Help: How do I know that your God is the one, true God?

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Kir Komrik
Scholar

Help: How do I know that your God is the one, true God?

Post #1

Post by Kir Komrik »

Hi all,
I'm new here and have just read up on the policies and finished my signature, etc. I hope I've done everything correctly so far.
I would like to believe in an almighty power but the problem is that in my research I've found so many gods out there. Coming from a family that has been explicitly atheist for generations, I'm starting from scratch and am looking at all religions.
I am sincerely curious to know how would I know, for instance, that your god is the one, true God?
Thank you.

GADARENE
Banned
Banned

Re: Help: How do I know that your God is the one, true God?

Post #651

Post by GADARENE »

Danmark wrote:
GADARENE wrote:
Danmark wrote: If you have a point of view you want to advance, then take a stand.
I don't recall addressing you
What you do or do not recall is not the issue. I addressed you. Do you have an answer? When you post here, you can expect more than one person to read your post. So, I repeat, do you have anything to say? Or do you only have one liner vague questions and want to pick nits and typos.

If you prefer a one to one conversation, there is a forum for that. You can check the Forum Index

i'll let you know when i'm interested

GADARENE
Banned
Banned

Post #652

Post by GADARENE »

Kir Komrik wrote: Hi all,
I'm new here and have just read up on the policies and finished my signature, etc. I hope I've done everything correctly so far.
I would like to believe in an almighty power but the problem is that in my research I've found so many gods out there. Coming from a family that has been explicitly atheist for generations, I'm starting from scratch and am looking at all religions.
I am sincerely curious to know how would I know, for instance, that your god is the one, true God?
Thank you.
"About Agenticity

Human beings have a known strong tendency to engage in anthropomorphization. Persons with brain damage and Autism tend to be devoid of this tendency or to have a weakened expression of it. This demonstrates how ubiquitous this is in human beings. It is a strong biasing factor. When confronted with mysterious and dramatic events human beings tend to fill the void of uncertainty with human-like agents. The drama provides the motive and the agent solves the mystery. Intelligent deisgn and teleological agruments used by adherent apologists are a form of anthropomorphization. Independent of religious belief, studies show that people will tend to see a “purpose� in the design of perfectly natural (or even abstract) objects by..." are you referencing these quotes?

GADARENE
Banned
Banned

Post #653

Post by GADARENE »

GADARENE wrote:
Thank you.
"About Agenticity

Human beings have a known strong tendency to engage in anthropomorphization. Persons with brain damage and Autism tend to be devoid of this tendency or to have a weakened expression of it. This demonstrates how ubiquitous this is in human beings. It is a strong biasing factor. When confronted with mysterious and dramatic events human beings tend to fill the void of uncertainty with human-like agents. The drama provides the motive and the agent solves the mystery. Intelligent deisgn and teleological agruments used by adherent apologists are a form of anthropomorphization. Independent of religious belief, studies show that people will tend to see a “purpose� in the design of perfectly natural (or even abstract) objects by..." are you referencing these quotes?

where did you find the stats you use? without references, they are worthless. if they came from your research, list techniques used to collect the data, etc. otherwise you are perpetrating a fraud

GADARENE
Banned
Banned

Post #654

Post by GADARENE »

GADARENE wrote:
Thank you.
"About Agenticity

"Again and again they struck him on the head with a staff and spit on him."

otseng
Savant

Post #655

Post by otseng »

GADARENE wrote:
Danmark wrote:
GADARENE wrote:
Danmark wrote: If you have a point of view you want to advance, then take a stand.
What you do or do not recall is not the issue. I addressed you. Do you have an answer? When you post here, you can expect more than one person to read your post. So, I repeat, do you have anything to say? Or do you only have one liner vague questions and want to pick nits and typos.

If you prefer a one to one conversation, there is a forum for that. You can check the Forum Index

Moderator Comment

Danmark is correct. This is an open forum. Everyone is free to address any post. If you do not wish to respond to a post, simply remain silent.

Please review the Rules.

Moderator comments do not count as a strike against any posters. They only serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received, but has not been judged to warrant a moderator warning against a particular poster. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.

GADARENE
Banned
Banned

Post #656

Post by GADARENE »

otseng wrote:
GADARENE wrote:
Danmark wrote:
GADARENE wrote:

Moderator Comment

Danmark is correct. This is an open forum. Everyone is free to address any post. If you do not wish to respond to a post, simply remain silent.

Please review the Rules.

Moderator comments do not count as a strike against any posters. They only serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received, but has not been judged to warrant a moderator warning against a particular poster. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.
that is interesting. trying to ignore this person wasn't working. he continued to bug me. I told him I would respond to him when I chose to and you tell me I was wrong for explaining this to him.