Argue for and against religions and philosophies which are not Christian

Moderator: Moderators

haak123
Student

A very beautifull essay about how to be happy

Post #1

Post by haak123 »

Hi everybody,
I've read a beautifull essay about happiness and how to achive it.

this is the link and I'm sure that you'll get happy after reading and being convinced with what you've read

http://saaid.net/Anshatah/dawah/62.htm

Murad
Guru

Post #2

Post by Murad »

As-Salamu Alaykum Wa-Rahmat Allah

Its a good read; although next time post it in the Islam section because you have not presented a question for debate.
Do the people think that they will be left to say, "We believe" without being put to the test?
We have tested those before them, for GOD must distinguish those who are truthful, and He must expose the liars.

(Quran 29:2-3)

----
Why Jesus is NOT God
---

haak123
Student

Post #3

Post by haak123 »

Murad wrote:As-Salamu Alaykum Rahmat Allah

Its a good read; although next time post it in the Islam section because you have not presented a question for debate.
Wa Alaykum A-salam Wa Rahmat Allah Wa Barakatuh

ok, and thanks for telling me

Darias
Guru

Post #4

Post by Darias »

Assalamu alaikum.

Welcome to the forum haak123! :)

While no question is posited for debate, I do have a few commits.

I believe in Allah, and I am happy, but my happiness isn't entirely based upon that belief. I am fortunate to have been born in a loving home, with good parents. I am thankful for this despite the cruelty of the world and how many in it suffer.

There are many people around the world who are happy without belief. And I know of several who are/were unhappy even with their strong beliefs -- Mother Teresa being one such person.

I think that while everyone should have happiness in their lives, that happiness itself isn't the goal of theism. It isn't just to make us feel good; its ultimate purpose is to make us better people so that we can do good for other people, ultimately glorifying Allah.

Murad
Guru

Post #5

Post by Murad »

Wa Alaikum Assalam(And upon you be peace)
Darias wrote:It isn't just to make us feel good; its ultimate purpose is to make us better people so that we can do good for other people, ultimately glorifying Allah.
I always enjoy your posts & i share this exact perspective; loving one another is loving God.

I think an alternate word for 'happiness' is 'comfort' that can be applied in the context of the essay.
Do the people think that they will be left to say, "We believe" without being put to the test?
We have tested those before them, for GOD must distinguish those who are truthful, and He must expose the liars.

(Quran 29:2-3)

----
Why Jesus is NOT God
---

haak123
Student

Post #6

Post by haak123 »

firstly, I'm pleased to see you here in my topic.

you said in your reply that
Darias wrote:

There are many people around the world who are happy without belief. And I know of several who are/were unhappy even with their strong beliefs -- Mother Teresa being one such person.
you are true, there are some people who are happy without belief, but I think that their happiness is apparent and superficial, while from inside, they are sad and there a kind of spiritual emptiness.

RDCH
Student

Post #7

Post by RDCH »

Hello, welcome to the forums.

Formal analysis of the read:
It is well-written, divided into fitting paragraphs
The style of essay: Persuasive

Content analysis:
Ridiculous content. Completely biased from a muslim view.
I do not have much knowledge about the Qu'ran or teachings of Islam, but the text is full of dogmatic and even untrue statements.
I refrain from stating them here, as I would almost copy the entire text on the forum. But if you are willing to debate about it, I will happily create a topic for it.

Seeing that this essay's goal is to persuade atheists/people of other religions to convert to Islam, it greatly fails when being read by anyone with sufficient knowledge about religion in general. It only succeeds in affirming muslims views.
To top it all, only the positive aspects of Islam are stated, and the negative ones are turned into positive ones.
There is plenty of evidence which suggests also that the majority of muslims violate these rules.

PS: I am not any happier after reading it, I think only muslims who already believe in what is said in the essay are happy after reading, because it affirms their thoughts.

haak123
Student

Post #8

Post by haak123 »

RDCH wrote:Hello, welcome to the forums.

Formal analysis of the read:
It is well-written, divided into fitting paragraphs
The style of essay: Persuasive

Content analysis:
Ridiculous content. Completely biased from a muslim view.
I do not have much knowledge about the Qu'ran or teachings of Islam, but the text is full of dogmatic and even untrue statements.
I refrain from stating them here, as I would almost copy the entire text on the forum. But if you are willing to debate about it, I will happily create a topic for it.

Seeing that this essay's goal is to persuade atheists/people of other religions to convert to Islam, it greatly fails when being read by anyone with sufficient knowledge about religion in general. It only succeeds in affirming muslims views.
To top it all, only the positive aspects of Islam are stated, and the negative ones are turned into positive ones.
There is plenty of evidence which suggests also that the majority of muslims violate these rules.

PS: I am not any happier after reading it, I think only muslims who already believe in what is said in the essay are happy after reading, because it affirms their thoughts.
Hello Mr. RDCH

One of the elemnts of the good writer is to be convinced with what he/or she writes thats why it is "Completely biased from a muslim view " as what you said.

Further, you said that you "do not have much knowledge about the Qu'ran or teachings of Islam" , So how do you say that the text is full of " untrue statements ".

In addition, I don't think that there is a negative thing in Islam bacause in the Holy Quran, our God (Allah-Subanahu wa taa'ala) says: " This day have I perfected your religion for you, completed My favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion."

you don't become happy bacuse you haven't been convinced with it, and I didn't say that the one who reads it will become happy, but the one who read, convinced with what he/she have read.

thanks Mr.RDCH for being here, and I hope you to read more about Islam, even if you do not convinced by this writer you may convinced by other one. :)

RDCH
Student

Post #9

Post by RDCH »

Hey haak123, I finally did post a review, I hope you have some time to read it or consider it. I carefully analyzed the entire text, quoted the passages I did not agree with, and explained my criticism.
One of the elemnts of the good writer is to be convinced with what he/or she writes thats why it is "Completely biased from a muslim view " as what you said.

Yes that is a good arguement. But the writer of the essay is fully convinced of it, so that it turns him into a bad writer. He does not subtlely build up a climax, he just rashes through all kinds of, for him evident, principles, but he does not take in account the view of his readers, which in a persuasive essay, is absolutely necessary.

Be aware, I am not criticizing Islam, I am only criticizing the author of this article (who seems to be well-known, wow?), and I am saying he did not write his essay properly according to the essay rules. Or he must have overlooked something, or he didn't have the proper education to writing essays.

Read here why I think the title of beatiful is inappropriate for this essay:
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... hp?t=15678

haak123
Student

Post #10

Post by haak123 »

RDCH wrote:Hey haak123, I finally did post a review, I hope you have some time to read it or consider it. I carefully analyzed the entire text, quoted the passages I did not agree with, and explained my criticism.

Yes that is a good arguement. But the writer of the essay is fully convinced of it, so that it turns him into a bad writer. He does not subtlely build up a climax, he just rashes through all kinds of, for him evident, principles, but he does not take in account the view of his readers, which in a persuasive essay, is absolutely necessary.

Be aware, I am not criticizing Islam, I am only criticizing the author of this article (who seems to be well-known, wow?), and I am saying he did not write his essay properly according to the essay rules. Or he must have overlooked something, or he didn't have the proper education to writing essays.

Read here why I think the title of beatiful is inappropriate for this essay:
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... hp?t=15678