Tokens?

Feedback and site usage questions

Moderator: Moderators

Philbert

Tokens?

Post #1

Post by Philbert »

As a clueless newbie to this forum, I demand to know if hookers accept tokens as payment, or what other uses my little accumulating token pile might be put to? :-)

otseng
Savant

Post #2

Post by otseng »

Philbert

Post #3

Post by Philbert »

Thanks for the link. I have another dumb question. Could you perhaps explain what a user group is in a bit more detail? A section of the forum where I would control the content? Or? An example perhaps?

Thank you.

otseng
Savant

Post #4

Post by otseng »

A usergroup is primarily used to describe yourself. Some are also used to control access to various subforums.

The group "Amateur Astronomer" just means that I like to look at celestial objects.

The group "Bible Study Participant" is required to access the Bible Study subforum.

Philbert

Post #5

Post by Philbert »

Thank you for the further explanation.

Next question...

How many tokens would I need to be declared the Supreme Pontiff of this forum, requiring all to bow down before me and submit themselves to my holy authority? :-)

otseng
Savant

Post #6

Post by otseng »

Philbert wrote: How many tokens would I need to be declared the Supreme Pontiff of this forum, requiring all to bow down before me and submit themselves to my holy authority? :-)
McCulloch currently has 75093.90 tokens. So, it might take you awhile to catch up to him. ;)

Philbert

Post #7

Post by Philbert »

Two weeks tops, no problem. Get my glorious robes ready. :-)

Philbert

Post #8

Post by Philbert »

Only 74,000 tokens to go!

Philbert

Post #9

Post by Philbert »

Ok, I've decided that as a public service I will update this thread every time I get some tokens, so everybody will know what the latest status is. :-)

bluethread
Savant

Post #10

Post by bluethread »

Philbert wrote: Ok, I've decided that as a public service I will update this thread every time I get some tokens, so everybody will know what the latest status is. :-)
You might try making worth while contributions to the discussions on the various threads and then we can easily note your progress and prepare for the upcoming coup d'état. That being the case, the token system appears to emulate the political structure of the real world. That said, id it really "fair" that McCulloch has some 75000 tokens, while others have to wallow in abject poverty. Isn't it high time we established a Forum Security program that takes tokens from the 1% that don't "need" them and provides a minimum distribution to those who do not post. Is it really their fault that they are verbally challenged? Babblers of the world unite! :2gun: