Is email notifications working/not working for you?

Feedback and site usage questions

Moderator: Moderators

otseng
Savant

Is email notifications working/not working for you?

Post #1

Post by otseng »

With the site move, one person has said that email notifications has stopped working for him. I was wondering if anybody else is experiencing this problem.
Last edited by otseng on Wed Feb 23, 2005 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

mrmufin
Scholar

No email notifications

Post #2

Post by mrmufin »

I have not gotten any email notifications since the domain move. I was without a home computer for a few days recently, but all systems are currently functioning and still, no email notifications.

Regards,
mrmufin

otseng
Savant

Post #3

Post by otseng »

I think I'm onto the trail of the culprit. It seems like there is a limit (perhaps 50?) of how many people the emailer can bcc to. So, users like me who make it into the first 50 will be getting email notifications. I had tried making some postfix setting changes, but it doesn't seem to have any effect.

I submitted a help ticket to try to resolve this issue.

ST88
Site Supporter

Post #4

Post by ST88 »

Recently -- (2/19) -- I was getting e-mail notifications from DC&R with the advisory note "SPAM" in the subject line. It's possible that some spam filters are now eliminating the notifications, erroneously reporting them as spam. It only happened on this one day for me. Now it's fine. This may be an issue with my ISP, but my experience is that many ISPs implement things at the same time, like they all get the same newsletter or something.

otseng
Savant

Post #5

Post by otseng »

I've made a change to the email settings. I also tried to send out a test email to everyone, and it seems like it got sent. So, I am hoping that this will fix the notifications. If anyone is not getting notifications now, please let me know and I'll look at it some more.

mrmufin
Scholar

Post #6

Post by mrmufin »

I think you've fixed it up properly, otseng. Once again, I'm getting email notifications. :D

Regards,
mrmufin