Forum | Welcome | Debate Rules | Links | Facebook | Twitter | Donate  
Debating Christianity and Religion
Civil Christian Debate

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in

God and Babies
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next  
Reply to topic    Debating Christianity and Religion Forum Index -> Christianity and Apologetics
JehovahsWitness Offline
Sage
Total posts: 820

7015.04 tokens
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 5: Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:05 am   Reply

JoeyKnothead wrote:
As I type this, there's been 34 reads of this OP, and not one has come forth to say they'd kill a baby in the name of a god.

Yet some to many will elsewhere defend a god's "right" to kill babies - in the form of having humans do its dirty work.

Think icon_confused2

Prove there is a god first, until you do, surely we cannot discuss this subject.

When you prove beyond a doubt there is a god I will consider contributing, until then there is nothing to talk about.

End of thread.
JoeyKnothead Offline
Savant

Total posts: 13024

11276.23 tokens
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 6: Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:44 am   Reply

From Post 5:

JehovahsWitness wrote:

Prove there is a god first, until you do, surely we cannot discuss this subject.

Do you deny there's been discussion on this site regarding how God may or not 'preciate folks going around killing babies?

As an atheist, it is my personal contention that no gods exists, leaving the logically drawn conclusion that those who do stuff in a god's name, ain't.

JehovahsWitness wrote:

When you prove beyond a doubt there is a god I will consider contributing, until then there is nothing to talk about.

Frankly, I don't care if you wanna contribute or not.

This "prove there's a god" angle would seem more appropriate to put to those who claim there is one, and how it relates to the OP and such.

JehovahsWitness wrote:

End of thread.

Wrong, in that here I post, and the thread continues beyond your declaration.

My intention with presenting the OP is to examine claims and actions and such that have been put forth, whether on this site or "in the world", and I will not stop presenting such just because JehovahsWitness might not wanna join in with us.
100%atheist Offline
Prodigy

Total posts: 2568

13850.80 tokens
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 7: Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:57 am  Re: God and Babies Reply

JoeyKnothead wrote:
There's recent discussion of killing babies, and how God may or may not 'preciate such.

For debate:

Who here would kill a baby because a god didn't like it?

It is hard to believe that an omni-everything creature would not like to eat a few more babies. But it's okay.

Because babies are tasty:

SteveC Offline
Sage

Total posts: 581

3909.71 tokens
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 8: Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:23 am  Re: God and Babies Reply

JoeyKnothead wrote:
There's recent discussion of killing babies, and how God may or may not 'preciate such.

For debate:

Who here would kill a baby because a god didn't like it?

Well................my daughter allowed me to sleep only two hours at a time. For the first two years of her life I was a zombie, but I never considered killing her. I guess she should considered lucky that I was her father and not you know who!!
dianaiad Offline
Site Supporter
Savant

Total posts: 6773

67162.97 tokens
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 9: Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:42 pm   Reply

JoeyKnothead wrote:
As I type this, there's been 34 reads of this OP, and not one has come forth to say they'd kill a baby in the name of a god.

Yet some to many will elsewhere defend a god's "right" to kill babies - in the form of having humans do its dirty work.

Think icon_confused2

Joey, there is a rather large difference between God ending a mortal life (when He knows that life continues somewhere else) and humans killing babies.

Stop equivocating. The two are entirely different subjects.
jgh7 Offline
Sage

Total posts: 717

5209.37 tokens
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 10: Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:32 pm   Reply

Yea, it's horrible to think of killing a baby because God doesn't like it. Now killing a fetus because the mother doesn't like it, that's a different story Whistle
JoeyKnothead Offline
Savant

11276.23 tokens
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 11: Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:17 am   Reply

From Post 9:

dianaiad wrote:

Joey, there is a rather large difference between God ending a mortal life (when He knows that life continues somewhere else) and humans killing babies.

I can dig it. However, the OP seeks to find those who'd do the killing for a god or gods, as opposed to which gods are cool or not cool with the killing of babies.

dianaiad wrote:

How much equivocating is going on when one asks a question?

Would Miss dianaiad kill a baby if her favored god told her to?
JoeyKnothead Offline
Savant

11276.23 tokens
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 12: Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:26 am   Reply

From Post 10:

jgh7 wrote:

Yea, it's horrible to think of killing a baby because God doesn't like it. Now killing a fetus because the mother doesn't like it, that's a different story

Would jgh7 abort a fetus because his preferred god told him to?

Why is it that this question seems so difficult for theists to answer?
dianaiad Offline
Site Supporter
Savant

Total posts: 6773

67162.97 tokens
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 13: Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:04 am   Reply

JoeyKnothead wrote:
From Post 9:

dianaiad wrote:

I can dig it. However, the OP seeks to find those who'd do the killing for a god or gods, as opposed to which gods are cool or not cool with the killing of babies.

dianaiad wrote:

How much equivocating is going on when one asks a question?

Would Miss dianaiad kill a baby if her favored god told her to?

Here's the thing; He wouldn't tell me to.

There's no 'if,' here. He wouldn't. To put it in terms an atheist..or non-theist..might accept, that's like asking what I would do if Captain Ahab applied for a job as cabin boy on the MV Steve Irwin.
Autodidact Offline
Prodigy

Total posts: 3007

17184.19 tokens
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 14: Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:11 pm   Reply

ThatGirlAgain wrote:
JoeyKnothead wrote:

Think icon_confused2

The only god I know who was interested in killing babies was Moloch. But he has a bad rep. So NO I would not.
And YHWH. At least, as reported in the Bible, quite a lot.
Reply to topic    Debating Christianity and Religion Forum Index -> Christianity and Apologetics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4
Facebook
Tweet