If I can't forgive you, should I leave this place?

Feedback and site usage questions

Moderator: Moderators

99percentatheism
Banned
Banned

If I can't forgive you, should I leave this place?

Post #1

Post by 99percentatheism »

I have been here for quite some time now. I claim to be a Christian. That declaration means something. I have seen what I would define as abject unfairness to Christians here. Unless of course you are a liberal or progressive religionist.

The Orthodox, historic voice of Christian reality is so attacked here, (and that attack seems welcomed and encouraged by the "powers that be" here), I see hardly a way to forgive the authorties for allowing the persecutions to continue without cease.

Where are these so-called civil and respectful, intelligent, thoughtful and challenging discussions? It is a Christian-bash fest here. If you do not kowtow to progressive and humanistic morality, that attack is simply like a pack of wolves on a lamb. And Darwin forbid if the lamb fights back in kind.

If "I" cannot find a way to forgive the attacks on me over and over and over again, should I leave, or continue being denigrated in concert from so many different yet connected sides?

What good is a so-called "debate" when there is none?

Divine Insight
Savant

Re: If I can't forgive you, should I leave this place?

Post #2

Post by Divine Insight »

From your subtitle for this thread:

The evil meted out to Christians here is staggering.

Could you be more specific regarding this charge?

I personally think there is a huge difference between commenting on an ancient religion that appears to be highly contradictory and unsubstantiated versus meting out evil toward "Christians".

Christianity causes its followers to accuse others of "rejecting God" and "being sinners", etc., often for merely not agreeing with Christian views on these ancient Hebrew fables.

Christianity is, by it's very nature, a highly accusatory religion that degrades and puts down non-Christians if only by the simple fact that it has absolutely no respect for their rejection of these ancient fables.

My position is as follows:

There exist ancient rumors about a supposed jealous God who will condemn people if they refuse to accept and worship these rumors. These ancient rumors make horrible and degrading accusations toward all humans. I am a human. Therefore these ancient rumors are making hateful accusations toward me.

I have a right to defend myself from these hateful accusations by voicing my views of why I dismiss these rumors as having absolutely no credibility at all. I also point out that, IMHO, these ancient rumors are themselves highly immoral and IMHO, disgusting in many ways.

This is just my opinion about ancient male-chauvinistic rumors that had been created by a clearly patriarchal and barbaric society.

How does my disgust with these ancient rumors equate to "meting out evil toward Christians"?
99percentatheism wrote: What good is a so-called "debate" when there is none?
There would most likely be no "debate" require if the Christians weren't continually holding up these ancient rumors as being the "Word of God" and demanding that anyone who doesn't believe that they are the "Word of God" are somehow less than decent people who have turned against God and refuse to do what's right (just as these ancient rumors claim).

I wouldn't even bother "debating" Christianity if it wasn't the highly accusatory, evangelical, and proselyting religion that it is.

There would be no need to "debate" it, I would simply state that I don't believe it because I feel that it's highly immoral and absurd and my views would be accepted as being valid views for me, and I wouldn't be charged as being a "sinner who is refusing to accept God". :roll:

The only reason they need to be "debated" is because the Christians (certainly not all but definitely all the evangelical and proselyting Christians) refuse to respect my rejection of these ancient hateful and immoral rumors. No doubt because this is the stance of these ancient rumors.

As long as they are going to continue to insinuate that I'm doing something "wrong" by rejecting these rumors, then I'm going to speak out on why I believe these rumors to be absolutely unreliable man-made superstitions that aren't even moral.

How does that amount to meting out evil toward Christians? :-k

What do you expect people to do? Agree with this highly accusatory and immoral rumors? I'm not about to do that. These Hebrew rumors are highly immoral and I'll never agree with them.

That's my position on that.

This has nothing at all to do with "meting out evil" toward Christians.

In fact, aren't the Christians the ones who are "meting out evil" toward the Non-Christians? They are the ones who are accusing the non-Christians and atheists of being less than decent people who have chosen evil over good. That is a hateful accusation IMHO.

The non-Christians and atheists never accuse the Christians themselves of being indecent people who have chosen evil over good. On the contrary, they simply state that they don't believe in ancient unproven rumors and see no reason to accept the arguments of the Christians that those rumors should be respected.

In other words, I'll respect your views for you when you respect my views for me. Until then I don't see where anyone is "meting out evil" but the Evangelical and Proselytizing type of Christians themselves.
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

Wootah
Savant

Post #3

Post by Wootah »

[Replying to post 1 by 99percentatheism]

Personally I think the Internet represents 'the wild'.

People posting anonymously post more freely, like a drunk talking more honestly, and when you hear it back at you, you are hearing what the minds of the strangers on the street think but do not say.

We, all of us, are enemies of God first and you sir are in battle. There is a hope here that through enforcing civility, we force people to think and not just rage, but that is optimistic but it is better than my experiences elsewhere.

Hopefully my time here equips me with questions I might get in real life and the answers I hope to give.

Whether this is the wisest way to fight for you is perhaps best reserved as a discussion between yourself and God.

Angel

Post #4

Post by Angel »

99percentatheism wrote: I have been here for quite some time now. I claim to be a Christian. That declaration means something. I have seen what I would define as abject unfairness to Christians here. Unless of course you are a liberal or progressive religionist.

The Orthodox, historic voice of Christian reality is so attacked here, (and that attack seems welcomed and encouraged by the "powers that be" here), I see hardly a way to forgive the authorties for allowing the persecutions to continue without cease.

Where are these so-called civil and respectful, intelligent, thoughtful and challenging discussions? It is a Christian-bash fest here. If you do not kowtow to progressive and humanistic morality, that attack is simply like a pack of wolves on a lamb. And Darwin forbid if the lamb fights back in kind.

If "I" cannot find a way to forgive the attacks on me over and over and over again, should I leave, or continue being denigrated in concert from so many different yet connected sides?

What good is a so-called "debate" when there is none?
Do you have a purely secular argument to support your claim that marriage should ONLY consist of a man and woman?

I believe that's part of the problem here. People don't see religion as a logical and/or evidential reason to ban consensual same-sex marriages and consensual polygamy for that matter.

Here's one thread:
Make a purely secular argument for 1 woman & 1 man.
]

Nilloc James
Site Supporter

Post #5

Post by Nilloc James »

Are you sure you are being unfairly bashed? Or do people respond in a tone and level appropriate?

Are you confusing people stating disagreement with personal attacks?

99percentatheism
Banned
Banned

Post #6

Why is there over 90-views and why are non Mods answering me? There are only a handful of Mods right?

I thought I posed this question to the Mod board members? Not the mob.

The first reply to my post was a good example of the persecution we Christians face here. It seems almost to be celebrated. Certainly it's a fine display of the ubiquitous vitriol Christians face now from our empowered adversaries. And of course, what's truly fascinating, is that there is a call from the anti Christians for civility as they simply taunt us, denigrate us and bash us like school yard bullies, and then complain that they were wounded by scuffing their knuckles on the bones in our faces.

Did Nero cry outrage when splashed by the blood of the Christians?

99percentatheism
Banned
Banned

Post #7

Divine Insight wrote: From your subtitle for this thread:

The evil meted out to Christians here is staggering.

Could you be more specific regarding this charge?

I personally think there is a huge difference between commenting on an ancient religion that appears to be highly contradictory and unsubstantiated versus meting out evil toward "Christians".

Christianity causes its followers to accuse others of "rejecting God" and "being sinners", etc., often for merely not agreeing with Christian views on these ancient Hebrew fables.

Christianity is, by it's very nature, a highly accusatory religion that degrades and puts down non-Christians if only by the simple fact that it has absolutely no respect for their rejection of these ancient fables.

My position is as follows:

There exist ancient rumors about a supposed jealous God who will condemn people if they refuse to accept and worship these rumors. These ancient rumors make horrible and degrading accusations toward all humans. I am a human. Therefore these ancient rumors are making hateful accusations toward me.

I have a right to defend myself from these hateful accusations by voicing my views of why I dismiss these rumors as having absolutely no credibility at all. I also point out that, IMHO, these ancient rumors are themselves highly immoral and IMHO, disgusting in many ways.

This is just my opinion about ancient male-chauvinistic rumors that had been created by a clearly patriarchal and barbaric society.

How does my disgust with these ancient rumors equate to "meting out evil toward Christians"?
99percentatheism wrote: What good is a so-called "debate" when there is none?
There would most likely be no "debate" require if the Christians weren't continually holding up these ancient rumors as being the "Word of God" and demanding that anyone who doesn't believe that they are the "Word of God" are somehow less than decent people who have turned against God and refuse to do what's right (just as these ancient rumors claim).

I wouldn't even bother "debating" Christianity if it wasn't the highly accusatory, evangelical, and proselyting religion that it is.

There would be no need to "debate" it, I would simply state that I don't believe it because I feel that it's highly immoral and absurd and my views would be accepted as being valid views for me, and I wouldn't be charged as being a "sinner who is refusing to accept God". :roll:

The only reason they need to be "debated" is because the Christians (certainly not all but definitely all the evangelical and proselyting Christians) refuse to respect my rejection of these ancient hateful and immoral rumors. No doubt because this is the stance of these ancient rumors.

As long as they are going to continue to insinuate that I'm doing something "wrong" by rejecting these rumors, then I'm going to speak out on why I believe these rumors to be absolutely unreliable man-made superstitions that aren't even moral.

How does that amount to meting out evil toward Christians? :-k

What do you expect people to do? Agree with this highly accusatory and immoral rumors? I'm not about to do that. These Hebrew rumors are highly immoral and I'll never agree with them.

That's my position on that.

This has nothing at all to do with "meting out evil" toward Christians.

In fact, aren't the Christians the ones who are "meting out evil" toward the Non-Christians? They are the ones who are accusing the non-Christians and atheists of being less than decent people who have chosen evil over good. That is a hateful accusation IMHO.

The non-Christians and atheists never accuse the Christians themselves of being indecent people who have chosen evil over good. On the contrary, they simply state that they don't believe in ancient unproven rumors and see no reason to accept the arguments of the Christians that those rumors should be respected.

In other words, I'll respect your views for you when you respect my views for me. Until then I don't see where anyone is "meting out evil" but the Evangelical and Proselytizing type of Christians themselves.
If I answer this the way it deserves, I will be banned by the end of the day. But the vitriol in your lengthy bash piece is typical I must say.

tokutter
Site Supporter

Post #8

Post by tokutter »

99percentatheism wrote: Why is there over 90-views and why are non Mods answering me? There are only a handful of Mods right?

The first reply to my post was a good example of the persecution we Christians face here. It seems almost to be celebrated. Certainly it's a fine display of the ubiquitous vitriol Christians face now from our empowered adversaries. And of course, what's truly fascinating, is that there is a call from the anti Christians for civility as they simply taunt us, denigrate us and bash us like school yard bullies, and then complain that they were wounded by scuffing their knuckles on the bones in our faces.

99 This is a DEBATING christianity site......there are opposing views of christianity

The problem is your conditioning

Anything short of your getting your way about everything or anyone disagreeing with you and your being persecuted.

You want to blame somebody, blame your handlers

Goat
Site Supporter

Post #9

Post by Goat »

I find that quite often, how people treat others is the way they get treated in return.

If you find that people are being 'hateful', consistantly to you, perhaps, it is time to look at your own behavior, and seeing if your own behavior is not being reflected upon you.

Disagreement is not being hateful. Disagreement can be perfectly respectful. However, there are some gems of wisdom in the bible to consider when it comes to personal behavior, and how people respond.

Proverbs 15:1
A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.

Proverbs 15:18
A hot-tempered man stirs up dissension, but a patient man calms a quarrel.

Proverbs 14:29
A patient man has great understanding, but a quick-tempered man displays folly.

and from the New Testament.

Colossians 3:8
But now you must rid yourselves of all such things as these: anger, rage, malice, slander, and filthy language from your lips.
“What do you think science is? There is nothing magical about science. It is simply a systematic way for carefully and thoroughly observing nature and using consistent logic to evaluate results. So which part of that exactly do you disagree with? Do you disagree with being thorough? Using careful observation? Being systematic? Or using consistent logic?�

Steven Novella

99percentatheism
Banned
Banned

Post #10

tokutter wrote:
99percentatheism wrote: Why is there over 90-views and why are non Mods answering me? There are only a handful of Mods right?

99 This is a DEBATING christianity site......there are opposing views of christianity

The problem is your conditioning

Anything short of your getting your way about everything or anyone disagreeing with you and your being persecuted.

You want to blame somebody, blame your handlers

How fascinating that you present this site as a debating site with "opposing views of Christianity (though disrespectfully spelled with a small c) but we all have to have the exact same position.

How is that reasonable again?

I'm not sorry if I miss the logic of your homogenized kind of debate.

And actually, why am I responding to people who are not Mods? I addresseed this thread to the Mods.

Why am I being subjected to the same kind of persecution I get out in the common threads?

per·se·cu·tion
/ˌpərsəˈkyo͞oSHən/
noun
noun: persecution; plural noun: persecutions1. hostility and ill-treatment, esp. because of race or political or religious beliefs.
"her family fled religious persecution"