Unread post indicator

Feedback and site usage questions

Moderator: Moderators

ThatGirlAgain
Prodigy

Unread post indicator

Post #1

Post by ThatGirlAgain »

The blue three lobed icon in front of a forum name tells you that you have not opened the most recent post in at least one thread in that forum. However if that post was made by you then the icon does not appear.

Except in Announcements...

How come the icon appears for me in Announcements even if the only unopened thread is by me? I go crazy looking for something I have not read when I have already read everything. :confused2:
Dogmatism and skepticism are both, in a sense, absolute philosophies; one is certain of knowing, the other of not knowing. What philosophy should dissipate is certainty, whether of knowledge or ignorance.
- Bertrand Russell

otseng
Savant

Post #2

Post by otseng »

I think it's because its a MPG post. That whole system was hacked in by me. Are others seeing this problem? If so, I'll see if I can fix it.

ThatGirlAgain
Prodigy

Post #3

Post by ThatGirlAgain »

otseng wrote:I think it's because its a MPG post. That whole system was hacked in by me. Are others seeing this problem? If so, I'll see if I can fix it.
I just did a non-MPG post in the MPG thread in Announcements and do not see the unread post indicator. Sounds like it is only for MPGs. In that case I will just click on any MPG posts I do. If the indicator is still on I will know there is something real there that I should read.
Dogmatism and skepticism are both, in a sense, absolute philosophies; one is certain of knowing, the other of not knowing. What philosophy should dissipate is certainty, whether of knowledge or ignorance.
- Bertrand Russell

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Post #4

Post by ttruscott »

I thought the unread post indicatior was the black arrow...

I miss an indicatoor as to which topics I've posted in, sigh.

Ted
PCE Theology as I see it...

We had an existence with a free will in Sheol before the creation of the physical universe. Here we chose to be able to become holy or to be eternally evil in YHWH's sight. Then the physical universe was created and all sinners were sent to earth.

This theology debunks the need to base Christianity upon the blasphemy of creating us in Adam's sin.

otseng
Savant

Post #5

Post by otseng »

ttruscott wrote: I miss an indicatoor as to which topics I've posted in, sigh.
If you watch threads you post in, you can then view the watched topics list.

otseng
Savant

Post #6

Post by otseng »

OK, I think I've fixed it. If you give a MPG donation, you will not see an unread indicator in the Announcements subforum.