Can we have a moratorium on homosexuality threads?

Feedback and site usage questions

Moderator: Moderators

Haven

Can we have a moratorium on homosexuality threads?

Post #1

Post by Haven »

Recently, there have been numerous threads on homosexuality, all of which have been uncivil in tone and have included hateful comments and all-out gay bashing, as well as numerous personal insults from both sides. Would it be possible to have a moratorium on starting new threads on homosexuality, at least until things calm down a bit?

Darias
Guru

Post #2

Post by Darias »

I wonder what caused all that? Was it Obama's recent stance or something else?

My interest in the issue mainly has to do with all the news coming out of my state. It recently had its constitution amended to ban same sex marriage and civil unions, both of which were illegal to begin with, but are now won't ever be legal any time soon.

Also the two pastors in my state who said some pretty nasty things about gay people:

Sean Harris

Charles Worley

If you haven't heard what Worley said you can listen here. This video contains the original comments as well as a sermon after the fallout from his words.

[youtube][/youtube]

otseng
Savant

Post #3

Post by otseng »

Homosexuality has always been the most volatile topic on this forum.

I suggest we go the present course. This storm will pass as it has in the past. Continue to report rule violations and we will try to deal with them as quickly as we can.