Email notifications

Feedback and site usage questions

Moderator: Moderators

kayky
Prodigy

Email notifications

Post #1

Post by kayky »

Please help as soon as possible!! How can I stop receiving email notifications? I am receiving notifications for threads I am no part of, and I really would prefer to receive no notifications at all. My iPhone is my only access to the Internet, and it "sings" every time I get a notification. It's making me crazy!!!

ThatGirlAgain
Prodigy

Post #2

Post by ThatGirlAgain »

To make sure you do not get ANY email notifications for posts made by other people, there are three things to check.

Profile Settings
Notification
Set ‘Always notify me of replies’ to No

Home
Subscribed Topics
Select any Topics listed (check box on right)
Click on ‘Stop watching the selected topics’ button
(You can also do the equivalent from the Watched Topics link)

When posting on a thread
Make sure ‘Notify me when a reply is posted’ checkbox is not checked

NOTE: You will no longer have any Watched Topics. If you want Watched Topics, you will get emails.
Dogmatism and skepticism are both, in a sense, absolute philosophies; one is certain of knowing, the other of not knowing. What philosophy should dissipate is certainty, whether of knowledge or ignorance.
- Bertrand Russell

kayky
Prodigy

Post #3

Post by kayky »

Thanks. I like "watched topics," but it isn't worth all the noise!

ThatGirlAgain
Prodigy

Post #4

Post by ThatGirlAgain »

kayky wrote: Thanks. I like "watched topics," but it isn't worth all the noise!
I gave up on getting emails long ago. I also subscribe to newsletters and such so it was a nightmare.
Dogmatism and skepticism are both, in a sense, absolute philosophies; one is certain of knowing, the other of not knowing. What philosophy should dissipate is certainty, whether of knowledge or ignorance.
- Bertrand Russell

LiamOS
Site Supporter

Post #5

Post by LiamOS »

I suppose you can always make a second email for the forum(and general spam) and then have watched topics.

ThatGirlAgain
Prodigy

Post #6

Post by ThatGirlAgain »

AkiThePirate wrote: I suppose you can always make a second email for the forum(and general spam) and then have watched topics.
If you do this, make sure the second email address is working BEFORE you change your email address in Profile. Once you change it you will be logged out and must use the email you receive at the new address to re-register and then wait to be activated again.
- Bertrand Russell

Mindlessfollower
Apprentice

Re: Email notifications

Post #7

Post by Mindlessfollower »

Dear Mr. Otseng,

I was wondering if you could assist me. I followed the advice of AkiThePirate without scrolling down to read the advice of ThatGirlAgain. I am now locked out. If you can assist I would grealty ppreciate it.

You can reach me at my new email...

**********@*****.com

Thanks.
Hehehehehe... sorry.

:whistle:
"I always have the last word on opinions. I think... ?" :usa: