Feedback and site usage questions

Moderator: Moderators

10CC
Banned
Banned

Banning Joey Knothead.

Post #1

Post by 10CC »

Is absolutely a pathetic reaction and indictment of the mods.
I've had my say. Honesty is verboten is the message being sent, IMO. (sorry no humble)
I'll tell you everything I've learned...................
and LOVE is all he said

-The Boy With The Moon and Star On His Head-Cat Stevens.

olavisjo
Site Supporter

Post #11

Post by olavisjo »

Philbert wrote: If any of you wish to get in touch with Joey Knothead, I heard he's a capo with the Gambino crime family on the Lower East Side.

Joey Knothead, what a great name!
His name used to be JoeyKnuccione.

I think he won the "most improved debater" more than anyone else, and he had room to win it a few more times. He was a pain at times but how can you not like him.
"I believe in no religion. There is absolutely no proof for any of them, and from a philosophical standpoint Christianity is not even the best. All religions, that is, all mythologies to give them their proper name, are merely man’s own invention..."

C.S. Lewis

AdHoc
Guru

Post #12

Post by AdHoc »

I'm in shock.

I can't believe he's gone. Great wit, great accent, great avatar... He will be missed.

help3434
Guru

Post #13

Post by help3434 »

[Replying to post 12 by AdHoc]

Goat is using a penguin avatar now.

olavisjo
Site Supporter

Post #14

Post by olavisjo »

help3434 wrote: [Replying to post 12 by AdHoc]

Goat is using a penguin avatar now.
It is no simple penguin, he is a Tux.

A tribute to Joey, why not.
"I believe in no religion. There is absolutely no proof for any of them, and from a philosophical standpoint Christianity is not even the best. All religions, that is, all mythologies to give them their proper name, are merely man’s own invention..."

C.S. Lewis

otseng
Savant

Post #15

Post by otseng »

[Replying to olavisjo]

Perhaps someone should start a "Tribute to Joey" thread? :-k

Lux
Site Supporter

Post #16

Post by Lux »

As a user, I'll miss Joey terribly. He was quite simply the funniest user of the forum, as well as one of the smartest and most genuinely interested in learning from others, far as I could tell.

As a moderator, though... I mean... of course we look at people who are under probation more closely. They are not under probation by coincidence, they're there because they've already been given several warnings.
[center]Image

© Divine Insight (Thanks!)[/center]

"There is more room for a god in science than there is for no god in religious faith." -Phil Plate.

Cathar1950
Site Supporter

Post #17

Post by Cathar1950 »

[Replying to post 15 by otseng]

One idea is to make banning temporary, I really have a hard time believing he did something worthy of banning.
I see a number of good and interesting members leave us.

Atheists can be every bit as gruff as theists can be insulting, especially classical theist with their Greek unmoved mover.

I just think we should reconsider some rules on banning.
I also am not taking sides, rules are rules of course but they should be ones we can all live by and they should be flexible and pleasant.

assisigirl
Guru

Post #18

Post by assisigirl »

ref:Our Lady, a testable Prophetess of Islam

This is the moment when I disclosed to Joey, that I had been winding him up on a bogus thread for almost a week, Look at the grace and good humour contained within the post and contrast it to the vitriol of most of the thread. O:) Post 12,13,14.

Nickman
Site Supporter

Post #19

Post by Nickman »

Cathar1950 wrote: [Replying to post 15 by otseng]

One idea is to make banning temporary, I really have a hard time believing he did something worthy of banning.
I see a number of good and interesting members leave us.

Atheists can be every bit as gruff as theists can be insulting, especially classical theist with their Greek unmoved mover.

I just think we should reconsider some rules on banning.
I also am not taking sides, rules are rules of course but they should be ones we can all live by and they should be flexible and pleasant.
I favor temporary banning for those that are not Poes, Trolls, or just plain unruly. Joey was a contributing member, more than that, for years. He was a pioneer on this forum.

Tired of the Nonsense
Site Supporter

Post #20

Post by Tired of the Nonsense »

I am calling on all JoeyKnothead fans to join the "Appreciate JoeyK" user group, and to wear it as a black band of protest over the expulsion of JoeyK. Even though it seems to me that Joey went way out of his way to purposely get himself expelled from the forum. Maybe it represented a feeble call for help, and a drastic yet necessary step on his part in an attempt to actually get a life. A thought which should concern all the rest of us. Coincidentally, today is my fourth year anniversary as a member of the forum.
Image "The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this." -- Albert Einstein -- Written in 1954 to Jewish philosopher Erik Gutkind.