Feedback and site usage questions

Moderator: Moderators

JohnA
Banned
Banned

External references - insults

Post #1

Post by JohnA »

Can a user post an external link (or reference to a book) to insult another user?
Is this tactic allowed?
Why would this not result in a Warning against the user that employs this tactic, especially when this user keeps on doing it?

keithprosser3

Post #2

Post by keithprosser3 »

Not intended as an insult, but as cautionary advice.

You are taking things far too seriously. Chill out, bro.

JohnA
Banned
Banned

Post #3

Post by JohnA »

keithprosser3 wrote: Not intended as an insult, but as cautionary advice.

You are taking things far too seriously. Chill out, bro.

Keith,
Proving a line of a play to insult me, inferring that I'm idiot that has nothing to say is not something that I will skim over. Especially when mods are giving me unnecessary warnings/comments due to a clear personal prejudice; admitting that I am being targeted, ignoring other people breaking the rules and trolling me, ignoring my request for assistance.

This a known tactic of yours. You have done this a few times now to me. Why should this be allowed? Why should I get penalized with a personal attack when I refer to a 3rd fictitious person, but you can use this tactic and get away with it?

I am being targeted and being trolled. Mods are not helping me. All I can do is voice this in the open. When I did this before (posted an insulting pm/e-mail that user Danmark sent me), I ended up getting a warning for that.

How is that fair?

How is your back hand tactical insults fair?
How is Danmark's backhand insults fair?

How can users like Danmark troll me and get away with it?
How can Danmark make repeated unsupported illogical claims, and insult me directly and I get penalized indirectly for it?
Nickman insulted me, called me neurotic, but his post was approved by a mod. Is that fair?
NENB (no evidence no belief) insulted me ass well, but his post was approved by a mod. Is that fair?

Something is wrong here. And all I can do is bring out these facts and let people explain it to me.

Your answer of talking it too seriously is not a good one, because there are penalties being issues to me which will result in me being banned. The irony is that there is nothing that I can do to stop my posts from being target and me receiving unfair treatment, NOTHING. I have to resort to this now and open up and call out these, I have no choice. My guess is that this would not help me either, given your water of the ducks back response of "it is JohnA's fault - he takes it too serious". I find that disgusting, to be honest here. And it says more about you than it does about me.

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #4

Post by Divine Insight »

JohnA wrote: How can users like Danmark troll me and get away with it?
How can Danmark make repeated unsupported illogical claims, and insult me directly and I get penalized indirectly for it?
Nickman insulted me, called me neurotic, but his post was approved by a mod. Is that fair?
NENB (no evidence no belief) insulted me ass well, but his post was approved by a mod. Is that fair?

Something is wrong here. And all I can do is bring out these facts and let people explain it to me.
I don't really want to get involved in this drama rant. However, since you asked for people to explain things to you, I feel justified in offering my explanation.

You say that you have been insulted by Keithprosser3, Danmark, Nickman, NENB, but all of these posters are of the highest integrity. I've been reading their posts in general for months, if not years in some cases. Danmark and Keithprosser3 have both been nominated for "Best Debater", and I firmly support those nominations.

It's hard for me to imagine that you are suddenly being insulted by the some of the best debaters on this forum without just cause. If you have this many great debaters offering you less than complimentary replies I would suggest that the problem lies with you, and not with them.

As as second observation, I have also had lengthy discussions with you in the past myself, and IMHO, you were the one who was quick to sling the insults at me. I also felt that you were trolling me at the time. I didn't report it because I chose instead to just handle you directly myself. So you'll get no sympathy from me.

If you have that many great posters that you claim are insulting you, and you ask what's "wrong", I would suggest that you do a little introspection on the matter.

That's my explanation since you were kind enough to ask.
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

JohnA
Banned
Banned

Post #5

Post by JohnA »

Divine Insight wrote:

I don't really want to get involved in this drama rant. However, since you asked for people to explain things to you, I feel justified in offering my explanation.

You say that you have been insulted by Keithprosser3, Danmark, Nickman, NENB, but all of these posters are of the highest integrity. I've been reading their posts in general for months, if not years in some cases. Danmark and Keithprosser3 have both been nominated for "Best Debater", and I firmly support those nominations.

It's hard for me to imagine that you are suddenly being insulted by the some of the best debaters on this forum without just cause. If you have this many great debaters offering you less than complimentary replies I would suggest that the problem lies with you, and not with them.

As as second observation, I have also had lengthy discussions with you in the past myself, and IMHO, you were the one who was quick to sling the insults at me. I also felt that you were trolling me at the time. I didn't report it because I chose instead to just handle you directly myself. So you'll get no sympathy from me.

If you have that many great posters that you claim are insulting you, and you ask what's "wrong", I would suggest that you do a little introspection on the matter.

Are you saying I have no evidence? Even after Keith indirectly admitted?
You are now blaming me for their behaviour? How is that logical? You also insulted me, called me a liar twice, and got no warning for that, but the mods closed that thread because you did not want to stop your slanderous insulting rant (nor only on me, but another poster as well).

Your 'mystical' explanation announce makes no sense.

JohnA
Banned
Banned

Post #6

Post by JohnA »

Divine Insight wrote:

Are you saying that this tactic of Keith should be allowed?

Are you saying I have no evidence for my calims? Even after Keith indirectly admitted?

You are now blaming me for their behavior? How is that logical?

You also insulted me, called me a liar twice, and got no warning for that, but the mods closed that thread (http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... highlight=)because you did not want to stop your slanderous insulting rant (not only on me, but on another poster (scourge99) as well - why did you do this after the mods commented that it is getting to personal?).

Your 'mystical' explanation above makes no sense. And I know you get upset when I point this out. And yes, I do not know why you get upset when I point out faulty logic and reasoning. It is the same with Keith. He pushed me into answering questions that I already did, and then he decided to quote mine me, to straw man me and his tactic of doing it is to post a one line MacBeth play instigating that I am an idiot and have nothing to say. And the way he justifies that is to say I am taking it too serious. And he get's nominated has for been nominated for "Best Debater"? That is why I am asking this question. Is this type tactic allowed? And you have NOT answered my question.

On Danmark:
He starts making illogical claims when he does not want to agree with me because I show his reasoning faulty. At least you try and defend you illogical claims. All Danmark offers is accusations (straw man), empty claims (assertion fallacies), and insults (ad hominems). That is a typical trial lawyer (and you can gues if it is prosecution or defense - so typical). That is a clear biased grounded in an obscure obtuse reason filter. I have to say, his insults are tactful. Sending a person message, referring to me in his posts to other people, making a MPG donation when NENB insults me. And by referring I mean, INSULTING me, not stating any positives. How are these tactics ethical? And for that you say he is a good debater? Really? That is mystical rubbish DI. Why should his back hand insults be allowed. Why should he be allowed to mock theists when he says there is insufficient evidence for a non-existing god because Jesus appeared to him and said he is not a god. Does Danmark really believe this? Or is this just something that he uses to mock theists? I debated an omniscience/free-will paradox with Danmark and showed that it is indeed a paradox. And Danmark, instead of agreeing that I showed his logic faulty just went: This god does not exist... there is NO free will. I then asked Danmark how he knows there are no free-will. And he gave no answer, but he did instigate his tactful play insulting me, straw manning me, stating that it is a waste of time debating about this non-existing god whilst he continues debating it with other users.
Same thing with 'show me the evidence' thread. I stated that there can not be evidence for the bible god because the definition of faith says there is no evidence. Danmark disagrees, and offered a definition of evidence. I showed him that his own definition of evidence supports my point because the evidence needs to be relevant to the claim. That is besides the fact that faith says by entomological study that it is based on no evidence. And he offers his personal encounter with this Jesus saying that he said he is not a god. I find that disturbing, that is tactful mocking, that is contradictory. Why can't he just admit that his logic is faulty? Why launch an attack by trolling me just because I debated him in two different thread and ties the string of his illogical claims together. And the irony is that he has never once came out and denied his claims. But he refuses to defend these claims. But he is great at making straw man accusations on me, and even better as his sneaking tactics to insult me and infuriate me. And he get's nominated has for been nominated for "Best Debater"? That is why I am asking this question. Is this type tactic allowed? And you have NOT answered my question.

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #7

Post by Divine Insight »

JohnA wrote: You also insulted me, called me a liar twice, and got no warning for that
I called you a liar because you were making up lies about me on a personal level.

In fact, you evaded the debate issues in favor of constantly making false accusations about me on a personal level.

I have absolutely no sympathy for you at all. If you treated these other gentleman the same way you treated me, then I'm not the slightest bit surprised that they gave you some of your own medicine.

The mere fact that you seem to be having problems with multiple members, three of which were nominated for "Best Debater", speaks volumes of where the problem actually lies here.
Last edited by Divine Insight on Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

OnceConvinced
Savant

Re: External references - insults

Post #8

Post by OnceConvinced »

JohnA wrote: Can a user post an external link (or reference to a book) to insult another user?
Is this tactic allowed?
Why would this not result in a Warning against the user that employs this tactic, especially when this user keeps on doing it?

Christians do it all the time withhe bible.

eg:
A fool says in his heart there is no God
casting Pearls before swine.

That sort of stuff. To me that is an abhominem attack and violates the rules.

Society and its morals evolve and will continue to evolve. The bible however remains the same and just requires more and more apologetics and claims of "metaphors" and "symbolism" to justify it.

Prayer is like rubbing an old bottle and hoping that a genie will pop out and grant you three wishes.

There is much about this world that is mind boggling and impressive, but I see no need whatsoever to put it down to magical super powered beings.

Check out my website: Recker's World

JohnA
Banned
Banned

Post #9

Post by JohnA »

Divine Insight wrote:
JohnA wrote: You also insulted me, called me a liar twice, and got no warning for that
I called you a liar because you were making up lies about me on a personal level.

In fact, you evaded the debate issues in favor of constantly making false accusations about me on a personal level.

I have absolutely no sympathy for you at all. If you treated these other gentleman the same way you treated me, then I'm not the slightest bit surprised that they gave you some of your own medicine.

The mere fact that you seem to be having problems with multiple members, three of which were nominated for "Best Debater", speaks volumes of where the problem actually lies here.
Actually no.
Many people do have issue with you as well. Where do you think I got the fact that you are being an obscurantist from?
\
Your appeal to population is a fallacy. You need to show where I am wrong, where my evidence is evidence for other things.

And you took and twisted what I wrote into a personal thing because you were not happy when multiple user pointed out your obscurantism. The thread is there for people to read and make up their own minds.

And you still have not answered my questions that I asked you. Why is that DI? Why does emotion always seem to get in the way of just answering the questions. What does this say?

help3434
Guru

Post #10

Post by help3434 »

I see a lot of projection on your part JohnA. I have seen you several times attack another poster, and then accuse them of engaging in ad hominem. Also much of your posts are in barely coherent English and when when another poster (understandably) misunderstands you, you accuse them of straw manning you. These things make communicating with you frustrating to say the least.