Is the prayer veiling commmanded in scripture?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Would someone who claimed the Bible was irreant need to believe in the prayer veiling to stay true to what they claim?

Yes
33%
No
67%
Not sure
No votes

Total votes: 3

scottlittlefield17
Site Supporter

Is the prayer veiling commmanded in scripture?

Post #1

Post by scottlittlefield17 »

I believe that the prayer veiling or covering as some call it is required in scripture for all Christian women. I would like to hear your reasons why you don't think so and I will try to address them.
But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven.
1Co 11:6 For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered.
The word covered there is the Greek word katakaluptō which according to Strongs means to
cover wholly, that is, veil: - cover, hide.
The Greek word for head means the
the part most readily taken hold of
i.e. the hair.

Benoni
Banned
Banned

Post #11

Post by Benoni »

Again we are not under the law be the law of Moses or the law of the NT; we are under grace.

scottlittlefield17
Site Supporter

Post #12

The definition of Grace?? As far as I can tell it is this.
For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
Tit 2:12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;
Tit 2:13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;
Tit 2:14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.
Tit 2:15 These things speak, and exhort, and rebuke with all authority. Let no man despise thee.
I think often Christains make God into a Santa Claus in the sky that is all jolly and will just give what you want and just wants you to be "good". Grace is NOT a license to sin. As Paul says,
What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
Rom 6:2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

Benoni
Banned
Banned

Post #13

Post by Benoni »

scottlittlefield17 wrote:The definition of Grace?? As far as I can tell it is this.
Tit 2:12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;
Tit 2:13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;
Tit 2:14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.
Tit 2:15 These things speak, and exhort, and rebuke with all authority. Let no man despise thee.
I think often Christains make God into a Santa Claus in the sky that is all jolly and will just give what you want and just wants you to be "good". Grace is NOT a license to sin. As Paul says,
Rom 6:2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?
No one is talking about Santa Claus here we are speaking about Jesus; and grace... NOT THE LAW.

scottlittlefield17
Site Supporter

Post #14

Define what you mean. Do you mean to say that to say to require obedience to that scripture would be legalism? And if so, why?

ChaosBorders
Site Supporter

Post #15

Post by ChaosBorders »

Benoni wrote:
scottlittlefield17 wrote:The definition of Grace?? As far as I can tell it is this.
No one is talking about Santa Claus here we are speaking about Jesus; and grace... NOT THE LAW.
I'm not sure what your point is. The head-covering thing is by the same guy who expounded the theology of not being under the law, so arguing we are not under the law does not seem applicable to this particular discussion.
Unless indicated otherwise what I say is opinion. (Kudos to Zzyzx for this signature).

“Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.� -Albert Einstein

The most dangerous ideas in a society are not the ones being argued, but the ones that are assumed.
- C.S. Lewis

Benoni
Banned
Banned

Post #16

Post by Benoni »

scottlittlefield17 wrote:Define what you mean. Do you mean to say that to say to require obedience to that scripture would be legalism? And if so, why?
Very much so. I am not under the law; I am under grace.

The law is for spiritual children who need a baby sitter, and that goes for any NT law you need to follow.

Wherefore the law was our school-master to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith." (Galatians 3:21-24).

A schoolmaster, (the Greek text gives, a child conductor), was one who held the child in restraint as they conducted the child from home to the school, making sure that there was no mischief along the way, and that the child arrived at the school. Then the child was given over to the care of the teacher, and the duty of the child conductor was ended. The child conductor did not stand in the back of the class room and continue to exercise control and authority over the child, for now the Teacher was in control, and there was to be no outside interference. So also, once we have been brought to Christ, and His anointing abides within us, we are to be led by the Spirit.

scottlittlefield17
Site Supporter

Post #17

What is grace? Is it not something that teaches us to say no to ungodliness and to live righteously?
The law is for spiritual children who need a baby sitter, and that goes for any NT law you need to follow.
What makes you not a child who needs a baby sitter?
Wherefore the law was our school-master to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith
What is faith?
What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?
Does that not show you that it takes obedience to be justified by faith?
So also, once we have been brought to Christ, and His anointing abides within us, we are to be led by the Spirit.
I agree but does the Spirit ever contradict Gods word? What reasons do you have to prove to me that being "led by the Spirit" will make it so obedience isn't required?
Joh 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.
Joh 14:21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
Heb 5:9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;
Obedience is required as the above verse show. Obedience is not the "law".
Mat 7:19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
What is that "fruit" it talks about? Their works, their works are their fruits plain and simple. Works and faith are not separable.
[/quote]

oldkjv
Student

Post #18

Post by oldkjv »

Ill take the bibles definition of covering over yours. I already explained why its talking about the length of the hair.

All I did was give you bible and all you did was you give your own thoughts.

Col 2:8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

scottlittlefield17
Site Supporter

Post #19

Ill take the bibles definition of covering over yours. I already explained why its talking about the length of the hair.

All I did was give you bible and all you did was you give your own thoughts.

Col 2:8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
I did not give you an explanation. I gave you bible, plain and simple. It is a biblical command plain and simple. Do you dismiss the difference in Greek wording just like that?

oldkjv
Student

Post #20

Post by oldkjv »

Sorry buddy if not one verse is bible than you got head on backwards.