your eyes shut.

Have a nice day :D

Quemtal
Student
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2005 6:11 pm
Location: Australia

Post #3

Post by Quemtal »

Well, personally, I'm not going to do a whole to show you my God. You can't see anything with your eyes shut.

Have a nice day :D

User avatar
Skeptic Anarchist
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:55 pm
Location: South America

Post #4

Post by Skeptic Anarchist »

I don't have my eyes "shut", I just want a reason of why I should believe in the existance of something that I don't want to exist, especially considering that I have never seen much "evidence" of "His" existance.

jddlwlr
Student
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2004 4:31 pm

Post #5

Post by jddlwlr »

I think i know why you "dont want my God to exist" but i just want to hear why.

User avatar
keltzkroz
Apprentice
Posts: 218
Joined: Sun Dec 26, 2004 11:16 pm

Post #6

Post by keltzkroz »

Why should anyone believe in God's existence? You don't have to. That is a choice we all have. I heard about Him and His message, and I chose to believe.

Am I correct in assuming that you have heard about Him and His message? Assuming that you did, then you have the choice of doing what you want with what you have heard.

User avatar
Amadeus
Scholar
Posts: 356
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:37 pm
Location: Southern California

Post #7

Post by Amadeus »

This is not evidence, but here it goes. You may have heard this argument before.

If you don't believe in God, and it turns out that you are right, then you have lost nothing and gained nothing. BUT if it turns out that there really was a God, you have lost EVERYTHING.

So it is at least worth thinking about. Also, perhaps study what some Christians have to say about God's "tyrrany." The more one learns about God, the more they realize that He is not tyrranical at all.

Titan
Student
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 2:12 pm

Post #8

Post by Titan »

I don't have my eyes "shut", I just want a reason of why I should believe in the existance of something that I don't want to exist, especially considering that I have never seen much "evidence" of "His" existance.
Our logic should not be controlled by our emotions, blind ignorance gets us nowhere. There are many books on this subject, I was wondering whether you had read any. You see, you can't see evidence if you don't look for it.

I can't prove something to you if you don't want to believe anyway. It is like telling a small child not to run across the road without looking both ways. Whether they wanted to believe me (that the action was potentially dangerous) is not the case, because it's more than likely that something bad will happen.

That analogy isn't perfect but it gives the general idea.

User avatar
Nyril
Scholar
Posts: 431
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2004 1:21 pm

Post #9

Post by Nyril »

Amadeus wrote:This is not evidence, but here it goes. You may have heard this argument before.

If you don't believe in God, and it turns out that you are right, then you have lost nothing and gained nothing. BUT if it turns out that there really was a God, you have lost EVERYTHING.
Actually. What if god created all religions as a farce? Only those who figured out the joke and don't celebrate them go to heaven, and those who participate go to hell?

If it turns out I'm right you have lost EVERYTHING. It's something to think about.

User avatar
keltzkroz
Apprentice
Posts: 218
Joined: Sun Dec 26, 2004 11:16 pm

Post #10

Post by keltzkroz »

Nyril wrote: Actually. What if god created all religions as a farce? Only those who figured out the joke and don't celebrate them go to heaven, and those who participate go to hell?

If it turns out I'm right you have lost EVERYTHING. It's something to think about.
The 'what if' scenario you brought up assumes that God exists.

Post Reply