Please remove me from my created usergroups

Feedback and site usage questions

Moderator: Moderators

Haven

Please remove me from my created usergroups

Post #1

Post by Haven »

Mods, could you please remove me from the usergroups I created ("Against Magical Thinking, Non-Theist Christian, Former Evangelical), because I have left atheism and am returning to the faith of my childhood (Christianity). Thanks.

LiamOS
Site Supporter

Post #2

Post by LiamOS »

Out of curiosity, is your inclusion in Against Magical Thinking and Former Evangelical not still applicable? In many ways, one could be a Theist without 'magical thinking', and I'd imagine that (in some sense at least) it's possible to be a Christian in the same regard.

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Re: Please remove me from my created usergroups

Post #3

Post by McCulloch »

Haven wrote: Mods, could you please remove me from the usergroups I created ("Against Magical Thinking, Non-Theist Christian, Former Evangelical), because I have left atheism and am returning to the faith of my childhood (Christianity). Thanks.
All groups must have a Group Moderator. If the group was created for you, then you are that person. We have three choices:
  1. Find a volunteer from within the group to take ownership of it.
  2. Delete the group.
  3. Keep things as they are.
As you claim to be returning to non-fundamentalist Christianity, would you not wish to remain a Former Evangelical? For each of the listed groups, please indicate your preference.
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John

otseng
Savant

Post #4

Post by otseng »

Right now, McCulloch is the only other member of that group. Either I can make him the group owner, or I can set it to a phantom user.

Darias
Guru

Post #5

Post by Darias »

I'm in your "Non-Theist Christian" and "Former Evangelical" groups. I don't consider myself an Atheist but I find the term "non-theist Christian" useful to perhaps describe my (weak)Agnostic-Atheism(strong) position for the evangelical or traditional Christian concept of god. Generally I am Agnostic Ignostic in regards to other logically possible god constructs.

Former Evangelical is also very very useful and it doesn't imply Atheism, just perhaps a more liberal Christian perspective.

I still consider myself Christian but I have a hard time convincing my very sheltered evangelical family, who just recently learned what "Agnostic" means. My mom thinks that I won't be able to find a descent person who believes like me because she has preconceived notions that non-believers aren't morally restrained. In her mind I'm the exception of course because she raised me.

Anyways I'm getting off topic here. If you don't wanna consider yourself Atheist, and still Christian, have you changed your mind on evangelical beliefs and magical thinking? If you still don't embrace evangelical beliefs and you prefer naturalism over magical beliefs, then why do you want to leave your user-groups?

Haven

Post #6

Post by Haven »

Never mind my original request: see this post.