Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

connermt
Banned
Banned

Heaven Part 2

Post #1

Post by connermt »

Once you get to heaven, what will you do there?
Will you play with puppies and eat cotton candy without gaining weight or getting cavities?
Will you visit with friends and family forever?
Will you sit of the feet of "g"od and do nothing but praise, worship and tell it how great it is?
Or is there something else you'll be doing?

Divine Insight
Savant

Re: Heaven Part 2

Post #2

Post by Divine Insight »

connermt wrote: Once you get to heaven, what will you do there?
The first thing I'll do is stop into the Eat 'n Park restaurant. I have always told everyone that heaven won't be heaven unless they have an Eat 'n Park restaurant just like the one here in town. That will reassure me that I'm truly in heaven. ;)

After I have my first meal in heaven I will then proceed to become a gardener, a caretaker, and a musician in a nice quaint country resort that I will personally design and construct with the help of the many lovely people who will also be in heaven.

This will be my contribution to heaven. ;)
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

connermt
Banned
Banned

Post #3

Post by connermt »

Divine Insight wrote:

After I have my first meal in heaven I will then proceed to become a gardener, a caretaker, and a musician in a nice quaint country resort that I will personally design and construct with the help of the many lovely people who will also be in heaven.

This will be my contribution to heaven. ;)
Sounds like Vermont!
O:)

Savant

Post #5

Post by 1213 »

Will you play with puppies and eat cotton candy without gaining weight or getting cavities?
Will you sit of the feet of "g"od and do nothing but praise, worship and tell it how great it is?
the Kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness, peace, and joy in the Holy Spirit.
Romans 14:17

But that may not be the same as Heaven, because it is said:

"The Kingdom of God doesn't come with observation; neither will they say, 'Look, here!' or, 'Look, there!' for behold, the Kingdom of God is within you."

Luke 17:20-21

2ndpillar
Scholar

Post #6

Post by 2ndpillar »

[Replying to post 2 by Divine Insight]The first thing I'll do is stop into the Eat 'n Park restaurant. I have always told everyone that heaven won't be heaven unless they have an Eat 'n Park restaurant just like the one here in town. That will reassure me that I'm truly in heaven. Wink

This will be my contribution to heaven. Wink
Dear insight,
The kingdom of heaven is on earth. For those who have found it, then you may well find them with a garden, and being a caretaker, in a personally constructed home and environment. The kingdom of God, on the other hand, has not occurred at this point, and is called the millennium. It will be much the same as the kingdom of heaven, except the Muslim Messiah, Hussein Soetoro will not be the ruler.

Joab
Under Probation

Post #7

Post by Joab »

[Replying to post 6 by 2ndpillar]

Of course!

Everyone knows that Josip Constantine Mai Li Hirohito is the Mayor of heaven.
What the world needs now
Is love sweet love
It's the only thing
That there's just to little of.
No not just for some
But for everyone

Jackie Deshannon

connermt
Banned
Banned

Post #8

Post by connermt »

1213 wrote:
the Kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness, peace, and joy in the Holy Spirit.
Romans 14:17

But that may not be the same as Heaven, because it is said:

"The Kingdom of God doesn't come with observation; neither will they say, 'Look, here!' or, 'Look, there!' for behold, the Kingdom of God is within you."

Luke 17:20-21
Now we know what a group of dead men said, but what about you? What would you be doing there, in your own words?

Haven
Guru

Post #9

Post by Haven »

Heaven to me is a state of mind and a way of life based on Kindness and Justice. As Jesus allegedly said, "the kingdom of heaven is within you." It's not a "place" one can "go," but a way one must live.
♥ Haven (she/her) ♥
♥ Kindness is the greatest adventure ♥

Joab
Under Probation

Post #10

Post by Joab »

This is a question that contributed to my becoming an atheist or whatever tag applies.
Do the believers in an afterlife actually ever think about what they could possibly do for eternity.

Eternity is allegedly a very, very, very, very long time. If you actually have a mind under the circumstance would it be possible to remain sane?

Does that thought constitute an explanation for some of the supposed actions of god?
What the world needs now
Is love sweet love
It's the only thing
That there's just to little of.
No not just for some
But for everyone

Jackie Deshannon