Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Justin108
Banned
Banned

Death of Babies

Post #1

Post by Justin108 »

As morbid as the title may be, there is something about this that has always confused me in the Christian dogma and that is the fate of dead babies.

Do dead babies go to heaven?

If your answer is no then God is sick and evil for sending innocent babies to hell for absolutely no fault of their own. Sadly enough, Mark 16:16 suggests this and makes no exception for babies.

If your answer is yes then there are several problems with that aswell:
1. It isn't supported by the Bible so this is but wishful thinking
2. Where is the fairness in it? A baby is born and dies and goes straight to heaven while the rest of us have a good chance of ending up in hell. Isn't it unfair for babies to get a sure thing by going straight to heaven? With this in mind, it would be even altruistic to kill a baby since you are saving them from potential hell?

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Re: Death of Babies

Post #2

Post by ttruscott »

Justin108 wrote: As morbid as the title may be, there is something about this that has always confused me in the Christian dogma and that is the fate of dead babies.

If your answer is no then God is sick and evil for sending innocent babies to hell for absolutely no fault of their own. Sadly enough, Mark 16:16 suggests this and makes no exception for babies.

2. Where is the fairness in it? A baby is born and dies and goes straight to heaven while the rest of us have a good chance of ending up in hell. Isn't it unfair for babies to get a sure thing by going straight to heaven? With this in mind, it would be even altruistic to kill a baby since you are saving them from potential hell?
Your assertion GOD is sick and evil rests upon your theory babies are innocent... a strawman at best because a majority of Christians do not believe them to be innocent.

So, instead of disparaging Christianity or GOD for this doctrine, a focus based upon a little research on those who actually believe it would frame the topic in a more realistic manner...

As well, proof babies are innocent and don't just look innocent is necessary before an answer is necessary, I do believe.

Peace, Ted
PCE Theology as I see it...

We had an existence with a free will in Sheol before the creation of the physical universe. Here we chose to be able to become holy or to be eternally evil in YHWH's sight. Then the physical universe was created and all sinners were sent to earth.

This theology debunks the need to base Christianity upon the blasphemy of creating us in Adam's sin.

Justin108
Banned
Banned

Post #3

Post by Justin108 »

ttruscott wrote:
Justin108 wrote: As morbid as the title may be, there is something about this that has always confused me in the Christian dogma and that is the fate of dead babies.

Your assertion GOD is sick and evil rests upon your theory babies are innocent... a strawman at best because a majority of Christians do not believe them to be innocent.

So, instead of disparaging Christianity or GOD for this doctrine, a focus based upon a little research on those who actually believe it would frame the topic in a more realistic manner...

As well, proof babies are innocent and don't just look innocent is necessary before an answer is necessary, I do believe.

Peace, Ted
Wow.

Ok here's a scenario: a baby is born prematurely and is very sickly. He lives for 3 days before he dies. In those three days of doing nothing but clinging on to dear life, what wrong did that baby do to be considered less than innocent?

Clownboat
Savant

Post #4

Post by Clownboat »

ttruscott wrote:

Peace, Ted
I am not able to comprehend what a new born baby may be guilty of. Please help me.

If this ties in to some pre birth philosophy, you can just say so. I'm not really interested in hearing more about those un-evidenced justification.
You can give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day, or you can teach a man to pray for fish and he will starve to death.

I blame man for codifying those rules into a book which allowed superstitious people to perpetuate a barbaric practice. Rules that must be followed or face an invisible beings wrath. - KenRU

It is sad that in an age of freedom some people are enslaved by the nomads of old. - Marco

If you are unable to demonstrate that what you believe is true and you absolve yourself of the burden of proof, then what is the purpose of your arguments? - brunumb

Justin108
Banned
Banned

Post #5

Post by Justin108 »

Clownboat wrote:
ttruscott wrote:

Peace, Ted
I am not able to comprehend what a new born baby may be guilty of. Please help me.

If this ties in to some pre birth philosophy, you can just say so. I'm not really interested in hearing more about those un-evidenced justification.
Wait this is the pre-existence guy? I keep forgetting which nutcase is which.

Dantalion
Guru

Post #6

Post by Dantalion »

I HOPE he's arguing about original sin...

At least that position is somewhat intelligible...

Rkrause
Guru

Post #7

Post by Rkrause »

The real answer is "we don't know". The Bible doesn't say.

Bust Nak
Savant

Post #8

Post by Bust Nak »

Justin108 wrote:Wait this is the pre-existence guy? I keep forgetting which nutcase is which.
Yes, he is the pre-existence guy, you have to admit, his theory handles your dilemma very well.

Justin108
Banned
Banned

Post #9

Post by Justin108 »

Rkrause wrote:

The real answer is "we don't know". The Bible doesn't say.
Then I suppose we must go with what the Bible DOES say which is unbelievers will be damned (Mark 16:16). Going by what the Bible does say, one would have to conclude that babies go to hell so I guess God is sick and evil.

Savant

Post #10

Post by 1213 »

Justin108 wrote: Do dead babies go to heaven?
Bible tells that righteous have eternal life. So if baby is righteous, he goes to eternal life.

These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.
Mat. 25:46

Are babies righteous? Maybe some, I don’t know. But I believe that God knows and judges righteously.