Forum | Welcome | Debate Rules | Links | Facebook | Twitter | Donate  
Debating Christianity and Religion
Civil Christian Debate
 
 FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in

God and Babies
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next  
Reply to topic    Debating Christianity and Religion Forum Index -> Christianity and Apologetics
Author Message
JehovahsWitness Offline
Sage
Joined: 29 Sep 2010
Total posts: 820
Gender: Undisclosed

7015.04 tokens
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 5: Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:05 am   Reply

JoeyKnothead wrote:
As I type this, there's been 34 reads of this OP, and not one has come forth to say they'd kill a baby in the name of a god.

Yet some to many will elsewhere defend a god's "right" to kill babies - in the form of having humans do its dirty work.

Think icon_confused2


Prove there is a god first, until you do, surely we cannot discuss this subject.

When you prove beyond a doubt there is a god I will consider contributing, until then there is nothing to talk about.

End of thread.
Back to top
View user's profile Visit poster's website   
JoeyKnothead Offline
Savant
Avatar

Joined: 06 Jun 2008
Total posts: 13024
Location: God's country, if'n he had one
Age: 98
Gender: Undisclosed

11276.23 tokens
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 6: Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:44 am   Reply

From Post 5:

JehovahsWitness wrote:

Prove there is a god first, until you do, surely we cannot discuss this subject.

Do you deny there's been discussion on this site regarding how God may or not 'preciate folks going around killing babies?

As an atheist, it is my personal contention that no gods exists, leaving the logically drawn conclusion that those who do stuff in a god's name, ain't.

JehovahsWitness wrote:

When you prove beyond a doubt there is a god I will consider contributing, until then there is nothing to talk about.

Frankly, I don't care if you wanna contribute or not.

This "prove there's a god" angle would seem more appropriate to put to those who claim there is one, and how it relates to the OP and such.

JehovahsWitness wrote:

End of thread.

Wrong, in that here I post, and the thread continues beyond your declaration.


My intention with presenting the OP is to examine claims and actions and such that have been put forth, whether on this site or "in the world", and I will not stop presenting such just because JehovahsWitness might not wanna join in with us.
Back to top
View user's profile   
100%atheist Offline
Prodigy
Avatar

Joined: 12 Jan 2011
Total posts: 2568
Gender: Undisclosed

13850.80 tokens
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 7: Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:57 am  Re: God and Babies Reply

JoeyKnothead wrote:
There's recent discussion of killing babies, and how God may or may not 'preciate such.

For debate:

Who here would kill a baby because a god didn't like it?


It is hard to believe that an omni-everything creature would not like to eat a few more babies. But it's okay.

Because babies are tasty:

Back to top
View user's profile   
SteveC Offline
Sage
Avatar

Joined: 29 Oct 2010
Total posts: 581
Location: Garden State
Gender: Male

3909.71 tokens
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 8: Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:23 am  Re: God and Babies Reply

JoeyKnothead wrote:
There's recent discussion of killing babies, and how God may or may not 'preciate such.

For debate:

Who here would kill a baby because a god didn't like it?


Well................my daughter allowed me to sleep only two hours at a time. For the first two years of her life I was a zombie, but I never considered killing her. I guess she should considered lucky that I was her father and not you know who!!
Back to top
View user's profile   
dianaiad Offline
Site Supporter
Savant
Avatar

Joined: 24 Oct 2010
Total posts: 6773
Location: Southern California
Age: 64
Gender: Female

67162.97 tokens
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 9: Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:42 pm   Reply

JoeyKnothead wrote:
As I type this, there's been 34 reads of this OP, and not one has come forth to say they'd kill a baby in the name of a god.

Yet some to many will elsewhere defend a god's "right" to kill babies - in the form of having humans do its dirty work.

Think icon_confused2


Joey, there is a rather large difference between God ending a mortal life (when He knows that life continues somewhere else) and humans killing babies.

Stop equivocating. The two are entirely different subjects.
Back to top
View user's profile   
jgh7 Offline
Sage
Avatar

Joined: 26 Apr 2007
Total posts: 717
Age: 27
Gender: Male

5209.37 tokens
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 10: Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:32 pm   Reply

Yea, it's horrible to think of killing a baby because God doesn't like it. Now killing a fetus because the mother doesn't like it, that's a different story Whistle
Back to top
View user's profile   
JoeyKnothead Offline
Savant
Avatar

Joined: 06 Jun 2008
Total posts: 13024
Location: God's country, if'n he had one
Age: 98
Gender: Undisclosed

11276.23 tokens
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 11: Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:17 am   Reply

From Post 9:

dianaiad wrote:

Joey, there is a rather large difference between God ending a mortal life (when He knows that life continues somewhere else) and humans killing babies.

I can dig it. However, the OP seeks to find those who'd do the killing for a god or gods, as opposed to which gods are cool or not cool with the killing of babies.

dianaiad wrote:

Stop equivocating. The two are entirely different subjects.

How much equivocating is going on when one asks a question?

Would Miss dianaiad kill a baby if her favored god told her to?
Back to top
View user's profile   
JoeyKnothead Offline
Savant
Avatar

Joined: 06 Jun 2008
Total posts: 13024
Location: God's country, if'n he had one
Age: 98
Gender: Undisclosed

11276.23 tokens
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 12: Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:26 am   Reply

From Post 10:

jgh7 wrote:

Yea, it's horrible to think of killing a baby because God doesn't like it. Now killing a fetus because the mother doesn't like it, that's a different story

Would jgh7 abort a fetus because his preferred god told him to?

Why is it that this question seems so difficult for theists to answer?
Back to top
View user's profile   
dianaiad Offline
Site Supporter
Savant
Avatar

Joined: 24 Oct 2010
Total posts: 6773
Location: Southern California
Age: 64
Gender: Female

67162.97 tokens
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 13: Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:04 am   Reply

JoeyKnothead wrote:
From Post 9:

dianaiad wrote:

Joey, there is a rather large difference between God ending a mortal life (when He knows that life continues somewhere else) and humans killing babies.

I can dig it. However, the OP seeks to find those who'd do the killing for a god or gods, as opposed to which gods are cool or not cool with the killing of babies.

dianaiad wrote:

Stop equivocating. The two are entirely different subjects.

How much equivocating is going on when one asks a question?

Would Miss dianaiad kill a baby if her favored god told her to?


Here's the thing; He wouldn't tell me to.

There's no 'if,' here. He wouldn't. To put it in terms an atheist..or non-theist..might accept, that's like asking what I would do if Captain Ahab applied for a job as cabin boy on the MV Steve Irwin.
Back to top
View user's profile   
Autodidact Offline
Prodigy
Avatar

Joined: 30 Jun 2011
Total posts: 3007
Gender: Undisclosed

17184.19 tokens
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 14: Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:11 pm   Reply

ThatGirlAgain wrote:
JoeyKnothead wrote:
As I type this, there's been 34 reads of this OP, and not one has come forth to say they'd kill a baby in the name of a god.

Yet some to many will elsewhere defend a god's "right" to kill babies - in the form of having humans do its dirty work.

Think icon_confused2

The only god I know who was interested in killing babies was Moloch. But he has a bad rep. So NO I would not.
And YHWH. At least, as reported in the Bible, quite a lot.
Back to top
View user's profile   
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Debating Christianity and Religion Forum Index -> Christianity and Apologetics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4
Facebook
Tweet

 

Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum Replies Posted
No new posts 'Designer Babies' - Your thoughts cwatts Right and Wrong 2 Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:57 am View latest post
No new posts Death of Babies Justin108 Christianity and Apologetics 220 Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:25 pm View latest post
No new posts Where do babies come from? assisigirl Christianity and Apologetics 43 Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:04 pm View latest post
No new posts Does God send babies to hell? Waiting4evidence Christianity and Apologetics 93 Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:22 pm View latest post
No new posts "We need more breeders, more bab... Zzyzx Christianity and Apologetics 14 Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:42 am View latest post





Hymn Lyrics Plus

On The Web | New Kind Church | Ecodia | Facebook | Twitter


Lo-Fi Version
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.   Hosted by Lunarpages.   Produced by Ecodia.
Igloo Theme Release v0.9 Created By: Igloo Inc. and PROX Designs in association with Kazer0 Designs.
Protected by CBACK CrackerTracker
159116 Attacks blocked.