Keithprosser3

Feedback and site usage questions

Moderator: Moderators

olavisjo
Site Supporter

Keithprosser3

Post #1

Post by olavisjo »

Keithprosser3 seems to be getting a lot of double posts, is there anything we can do to help him resolve this problem?

Here he post and then a full 20 minutes latter the double gets posted...

http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 824#598824

What is up with that?
"I believe in no religion. There is absolutely no proof for any of them, and from a philosophical standpoint Christianity is not even the best. All religions, that is, all mythologies to give them their proper name, are merely man’s own invention..."

C.S. Lewis

olavisjo
Site Supporter

Re: Keithprosser3

Post #2

Post by olavisjo »

Here is a post that took a full 29 minutes before the double appeared.

http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 344#599344

-----------------------------------------------
I think you would ne totally correct if you had. Where is the 640nm light if one merely dreams about owning a Ferrari 458 (which is the case with me, unforunately).
-----------------------------------------------

The double post came before the edits, so it was not caused by the editing.
"I believe in no religion. There is absolutely no proof for any of them, and from a philosophical standpoint Christianity is not even the best. All religions, that is, all mythologies to give them their proper name, are merely man’s own invention..."

C.S. Lewis

olavisjo
Site Supporter

Post #3

Post by olavisjo »

keithprosser3 wrote: .. I think its the back button causing my multiple posts. Sorry 'bout that.
Could be, I wonder if it will do that for me.

After I post this I will hit the back button and see if it will post a double.

C.S. Lewis

olavisjo
Site Supporter

Post #4

Post by olavisjo »

olavisjo wrote: After I post this I will hit the back button and see if it will post a double.
Nothing, I even edited the previous post and no double.

This phenomena is not reproducible, at least not by my browser.

C.S. Lewis

olavisjo
Site Supporter

Post #5

Post by olavisjo »

C.S. Lewis

olavisjo
Site Supporter

Post #6

Post by olavisjo »

C.S. Lewis

Angel

Post #7

Post by Angel »

olavisjo wrote: .
Keithprosser3 seems to be getting a lot of double posts, is there anything we can do to help him resolve this problem?

Here he post and then a full 20 minutes latter the double gets posted...

http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 824#598824

What is up with that?
This has happened to me before. It usually happens after I hit the 'submit' button to submit a post. My cellphone or computer sometimes takes a long time to take me to the next screen where I can see my published post so I end up 'refreshing' the page in hopes that it will speed up the processing of my post. Then I find a double post.

What I do now is that I open another tab while the forum is taking a while to publish my post, and I get on to the forum on that 2nd tab or even on another computer that I have. I check to see if my post went though and surprisingly 50% of the time I see my post published on the 2nd computer while the 1st computer shows that it's still processing to submit my post. So of course after I see it published on my 2nd computer, I don't hit the refresh button so that I don't double post somehow.

AdHoc
Guru

Post #8

Post by AdHoc »

keithprosser3 wrote: .. I think its the back button causing my multiple posts. Sorry 'bout that.

The back button has caused a lot of my double posts... Just so ya know you're not alone. What with all your multiple post disorder thing and all.

Nickman
Site Supporter

Post #9

Post by Nickman »

AdHoc wrote:

The back button has caused a lot of my double posts... Just so ya know you're not alone. What with all your multiple post disorder thing and all.
I second the "back button theory." If my tablet screws up on a post, ill back out of it and then go back into it and what do you know, double posts.

keithprosser3

Post #10

Post by keithprosser3 »

It never used to happen but I recently switched to Chrome... what are other using?