December 21, 2012

Current issues and things in the news

Moderator: Moderators

lastcallhall
Sage

December 21, 2012

Post #1

Post by lastcallhall »

There is a lot of talk about December 21, 2012 and the end of the mayan calender. Some people think the world will come to end end or something really big is going to happen. I want people to answer who do not believe the Bible that Jesus will return and the world will not end. So I have two questions

1. Are you worried about this date?

2. What do you think will happen on this date? If you think something is going to happen what and can we prevent it?
All the powers of darkness can't drown out a single word

Goat
Site Supporter

Re: December 21, 2012

Post #2

Post by Goat »

lastcallhall wrote:There is a lot of talk about December 21, 2012 and the end of the mayan calender. Some people think the world will come to end end or something really big is going to happen. I want people to answer who do not believe the Bible that Jesus will return and the world will not end. So I have two questions

nope, not at all.

2. What do you think will happen on this date? If you think something is going to happen what and can we prevent it?
Just keep the crazies off the street, and we'll be just fine.
“What do you think science is? There is nothing magical about science. It is simply a systematic way for carefully and thoroughly observing nature and using consistent logic to evaluate results. So which part of that exactly do you disagree with? Do you disagree with being thorough? Using careful observation? Being systematic? Or using consistent logic?�

Steven Novella

Adstar
Under Probation

Post #3

Post by Adstar »

lastcallhall wrote:There is a lot of talk about December 21, 2012 and the end of the mayan calender. Some people think the world will come to end end or something really big is going to happen. I want people to answer who do not believe the Bible that Jesus will return and the world will not end. So I have two questions

Nope
If something of significance does happen on this date i believe it will be a random occurance or a manufactured occurance.

Wait.. Why don't you want people who believe the Bible answering? Whats that got to do with this issue?

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

lastcallhall
Sage

Post #4

Post by lastcallhall »

Adstar wrote:

Nope
If something of significance does happen on this date i believe it will be a random occurance or a manufactured occurance.

Wait.. Why don't you want people who believe the Bible answering? Whats that got to do with this issue?

I want people who have a secular view on things. If you have a belief in the Bible and Jesus Christ then you should have no fear because we know that the Bible tells us this is a world without end.

Adstar
Under Probation

Post #5

Post by Adstar »

lastcallhall wrote:
Adstar wrote:

Nope
If something of significance does happen on this date i believe it will be a random occurrence or a manufactured occurrence.

I want people who have a secular view on things. If you have a belief in the Bible and Jesus Christ then you should have no fear because we know that the Bible tells us this is a world without end.
Yes the world will exist in a perfected changed state. But it is the transition period between the current state and the perfected state that will cause great suffering upon earth. Of course i do not have fear because of this. But i do have concern for those who do not believe Jesus and can never be prepared for these events.

And again i don't believe that any event in 2012 (if indeed any happen) will be part of the final transitional events foretold in the Bible.

asajoseph
Student

Post #6

Post by asajoseph »

I think I might leave my Christmas shopping until the last minute next year, just in case.

Rambo1125
Student

Post #7

Post by Rambo1125 »

Need I say more?

lastcallhall
Sage

Post #8

Post by lastcallhall »

Rambo1125 wrote:Image
Need I say more?

I like it

Rambo1125
Student

Post #9

Post by Rambo1125 »

I would also like to point out that the future is unpredictable. If we fear something might happen, we could even be the cause of it happening because of the actions we took to avoid it.

Choir Loft
Banned
Banned

Post #10

Post by Choir Loft »

If you have a belief in the Bible and Jesus Christ then you should have no fear because we know that the Bible tells us this is a world without end.

Where does it say that?

Perhaps you have mistaken the verses from a similar line in the liturgy of the Anglican church or perhaps the Lutheran church. The Bible doesn't say that.

In fact, the Bible says that TIME runs out for all men. (Heb 9:27)

Since all men have a finite amount of space on the calendar, it would seem to be of greater importance to address a more personal DEADline, as it were.

I don't know about you, but most folks I know are far more concerned about their personal endings a few days or years hence than that of this planet, however many millions of years in the future that may be.