Moderator: Moderators

moment_of_faith
Banned
Banned

'Hi, deliver me from evil'

Post #1

Post by moment_of_faith »

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 68988.html

The Monsignor said he knew of one exorcist who had been seeing up to 120 people a day. “But with so little time per client he was only able to offer a quick blessing. That’s not enough,� he said. �There should be two to four appointments a day, no more, otherwise it’s too much.�

It’s not clear why the number of suspected possessions has risen so sharply. But Monsignor Mascheroni said that part of the increase might be explained by the rising numbers of parents having difficulty controlling disobedient teenagers.

This are demons " Fallen Angels" and they will get worse. They know they only have a short time and they want to take as many as they can with them. Again this is why you are seeing the increase in mental illness " Bi-Polar " DEMONS

Divine Insight
Savant

Re: 'Hi, deliver me from evil'

Post #2

Post by Divine Insight »

Mental illness is mental illness. It's not caused by imaginary boogieman.

Those are ignorant myths from the dark ages and the days when men used to nail people to poles, or burn witches on stakes, because of their superstitious beliefs in demons and gods. :roll:

It's bad enough that we still have people today blowing themselves and others up in the name of their God. And we still see people like the Taliban and others using their ancient beliefs to degrade women, and even shoot 14 year old girls for protesting against their extreme male-chauvinism and abuse of women.

And here you are supporting that kind of ignorance by suggesting that mental illness is caused by demons. :roll:

This is the 21st century, it's time to move beyond these ancient superstitions. There are no demons or demigods that you need to be saved from. On the contrary, what much of the world needs to be saved from is precisely this kind of ancient superstitious thinking.

moment_of_faith
Banned
Banned

Post #3

Post by moment_of_faith »

Divine Insight wrote: Mental illness is mental illness. It's not caused by imaginary boogieman.

Those are ignorant myths from the dark ages and the days when men used to nail people to poles, or burn witches on stakes, because of their superstitious beliefs in demons and gods. :roll:

It's bad enough that we still have people today blowing themselves and others up in the name of their God. And we still see people like the Taliban and others using their ancient beliefs to degrade women, and even shoot 14 year old girls for protesting against their extreme male-chauvinism and abuse of women.

And here you are supporting that kind of ignorance by suggesting that mental illness is caused by demons. :roll:

This is the 21st century, it's time to move beyond these ancient superstitions. There are no demons or demigods that you need to be saved from. On the contrary, what much of the world needs to be saved from is precisely this kind of ancient superstitious thinking.

First off Yes I am -- second off they killed the girl not because of demons.

Now the lord tells us we are not fighting flesh and blood but evil spirits in heavenly places.

I understand I'm new to this site but I have been telling people for years it will get worse and if you look over the last few years it has. Also these people are coming to them asking for help. They are claiming to have a demon.

Choir Loft
Banned
Banned

Post #4

Post by Choir Loft »

moment_of_faith wrote: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 68988.html

The Monsignor said he knew of one exorcist who had been seeing up to 120 people a day. “But with so little time per client he was only able to offer a quick blessing. That’s not enough,� he said. �There should be two to four appointments a day, no more, otherwise it’s too much.�

It’s not clear why the number of suspected possessions has risen so sharply. But Monsignor Mascheroni said that part of the increase might be explained by the rising numbers of parents having difficulty controlling disobedient teenagers.

This are demons " Fallen Angels" and they will get worse. They know they only have a short time and they want to take as many as they can with them. Again this is why you are seeing the increase in mental illness " Bi-Polar " DEMONS
You need to get your facts straight, brother.

The lead post is more confusing than tumbleweeds in a tornado. Demons and bi-polar mental cases all mixed up into a kind of spiritual psychological slurry not suitable for comic books or supermarket tabloids much less a pseudo serious discussion about the human condition. You need to stick to one confused subject at a time, brother.

A bi-polar condition is complicated. It used to be called manic depression because the sufferer vacillates between the emotional lows of depression and extreme elation. Basically its violent mood swings or what is referred to as 'rapid cycling'.

Some interpreters of scripture believe that King Saul suffered from the affliction. If you read the chronicle of his latter days it sounds very much like an extreme sort of mood disorder. The man certainly didn't have his crown screwed on very tight.

Take a big leap backwards to your first statement about possessions.

The biggest difference between demonic influence and physical disorders is that although the latter can be chronic, in many cases it can be managed by therapy and medication. A demonic possession cannot be 'cured' by any medication or therapy known to man. It can only be eradicated by the application of the blood of Christ.

God has provided a 'chain of command' for dealing with life. If you want to learn something you go to a teacher. If you want to hear pleasant music you turn to a musician. If you are sick you go to a doctor. God has provided people with talent, training and experience in these fields for a reason. The reason is for the health and well being of the community. In most cases, you cannot jump the chain of command and expect a miracle. If a man acts erratically you take him to a doctor. If the doc can't help him, the problem may be spiritual.

In most cases you will not be able to solve a problem by getting free advice from a priest or minister. Most of the time you've got to ante up and pay for professional help. That's the way things are done.

Spiritually, there's a lot of confusion about the difference between demonic possession and demonic influence. The confusion comes from watching too many Hollywood spook movies. If you've only got two hours to tell a story, you've got to cut corners on the truth somewhere. Sometimes quite a lot.

Demonic influence may also be called temptation. This is when a spiritual influence apart from the human tries to get the human to sin against God's law. Jesus experienced this sort of demonic influence several times.

Demonic possession is described in scripture as when a persons body is completely operated by the spiritual host. Think of a man playing a piano. Suddenly a gorilla pushes him to one side and begins banging away on the piano. The piano player is no longer playing and is forced to sit to one side and watch the ape abuse the piano. In reality, the piano is a man's body and the piano player is the man's human spirit. The gorilla plays the part of a demon in my metaphor.

No power on earth can cure demonic possession. Whatever you saw in the movies or the X-Files TV show is bogus. Only the blood of Jesus can do that.

First question last and that is to ask why so much is happening today. That is the simplest answer of all. Demons are attracted to sin. They're like flies attracted to spoiled meat. If you want to know why there's so much demonic activity - look to the increase in sin especially in the church. There's a lot of nasty games going on in dark corners these days and unclean spirits love it.(*)

This is a sign of the latter days - that men should love pleasure rather than God.

but that's just me, hollering from the choir loft...

(*) They're called 'unclean spirits' for a reason. If you've ever been touched by one you feel very tired and dirty - as though you need to take a shower and a nap afterwards.

The Holy Spirit is the opposite. If you've ever been touched by the Holy Spirit you feel as though you've been washed and energized.....renewed, which in fact is exactly what has happened.
R.I.P. AMERICAN REPUBLIC
[June 21, 1788 - October 26, 2001]

- Here lies Liberty -
Born in the spring,
died in the fall.
Stabbed in the back,
forsaken by all.