Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

sleepyhead
Site Supporter

Edgar Cayce

Post #1

Post by sleepyhead »

Hello,

After seeing several threads about Joseph Smith and the book of mormon I want Edgar Cayce to have equal time. He was more recent than JS and he had many people investigating him.

Question for debate.

Was Edgar Cayce able to obtain information through non traditional means?

I will be taking the position that he did.
May all your naps be joyous occasions.

TheTruth101
Banned
Banned

Post #41

Post by TheTruth101 »

Also, the Apostles of God that were Christians prophecised and saw visions under 'dreams'.
As clearly evident by the revations being written based on dreams, and Christ testifying of it, it is clear that all Gods apostles considered dreams very important and pre sign of eternity.

Edgar Casey prophecised when he was under sleep, therefore it can be concluded, that the third eye, meaning divinity awoke when he slept, God.

I only mention the third eye as to dreams because the only time that we are able to see when our physical two eyes are closed, is when we sleep, or dream.

So knowing Edgar Casey was a Christian, and that the Apostles of the past testified the future events according to the dreams that they had, it is evidently even more clear now, the Father works within dreams at times. In Edgar Casey's case, many times when he slept.

As evident by Casey prophecy foretelling of future events, and many of them coming to be met prophecies, it is cleat that God indeed creates the future amongst mankind in divine ways, therefore can be said God sees the future.

One can note here, that God work with ones dreams and can be referenced as the third eye, and the God of dreams. In due meaning, God of night, or the morning star.

Get the contradiction of the word morning star.

Star only come out at night, in due meaning ,God awakes(morning) as one sleeps at night(star).

Though some claim that the morning star is Satan, and some argue that it is Jesus Christ, its really all the same thing. As in, one omnipotent being, God.

Will post later.

sleepyhead
Site Supporter

Post #42

Post by sleepyhead »

Hello the truth,

Thank you for your response. I hope you have found the information that came through him of value. I was actually hoping for someone who believed the EC material to be fraudulent in order to debate.

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #43

Post by JoeyKnothead »

From Post 42:
sleepyhead wrote: ...
I was actually hoping for someone who believed the EC material to be fraudulent in order to debate.
I prefer that those who contend such material is valid to show us all why we ought think it is.

So, let's head back to the OP...
After seeing several threads about Joseph Smith and the book of mormon I want Edgar Cayce to have equal time. He was more recent than JS and he had many people investigating him.
Does the 'recentness' of one's claims mean they've got the best of it?
Was Edgar Cayce able to obtain information through non traditional means?
Lacking specifics, I'm still on the 'no' train.

We can all declare we've got a god behind our projections...

It's my projection that women suffer them some goofy, but by all that's holy, we oughta be proud of 'em for it, 'cause if they never suffered from the goofy, how might we ever get close enough to snuggle in to confirm they was goofy for us having done so?

It should be quite apparent regarding this OP that "My position", is that we oughta be all proud for it, and that makes it "God's position".

What it doesn't do is show anyone involved knows what a god has to say on any issue it seeks to show he does.

But dangitall ladies, don't think we're the devil for trying to look down your shirt!
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

sleepyhead
Site Supporter

Post #44

Post by sleepyhead »

Hello Joey,

you>>>Does the 'recentness' of one's claims mean they've got the best of it?

The recentness means that the claims can and were investigated.

The basis for my claim (Was Edgar Cayce able to obtain information through non traditional means?) is that he was investigated during the years when he was giving readings. Those who investigated him were unable to find any fraud.

you>>>We can all declare we've got a god behind our projections... <<<

When I created the topic for debate I was hesitant to claim anything without evidence. I didn't claim God was behind it. EC was asked how he did it while under trance and he provided an answer, however, I want to keep the debate topic to what it is now.

>>>Lacking specifics, I'm still on the 'no' train.<<<

Since EC was investigated during the time when he gave readings, what is your basis for being on the no train.

sleepyhead
Site Supporter

Post #45

Post by sleepyhead »

Hello,

Joey's had a few days to respond so now I would like to open the same question up to everyone. The question was "Since EC was investigated during the time when he gave readings, what is your basis for being on the no train."

sleepyhead
Site Supporter

Post #46

Post by sleepyhead »

Hello,

Since it's been a few months I thought I'd give this thread a little bump. We have some more non theists who have joined the forum and I'd like to give them the opportunity to discredit the work of Edgar Cayce. Feel free and read through the arguments and explain which arguments you feel are significant.

sleepyhead
Site Supporter

Post #47

Post by sleepyhead »

Hello,

It's been a few months since this thread came to the forefront and we have a few knew non theists who might like to prove the EC experience was fraudulent. Thus far IMO the non theists haven't put forward any credible arguments. Since as a general rule non theists also don't believe in psychic experience I would think that they would want to disprove the EC phenomena.

Goat
Site Supporter

Post #48

Post by Goat »

sleepyhead wrote: Hello,

It's been a few months since this thread came to the forefront and we have a few knew non theists who might like to prove the EC experience was fraudulent. Thus far IMO the non theists haven't put forward any credible arguments. Since as a general rule non theists also don't believe in psychic experience I would think that they would want to disprove the EC phenomena.

Before a phenomena can be disproved, you have to prove it.

I have yet to see that.

A lot about his techniques for fooling people can be documented
here
“What do you think science is? There is nothing magical about science. It is simply a systematic way for carefully and thoroughly observing nature and using consistent logic to evaluate results. So which part of that exactly do you disagree with? Do you disagree with being thorough? Using careful observation? Being systematic? Or using consistent logic?�

Steven Novella

sleepyhead
Site Supporter

Post #49

Post by sleepyhead »

Hello goat,

Thank you for your response. An individual would need to present evidence that a phenomena occurred. Whether the evidence amounts to proof is for the individual to decide. My evidence largely consists of the fact that he was investigated by various psychic investigators of his day and they didn't find any fakery.

With regards to the link you provided, the individual who wrote it is most likely not a member of this forum. What parts of the link are you prepared to stand behind when I respond to the points he made?

Goat
Site Supporter

Post #50

Post by Goat »

sleepyhead wrote: Hello goat,

Thank you for your response. An individual would need to present evidence that a phenomena occurred. Whether the evidence amounts to proof is for the individual to decide. My evidence largely consists of the fact that he was investigated by various psychic investigators of his day and they didn't find any fakery.

With regards to the link you provided, the individual who wrote it is most likely not a member of this forum. What parts of the link are you prepared to stand behind when I respond to the points he made?
after reading it.. I would say his points were really on the spot, particularly about a) his remedies were exactly like the folk medicine of the time, b) his termonology fit the people helping him.'
“What do you think science is? There is nothing magical about science. It is simply a systematic way for carefully and thoroughly observing nature and using consistent logic to evaluate results. So which part of that exactly do you disagree with? Do you disagree with being thorough? Using careful observation? Being systematic? Or using consistent logic?�

Steven Novella