Moderator: Moderators

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

NEVER AGAIN!

Post #1

Post by JoeyKnothead »

Please read the article here:

This story broke me. As a man, a father, a human.

As long as my heart beats, I will NEVER allow the Jewish people - ANY PEOPLE - to suffer such indignities again.

This is my promise to the world.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

arian
Banned
Banned

Post #9

Post by arian »

Thank you Otseng, and I would like to apologize to CNorman, JoeyK and others here, I did not know the difference between 'discussion' and 'debate', which if you read my post is obvious.

I am sorry to have interrupted your discussion guys, I hope you can forgive me. And yes I understand that the rules on debate are different then those on the discussion forums (thanks Otseng for bringing this to my attention), so I retract my last comment to you cnorman18 regarding the one-liner rule also.

Again, my sincere apiologies, and I promise it will never happen again, and if it does, and should I post on a subject not realizing the forum it is in, please give me a quick reminder which would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again for understanding, forgive my ignorance, my bad.

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #10

Post by JoeyKnothead »

From Post 3:
arian wrote: So what have you done, are doing or what are you willing to do to avoid another Holocaust Joey?
Making OPs like this'n, speaking out against those who condemn the Jews simply 'cause they're Jews, and doing my best to inform those I encounter of my newfound information / knowledge regarding Jews and their religion - while maintaining my amateur status in all things but dooficity.
arian wrote: People have been since the last holocaust, and are being exterminated as we speak from Rwanda, to the US of A. Using radiation poisoning, starvation to abortion, it is all extermination.
Plenty fair, and we need to spread the word in this regard (while admitting I'm pro-choice, but you discuss that more fully to follow).
arian wrote: Converting ‘vegetables’ to fuel while the other half of the world is dying of hunger is also genocide, unless you consider going to Africa to feed the starving and dying children for a week a solution?
Another great argument. I 'preciate you bringing these into the discussion, and let's have all who read your post know there's more to be done across and around the globe.
arian wrote: As for justifying abortion under any circumstances, I have to disagree with the rational of my fellow Hungarian Jew, and I agree with what is written below; (which I clipped from the article you posted.)

While most prisoners understood Dr. Perl's rationale and appreciated her efforts, there were those that criticized her work after the war. While Jews and Protestants often have fairly flexible views on abortions (particularly given Dr. Perl's circumstances), Roman Catholics maintain that no matter the circumstances, abortion is always a moral sin. Even fellow physicians, such as David Deutschman (New York) claim, "there is no rational or moral justification for . . . wholesale slaughter of infants . . . whether it was done by the brutal Nazis, or by a sentimental and well-meaning female medical personality."
That's kinda what I'm getting at. In the Holocaust, folks - good, decent folks were forced to confront their consciences in a manner, and for reasons, beyond their control. Sure we can question whether this lady did "good", but I dare say we can't question that her heart was in a "good" place.
arian wrote: Hooray for the Catholics on this moral stand. It is very easy to ‘create’ an atmosphere where abortion and even mass extermination could be justified...
It's easy to take a moral stand when one's city-state is not threatened by war, ain't it?

The rest of the referenced post seems to concern the ability to afford medical care, which I see as not a part of this OP, so I'll leave it be.
-----------------

From Post 8:
arian wrote: Thank you Otseng, and I would like to apologize to CNorman, JoeyK and others here, I did not know the difference between 'discussion' and 'debate', which if you read my post is obvious.
It's my understanding that arian was honestly and innocently seeking to inform, and I 'preciate that. I'll do my retracting and 'pologizing regarding any debate I've done here, and present the response to arian's post out of a sense of duty to arian.
-Punkinhead Martin

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

On Current Events

Post #11

Post by JoeyKnothead »

In good times and bad, in war and in peace, the Jewish people, and the Israeli state, are my family, if only by the rule of the family of man. The whole nation's welcome in my house any time the old lady says she's up to cooking for a bunch, or if they'll do the cooking so she don't hafta.

I agree that humans are prone to error, and I agree the Israeli government has done wrong, even seriously wrong, here and there. That doesn't hafta mean they set out to do it.

On the current state of affairs, I hope the Israeli government does their best to moderate their actions... but I will never admit that defending one's nation, and that nation's citizens, from any and all attackers is wrong.

I stand with my Jewish brothers and sisters, aunts and uncles, and even the one's we ain't none of us too proud of, but they're family so we gotta invite 'em in to the table, in these trying times, and hope that peace - real, tangible, undeniable peace can come to all sides in the current conflict.

Long live Israel! Long live the Israelis!
-Punkinhead Martin

Jayhawker Soule
Sage

Re: On Current Events

Post #12

Post by Jayhawker Soule »

JoeyKnothead wrote: Long live Israel! Long live the Israelis!
tzedek tzedek tirdof