Obama Adm. Refuses Benefits to Victims of Hasan

Two hot topics for the price of one

Moderator: Moderators

East of Eden
Under Suspension

Obama Adm. Refuses Benefits to Victims of Hasan

Post #1

Post by East of Eden »

According to Obamathink, this wasn't terror, it was 'workplace violence'. Question for debate: Does anyone want to defend this lunacy?

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/fort-hood ... N41Qm80WSo
"We are fooling ourselves if we imagine that we can ever make the authentic Gospel popular......it is too simple in an age of rationalism; too narrow in an age of pluralism; too humiliating in an age of self-confidence; too demanding in an age of permissiveness; and too unpatriotic in an age of blind nationalism." Rev. John R.W. Stott, CBE

East of Eden
Under Suspension

Post #42

Post by East of Eden »

Wyvern wrote:"The manual states that the Purple Heart is awarded to service members who are killed or wounded "in action against an enemy of the United States; as the result of an act of any hostile foreign force; or as the result of an international terrorist attack against the United States, provided the Secretary of the military department concerned recognizes the attack as an international terrorist attack."I bolded the important parts for you so you don't miss it this time.
So why did the wounded soldiers "miss" it?
Notice according to the sources you provided a purple heart can be awarded either by an act from a hostile foreign force or an international terrorist attack. Hasan is not a hostile foreign force nor is he an international terrorist attack.
Nonsense, he clearly is, he is part of a hostile foreign jihad movement and had contacts with international terrorists when planning this. From Wikipedia:

"Two weeks after recommending no conclusions be drawn until after the investigation was completed, Senator Joe Lieberman called the shooting "the most destructive terrorist attack on America since September 11, 2001." Michael Scheuer, the retired former head of the Bin Laden Issue Station, and former U.S. Attorney General Michael Mukasey also described it as a terrorist attack. A group of soldiers and families have sought to have the defense secretary designate the shooting a "terrorist attack;" this would provide them with benefits equal to injuries in combat."
This was a domestic terrorist attack perpetrated by a hostile domestic force and as such does not qualify for a purple heart unless the secretary of the army makes a special exception.
There is nothing that says the attack must take place on foreign soil, as you seem to imagine.
To be technical both were hostile foreign forces, so you are wrong on that count.
Wrong, I don't think the South was ever recognized as a foreign force by the North, but rather as insurrectionists. Some Indians were US citizens as early as 1831.
By your definition he is as much of a terrorist as Hasan,
No he isn't, there you go making things up again.
Yes I have so much contempt for the military I joined up and served,
So did Maj. Hasan.
can you say the same?
No due to health reasons, son served in 101st Airborne, two cousins were Marine and Naval officers, and my uncle is a retired Navy captain, veteran of WWII-Vietnam, and former commanding officer of NAS Barbers Point, Hawaii. They agree with me on this issue.
"We are fooling ourselves if we imagine that we can ever make the authentic Gospel popular......it is too simple in an age of rationalism; too narrow in an age of pluralism; too humiliating in an age of self-confidence; too demanding in an age of permissiveness; and too unpatriotic in an age of blind nationalism." Rev. John R.W. Stott, CBE

Wyvern
Under Probation

Post #43

Post by Wyvern »

East of Eden wrote:
Wyvern wrote:"The manual states that the Purple Heart is awarded to service members who are killed or wounded "in action against an enemy of the United States; as the result of an act of any hostile foreign force; or as the result of an international terrorist attack against the United States, provided the Secretary of the military department concerned recognizes the attack as an international terrorist attack."I bolded the important parts for you so you don't miss it this time.
The only person missing it is you, even after I bolded the important parts you still missed it.
Notice according to the sources you provided a purple heart can be awarded either by an act from a hostile foreign force or an international terrorist attack. Hasan is not a hostile foreign force nor is he an international terrorist attack.
Nonsense, he clearly is, he is part of a hostile foreign jihad movement and had contacts with international terrorists when planning this.
Fine once you can come up with any documentation that shows this to be true I'm sure the paperwork will be started. Even the jihadist he had contact with was an american citizen also so he does not count as an international or foreign terrorist.
"Two weeks after recommending no conclusions be drawn until after the investigation was completed, Senator Joe Lieberman called the shooting "the most destructive terrorist attack on America since September 11, 2001." Michael Scheuer, the retired former head of the Bin Laden Issue Station, and former U.S. Attorney General Michael Mukasey also described it as a terrorist attack. A group of soldiers and families have sought to have the defense secretary designate the shooting a "terrorist attack;" this would provide them with benefits equal to injuries in combat."
Yes it was a terrorist attack, a domestic terrorist attack which does not at present fall within the criteria for a purple heart. Simply because you refuse to see in your own links that it says precisely that does not make it go away.
This was a domestic terrorist attack perpetrated by a hostile domestic force and as such does not qualify for a purple heart unless the secretary of the army makes a special exception.
There is nothing that says the attack must take place on foreign soil, as you seem to imagine.
You are correct but it does say that it has to come from a hostile foreign force, are you saying Hasan is not a US citizen and a member of the US army?
To be technical both were hostile foreign forces, so you are wrong on that count.
Wrong, I don't think the South was ever recognized as a foreign force by the North, but rather as insurrectionists. Some Indians were US citizens as early as 1831.
If such is the case then by your own logic noone should get a medal due to the fact this international jihadist movement of yours is not a recognized nation either
Why not?
So did Maj. Hasan.
I see how much contempt you have for us former members of the military
can you say the same?
No due to health reasons, son served in 101st Airborne, two cousins were Marine and Naval officers, and my uncle is a retired Navy captain, veteran of WWII-Vietnam, and former commanding officer of NAS Barbers Point, Hawaii. They agree with me on this issue.
So why do you go around showing your contempt for me then? You insist on making this a personal issue while from the start I have been telling you that I am doing nothing but simply explaining to you what the criteria states. You continually think what I think has some relevance in this issue, if you don't agree with the determination made by the army write your congressional representatives. It's obvious you are incapable of talking about any issue in a rational manner and insist on devolving every issue into a ad hominem attack against anyone that does not agree with you or even points out inconsistancies.

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #44

Post by JoeyKnothead »

From Post 42:
East of Eden wrote: No due to health reasons, son served in 101st Airborne, two cousins were Marine and Naval officers, and my uncle is a retired Navy captain, veteran of WWII-Vietnam, and former commanding officer of NAS Barbers Point, Hawaii. They agree with me on this issue.
Discounting any challenge to the referenced folks serving, I challenge you to offer some means by which we can confirm they agree with you on this issue.

1st challenge.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

East of Eden
Under Suspension

Post #45

Post by East of Eden »

Wyvern wrote:
East of Eden wrote:
The only person missing it is you, even after I bolded the important parts you still missed it.
Nonsense, he clearly is, he is part of a hostile foreign jihad movement and had contacts with international terrorists when planning this.
Fine once you can come up with any documentation that shows this to be true I'm sure the paperwork will be started. Even the jihadist he had contact with was an american citizen also so he does not count as an international or foreign terrorist.
Yes it was a terrorist attack, a domestic terrorist attack which does not at present fall within the criteria for a purple heart. Simply because you refuse to see in your own links that it says precisely that does not make it go away.
You are correct but it does say that it has to come from a hostile foreign force, are you saying Hasan is not a US citizen and a member of the US army?
If such is the case then by your own logic noone should get a medal due to the fact this international jihadist movement of yours is not a recognized nation either
Why not?
So did Maj. Hasan.
can you say the same?
So why do you go around showing your contempt for me then? You insist on making this a personal issue while from the start I have been telling you that I am doing nothing but simply explaining to you what the criteria states. You continually think what I think has some relevance in this issue, if you don't agree with the determination made by the army write your congressional representatives. It's obvious you are incapable of talking about any issue in a rational manner and insist on devolving every issue into a ad hominem attack against anyone that does not agree with you or even points out inconsistancies.
I'm sorry you think this is personal, as we've both said our pieces and I will be traveling through next week, it would probably be a good time to end here.

Wyvern
Under Probation

Post #46

Post by Wyvern »

East of Eden wrote:
Wyvern wrote:
East of Eden wrote:
Why not?
So did Maj. Hasan.
can you say the same?
I'm sorry you think this is personal, as we've both said our pieces and I will be traveling through next week, it would probably be a good time to end here.
Maybe if you would stop with the personal attacks I would not see it as personal. How do you think I am supposed to take it when you compare me to a murderer and a terrorist that you have described as scum. Does your son, uncle and two cousins that you say agree with you also know this is how you view military members?

East of Eden
Under Suspension

Post #47

Post by East of Eden »

Wyvern wrote:
East of Eden wrote:
Wyvern wrote:
East of Eden wrote:
Why not?
So did Maj. Hasan.
can you say the same?
Maybe if you would stop with the personal attacks I would not see it as personal. How do you think I am supposed to take it when you compare me to a murderer and a terrorist that you have described as scum. Does your son, uncle and two cousins that you say agree with you also know this is how you view military members?
My point was that just because you served does not make you an authority on these matters. If you're saying you don't have contempt for the military since you served, well OK then. I do think this is throwing our wounded military under the bus to further Obama's politically correct worldview.

micatala
Site Supporter

Post #48

Post by micatala »

Where is the evidence that Obama had anything to do with this decision? From what I can see, this is entirely within the military and they are following their own guidelines.

Why are we being subjected to yet another unwarranted smear on the President?
" . . . the line separating good and evil passes, not through states, nor between classes, nor between political parties either, but right through every human heart . . . ." Alexander Solzhenitsyn

East of Eden
Under Suspension

Post #49

Post by East of Eden »

micatala wrote: Where is the evidence that Obama had anything to do with this decision? From what I can see, this is entirely within the military and they are following their own guidelines.
And who is the Commander in Chief? Are you actually saying Obama has NO control over this?
Why are we being subjected to yet another unwarranted smear on the President?
What is the motivation of the wounded soldiers protesting this crazy decision? Is there anything Obama has done you disagree with?
:-k

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #50

Post by JoeyKnothead »

JoeyKnothead wrote: From Post 42:
East of Eden wrote: No due to health reasons, son served in 101st Airborne, two cousins were Marine and Naval officers, and my uncle is a retired Navy captain, veteran of WWII-Vietnam, and former commanding officer of NAS Barbers Point, Hawaii. They agree with me on this issue.
Discounting any challenge to the referenced folks serving, I challenge you to offer some means by which we can confirm they agree with you on this issue.

1st challenge.
2nd challenge.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

East of Eden
Under Suspension

Post #51

Post by East of Eden »

JoeyKnothead wrote:
JoeyKnothead wrote: From Post 42:

1st challenge.
2nd challenge.
I can assure you my relatives don't care about this forum, this thread, or your endless ridiculous challenges. If you think I'm going to bother my ailing 90-year old uncle over this, it ain't going to happen.

Should I challenge Wyvern to prove he was really in the military? If you think I'm making it up, don't read my posts.
:whistle: