Feedback and site usage questions

Moderator: Moderators

Passenger
Banned
Banned

MPG donation failes again

Post #1

Post by Passenger »

I've just tried to donate an amount to stubbornone. But it doesn't work as it hasn't worked several times before. The software here seems not to work correctly. Or is it because I use a Linux operated system? The access time is also too long here. But I think it's the forums software, because everywhere else I don't have any problems.

@ otseng: please check the adjustments or tell me what the reason could be. Thanks. :|

otseng
Savant

Re: MPG donation failes again

Post #2

Post by otseng »

Passenger wrote: please check the adjustments or tell me what the reason could be. Thanks. :|
Can you try different browsers?
If that doesn't work, try also a different computer.
If these also fail, then it might be something with your account.

LiamOS
Site Supporter

Post #3

Post by LiamOS »

Passenger wrote: I've just tried to donate an amount to stubbornone. But it doesn't work as it hasn't worked several times before. The software here seems not to work correctly. Or is it because I use a Linux operated system? The access time is also too long here. But I think it's the forums software, because everywhere else I don't have any problems.

@ otseng: please check the adjustments or tell me what the reason could be. Thanks. :|
What browser are you using, and what version is it? Also, what Linux distribution are you on?

Passenger
Banned
Banned

Post #4

Post by Passenger »

LiamOS wrote:
Passenger wrote: I've just tried to donate an amount to stubbornone. But it doesn't work as it hasn't worked several times before. The software here seems not to work correctly. Or is it because I use a Linux operated system? The access time is also too long here. But I think it's the forums software, because everywhere else I don't have any problems.

What browser are you using, and what version is it? Also, what Linux distribution are you on?
I'm using firefox 17.0.1+build1-Oubuntu 0.12.04.1 (updated version) and Ubuntu 11.10 / 32 bit version. But I've just tried to make a donation again, and now (surprisingly) it works. The same as before. Several attempts and at last it works.

otdeng: Can you try different browsers?
If that doesn't work, try also a different computer.
If these also fail, then it might be something with your account.

Yes, but only a few from the Oubuntu software center. Firefox is certainly the best choice, A different computer is not available, and I still have to work with my old lady hp compaq (nx 8220 series). But what could be wrong with the account? I didn't screw around with any adjustments... :confused2:

On the other hand: why should a computer program like a donator like me who goes always bankrupt and in whose hands money is melting?

LiamOS
Site Supporter

Post #5

Post by LiamOS »

if you're using a Firefox build for 12.04 on 11.10 you could be getting a lot of weird issues.
But at least it's working now.

Passenger
Banned
Banned

Post #6

Post by Passenger »

LiamOS wrote: if you're using a Firefox build for 12.04 on 11.10 you could be getting a lot of weird issues.
But at least it's working now.
Yes. Thanks for the information.