Misconceptions about Islam:

Argue for and against religions and philosophies which are not Christian

Moderator: Moderators

HaLi8993
Guru

Misconceptions about Islam:

Post #1

Post by HaLi8993 »

There are many misconceptions that exist within the field of Islam one being the topic of women. Unfortunately due to ignorance and lack of knowledge of some people and the ever growing propaganda and Islamaphobia that exist today, including the ever growing media agenda’s that govern the way people think and act, women are deemed as being unequal to men in Islam.

We are all aware that women and men are not alike so I don’t understand when someone makes the statement that Islam should practice equality, what do you mean by equality??? This word – equality – which many thinkers in both the east and the west advocate in various fields of life is a word which is based on deviation and a lack of understanding, especially when it is attributed to the religion to Islam. One of the things that people misunderstand is when they say that “Islam is the religion of equality�. What they should say is that Islam is the religion of justice.

Here we should note that there are some people who speak of equality instead of justice, and this is a mistake. We should not say equality, because equality implies no differentiation between the two. Because of this unjust call for equality, people start to ask, what is the difference between male and female?’ So they made males and females the same. We are all aware that the Male is not like the female.

God says in the Quran:

“And the male is not like the female�[Quran Aal ‘Imraan 3:36] The male is different from the female in many ways, in his strength, in his body, in his toughness and roughness, whereas women are soft and gentle. Women are like men in some aspects and they differ from them in others. Most of the rulings of Islam apply to men and women equally.

In cases where a distinction is made between the sexes, the Muslim regards that as a mercy from God and a sign of His knowledge of His creation, but the arrogant people see it as oppression and injustice, so he stubbornly insists on claiming that men and women are the same. So let him tell us how a man can carry a foetus and breastfeed it? He stubbornly ignores the weakness of women and how they bleed during their monthly period, and he stubbornly refuses to accept reality.

But the Muslim is still at peace with his faith, surrendering to the command of God. “Should not He who has created know? And He is the Most Kind and Courteous (to His slaves), All Aware (of everything)� [Quran al-Mulk 67:14 ]

Burninglight
Guru

Re: Misconceptions about Islam:

Post #2

Post by Burninglight »

HaLi8993 wrote: But the Muslim is still at peace with his faith, surrendering to the command of God. “Should not He who has created know? And He is the Most Kind and Courteous (to His slaves), All Aware (of everything)� [Quran al-Mulk 67:14 ]
You could always be a Christian and be God's friend instead of His slave. The Bible states that Jesus is the Prince of Peace. It sounds to me like He has the monopoly on Peace. Know Jesus Know Peace. No Jesus no peace!

Ankhhape
Scholar

Post #3

Post by Ankhhape »

I'm sorry HaLi8993, but I've debated religion with many Islamics and it seems that the Quran is interpreted as seen fit by the needs of whatever sect.

HaLi8993
Guru

Post #4

Post by HaLi8993 »

@Burninglight:
I have debated many Christians in the past, I think even yourself lol (under the name zehraap) and have come across Christians that object to such terms as Slave.

I would just like to clarify that when a Muslim is called a "slave" or "servant" this is not a insult and in no way does it refer to the modern day term of slavery. Many people regard this term “slave� to modern black slavery and other types of slavery that took place.

The term “slavery� means servant, God All-Mighty knows best when He Himself is using this term for all of mankind, This term implies servant because we submit our will to God, follow his commandments, his rulings etc.

Furthermore if there was a problem being called slaves then there would also be a problem being called the “prisoner of Jesus� which means: bound, in bonds, a
captive, a prisoner.

Proof: Paul being called the prisoner of Jesus

Ephesians 3:1

1 For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles,

Philemon 1:1

1 Paul, a prisoner of Jesus Christ, and Timothy our brother, unto Philemon our dearly beloved, and fellowlabourer

Moreover whenever you are called a prisoner, it means your bound, jailed, and restricted, not something you would describe yourself with God.

So why would Paul ever use such a bad term like that?!

Question: What is it that makes you believe Islam is not peaceful? Muhammad (peace be upon him) came with the final revelation to mankind and he is the seal of all the Prophets. Jesus peace be upon him brought peace just like all the other Prophets that came to pass making him no different :D

HaLi8993
Guru

Post #5

Post by HaLi8993 »

@ Ankhhape:

There is no doubt that there are many misguided sects in Islam and I personally dont deny the fact that people use the religion of Islam to their own advantages in many instances, however in saying that one must understand that there is many ignorance and lack of knowledge along with Cultural practices that go against the techings of Islam. There is only one truth and one sect of people that will be on the straight path applying the proper teachings of Islam, This was already prophecised

PROOF:

Narrated AbuHurayrah: The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: The Jews were split up into seventy-one or seventy-two sects; and the Christians were split up into seventy one or seventy-two sects; and my community will be split up into seventy-three sects. (Abu Dawood Book #40, Hadith #4579)

Burninglight
Guru

Post #6

Post by Burninglight »

HaLi8993 wrote: @Burninglight:
I have debated many Christians in the past, I think even yourself lol (under the name zehraap) and have come across Christians that object to such terms as Slave.

I would just like to clarify that when a Muslim is called a "slave" or "servant" this is not a insult and in no way does it refer to the modern day term of slavery. Many people regard this term “slave� to modern black slavery and other types of slavery that took place.

The term “slavery� means servant, God All-Mighty knows best when He Himself is using this term for all of mankind, This term implies servant because we submit our will to God, follow his commandments, his rulings etc.

Furthermore if there was a problem being called slaves then there would also be a problem being called the “prisoner of Jesus� which means: bound, in bonds, a
captive, a prisoner.

Proof: Paul being called the prisoner of Jesus

Ephesians 3:1

1 For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles,

Philemon 1:1

1 Paul, a prisoner of Jesus Christ, and Timothy our brother, unto Philemon our dearly beloved, and fellowlabourer

Moreover whenever you are called a prisoner, it means your bound, jailed, and restricted, not something you would describe yourself with God.

So why would Paul ever use such a bad term like that?!

Question: What is it that makes you believe Islam is not peaceful? Muhammad (peace be upon him) came with the final revelation to mankind and he is the seal of all the Prophets. Jesus peace be upon him brought peace just like all the other Prophets that came to pass making him no different :D
Paul was calling himself a prisoner of Jesus Christ, because his witness for Christ got him there in prison as part of persecution, and the promise that he would suffer for Christ. Moreover, he knew that God was in control and had him there for a reason.

Jesus said, "I call you no longer servants but friends for the servant doesn't know what his master does, but I have made them know unto you the father's will."

Islam peaceful? Yes, I suppose that is possible, but it depends on what kind of Muslim you are & the location. There are Quranist that don't believe in the hadiths. They believe the second half of the shahadah is shirk which makes sense to me. But Muslim in the middle east such as the militant ones are not peaceful. Islam is as it does!

The Bible says that Ishmael would be against every man and every man against him. Islam, for the most part, has taken up the mantel of this prophecy through Ishmael who was no prophet, and he was rejected by God and Abraham as the child of promise. He was Hagar's son. he was the son of a slave woman; hence the idea of Muslim being slaves has carried over until now, because they were slaves of Abraham and Sarah his wife. God has no slaves! God is love and has made us co heirs with Jesus Christ. We stand before before God as acceptable, pleasing and complete. We are prefect before God, because we are the righteousness of Jesus Christ.

That is the only reason we get to go to paradise. Jesus said, "NO man comes to the father except through me" The father is God. God said, "This is my beloved son... hear ye Him" but Muslims don't want to hear this or Him. "He that has the son has life, He that doesn't have the son has not life but the wrath of God abides on him" Satan has slaves and people are slaves of sin. "Whom the son sets free is free indeed! Muslims are not free according to the Scriptures! So that is why I said you can always become a friend of God as a Christian, because has it stands, Muslims are not God's friends at all!

May you come to know the truth. Jesus said, "I am the way the truth and the life" He didn't say I show the way and truth. He is not a messenger; He is the message you somehow missed friend.

PUBY

Ankhhape
Scholar

Post #7

Post by Ankhhape »

HaLi8993 wrote: @ Ankhhape:

There is no doubt that there are many misguided sects in Islam and I personally dont deny the fact that people use the religion of Islam to their own advantages in many instances, however in saying that one must understand that there is many ignorance and lack of knowledge along with Cultural practices that go against the techings of Islam. There is only one truth and one sect of people that will be on the straight path applying the proper teachings of Islam, This was already prophecised

PROOF:

Narrated AbuHurayrah: The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: The Jews were split up into seventy-one or seventy-two sects; and the Christians were split up into seventy one or seventy-two sects; and my community will be split up into seventy-three sects. (Abu Dawood Book #40, Hadith #4579)
Interesting how not just Islamic religion, but all the Abrahamic religions, have segregated and 'demonized' any faith other than its own.

Most interesting is the number 72 as this is:
- The number of warriors on the Muslim side at the Battle of Badr,
- The number of people martyred along with Imam Hussain at the Battle of Karbala.
- The 72 old men of the synagogue, according to the Zohar.
- The number of houri each Muslim martyr shall receive as companions in Paradise.
- The number of names of God, according to Kabbalah
- The number of people martyred along with Imam Hussain at the Battle of Karbala.
- The 72 disciples of Confucius.
- The Egyptian God Osiris was enclosed in a coffin by 72 evil disciples and accomplices of Set
- The number of the Immortals of Taoism

And:
- The number of 'Demons' found in the Goetia: Lesser Key of King Solomon

Burninglight
Guru

Post #8

Post by Burninglight »

Ankhhape wrote:
HaLi8993 wrote: @ Ankhhape:

PROOF:

Interesting how not just Islamic religion, but all the Abrahamic religions, have segregated and 'demonized' any faith other than its own.

Most interesting is the number 72 as this is:
- The 72 old men of the synagogue, according to the Zohar.
- The number of houri each Muslim martyr shall receive as companions in Paradise.
- The number of names of God, according to Kabbalah
- The 72 disciples of Confucius.
- The Egyptian God Osiris was enclosed in a coffin by 72 evil disciples and accomplices of Set
- The number of the Immortals of Taoism

And:
- The number of 'Demons' found in the Goetia: Lesser Key of King Solomon
It is interesting to note that the whole world is caught up in a family feud of the Abrahamic faith; for instance. the feud started with Ishmael and Isaac, both claim to be the child of promise. It is a sibling rivalry for the promised land and blessing and it affects all people groups in the world and will continue to do so till Jesus comes back to set the record straight.
The truth is in the Abrahamic faith somewhere!

HaLi8993
Guru

Post #9

Post by HaLi8993 »

@ Burninglight

QUOTE: “Paul was calling himself a prisoner of Jesus Christ, because his witness for Christ got him there in prison as part of persecution, and the promise that he would suffer for Christ. Moreover, he knew that God was in control and had him there for a reason�

ANSWER: If Paul was indeed saying he is a prisoner of Jesus (peace and blessings be upon him) then this would imply that what Jesus came with was restricting. And if we were to say that Paul was literally a prisoner for Jesus it would mean the Christian life is actually a prison, or is it expressed in freedom? These characteristics of the prison all refer to the subjection of an individual to an authority. The point I’m trying to make is that God is our Master and every Master has a slave. If you’re not a slave to your creator you are a slave to society, wealth, people etc.

QUOTE: "John 15:15 - no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you."

ANSWER:This verse above does not suggest or deny that mankind are not the slaves of God it is rather suggesting the intimate friendship with Him and the Father (God). Furthermore when we refer to Jesus (peace and blessings be upon him) in Islam we don’t say “we are the slaves of Jesus� we call him a friend or companion of the prophets.

QUOTE: "Islam peaceful? Yes, I suppose that is possible, but it depends on what kind of Muslim you are & the location. There are Quranist that don\'t believe in the hadiths. They believe the second half of the shahadah is shirk which makes sense to me. But Muslim in the middle east such as the militant ones are not peaceful. Islam is as it does!"

ANSWER: We are commanded in the Quran to "obey Allah (God) and obey the messenger" The Quran and Hadith go hand in hand, you cannot have one without the other. If there are people who reject Hadith then these people are most likely those who would reject praying also otherwise how would they even know how to pray to begin with without following the Hadith. We are all aware that praying is a pillar of Islam. Without prayer there would be a huge question mark as to whether these people your referring to are Muslim to begin with.

To believe that the second half of the shahada is shirk would not make you a Muslim because in order to become Muslim one recognizes and acknowledges that there is no God worthy of Worship and that Muhammad (peace be upon him) is the messenger of God, without acknowledging that Muhammad (peace be upon him) is the Messenger of God you are refusing and rejecting Islam because it was revealed to the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him).

I would like to know exactly what you believe that doesn't make Islam a peaceful religion.

QUOTE: “The Bible says that Ishmael would be against every man and every man against him. Islam, for the most part, has taken up the mantel of this prophecy through Ishmael who was no prophet, and he was rejected by God and Abraham as the child of promise�

ANSWER:

1)Where in the bible does it say this? Pls provide evidence.

2) Ismael not a prophet??

QUOTE: "That is the only reason we get to go to paradise. Jesus said, "NO man comes to the father except through me"

ANSWER: This statement cannot be used to justify that simply by believing in Jesus we get to go to paradise, generally Christians say that the only way a person can get saved and go to heaven is to believe and accept Jesus as his Lord and Savior who died for him on the cross to purify him from his sins. Anyone who doesn't believe in this will not be saved.

There are many other examples in the New Testament that have general and controversial statements like this also. This verse might sound like a clear proof for what you are claiming but in the verse below it is clear that it doesn't mean that the person HAS TO ACCEPT JESUS AS HIS MEDIATOR between him and GOD Almighty to be saved.

Jesus said: loving God Almighty so much and being nice to your neighbors will cause you to have eternal life also:

Luke 10
25. On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. "Teacher," he asked, "what must I do to inherit eternal life?"
26. "What is written in the Law?" he replied. "How do you read it?"
27. He answered: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind' ; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' "
28. "You have answered correctly," Jesus replied. "Do this and you will live."

No other question can be more straight forward than this. Notice how Jesus answered this straight forward question: "Love the Lord your God with all your heart......and love your neighbor as yourself......Do this and you will live."
Jesus didn't talk about any trinity concept, nor did he say to the man that he must accept Jesus as a mediator between him and GOD Almighty to win Eternal Life.

Jesus was pretty clear and straight forward here: LOVE GOD ALMIGHTY AND LOVE YOUR NEIGHBORS AS YOURSELF. That is simply all there is to it to win eternal life in Jesus' standards.

It certainly wasn't necessary for the man who asked the question to believe in trinity in order for him to be saved. Jesus assured him Paradise if he believed otherwise.

QUOTE: "This is my beloved son... hear ye Him" but Muslims don't want to hear this or Him. "He that has the son has life, He that doesn't have the son has not life but the wrath of God abides on him" Satan has slaves and people are slaves of sin. "Whom the son sets free is free indeed! Muslims are not free according to the Scriptures!"

ANSWER: In Islam we believe that God is Unique, Absolute, has no partners hence has no son, the Bible in which it says that the Messiah is the son of God is the same Bible in which the lineage of the Messiah ends with Adam (peace be upon him), and he too is described as a son of God as well as Joseph which was referred to the son of Heli … the son of Seth, the son of Adam, the son of God�

[Luke 3:23-38]

This is the same Bible that describes Israel in the same terms:
“Then say to Pharaoh, 'This is what the LORD says: Israel is my firstborn son�

[Exodus 4:22]

Something similar appears in the Book of Hosea:
“When Israel was a child, I loved him, and out of Egypt I called my son�

[Hosea 11:1]

The same is said of Soloman (peace be upon him):
“He said to me: 'Solomon your son is the one who will build my house and my courts, for I have chosen him to be my son, and I will be his father�

[I Chronicles 28:6]

Were Adam, Israel and Soloman all other sons of God???, before the Messiah (peace be upon him)?

Indeed, in the Gospel of John itself there is an explanation of what is meant by this being a son, it includes all the righteous servants of God, so there is nothing unique about Jesus or any other Prophet in this regard.

“But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name�

[John 1:3]

Something similar appears in the Gospel of Matthew:
“Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God�

[Matthew 5:8-9]

This usage of the word “son� in the language of the Bible is a metaphor for the righteous servant of God, without it implying anything special or unique about the way in which he is created, or describing him literally as the offspring of God. Hence John says:

“How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God!�

[1 John 3:1]

For the same reason Adam is also called a son of God

There remains the issue of Jesus (peace be upon him) being described as a son of God, and, saying that He was the father of the Messiah (peace be upon him). This too is not unique in the language of the Gospels:

“Jesus said, Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet returned to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, 'I am returning to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.'�

[John 20:17]

In one text he says that God is a father to them too, and that God is the God of them all.

QUOTE: "May you come to know the truth. Jesus said, "I am the way the truth and the life" He didn't say I show the way and truth. He is not a messenger; He is the message you somehow missed friend."

ANSWER: We can say every Prophet (peace be upon them all) was the way the truth and the life at the time they proclaimed their mission. Yes I agree that he came with a Message to follow one true God, there is no evidence that he said worship me I am the son of God, the concept of trinity was developed later by the churches, to become the chore doctrine of faith as it is today.

When Jesus said: "I am the way and the truth and the life, No one comes to the Father except through me. (John 14:6)", the meanings of this verse in the same context in Luke 10:25-28 and the other verses that teach about love, harmony and forgiveness, we clearly see that the way that Jesus talked about is the goodness in you.

I sincerely advice you to look into Islam from reliable sources leaving aside any misconceptions, ill feelings and negativity, seeking the pleasure of your Lord and practicing the fastest growing religion (way of life) in the world in order to attain eternal paradise. We only have one chance in life and then it’s all over, our fate will be sealed and we will either have eternal paradise or be thrown into eternal hellfire.

HaLi8993
Guru

Post #10

Post by HaLi8993 »

QUOTE: "Interesting how not just Islamic religion, but all the Abrahamic religions, have segregated and 'demonized' any faith other than its own"

ANSWER: This isn't about segregating and demonizing a particular faith, rather it is about seeking the true religion and worshiping our Lord the reason of our creation, guiding people to the truth. If you only knew what your Lord has prepared for you in the Hereafter in exchange for your efforts in this life you would be happy and eager to meet your Lord and divorce this life in a instance.