Mitt Romney and the Cylons

Religion in TV, Movies, Books, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

RobertUrbanek
Apprentice

Mitt Romney and the Cylons

Post #1

Post by RobertUrbanek »

Glen A. Larson, a Mormon, was the creator of the original Battlestar Galactica and a "consulting producer" for the 2003 re-imagined TV show. He incorporated Mormon theology into the science fiction series.

In Battlestar Galactica, the colonies are headed by a president and a council of twelve. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (LDS) is headed by a president and a council of twelve. In BG, the colonies originated on the planet Kobol, where the “Lords� lived. The LDS states that the Lord lives on the planet Kolob.

The Prophecy of Larson will be fulfilled. As Mormons like Jon Huntsman and Mitt Romney attain greater prominence and power, Earth will become more and more like Caprica, the birthplace of the Cylons, the race of robots and humanoids bent on the destruction of humanity.

Doubts remain that Mitt Romney is human. National Journal, April 2, 2012: Ann Romney Says Mitt Isn't Robotic, 'We Better Unzip Him'

Commander Adama is the enemy of the Cylons
Commander-in-Chief Obama is the enemy of Romney

In the Battlestar universe, “fracking� is a curse word.
Romney supports fracking, which poisons the human water supply.

A vote for Romney is a vote for the Cylons. Not that there’s anything wrong with that. Is there any doubt that humans deserve to be punished?
Untroubled, scornful, outrageous — That is how wisdom wants us to be. She is a woman and never loves anyone but a warrior — Friedrich Nietzsche

dusk
Sage

Post #2

Post by dusk »

If there are enough number sixes and eights around it doesn't sound so bad.
I could do without the #1 and pretty much all the male ones and man no sucker for the mean #3.

I think what Mitt really needs is a new hair color. With green or orange he would look much more human. Dressing leger wouldn't look quite as ridiculous anymore. He does have a face I imagine a politician terminator would have.