Which end times signs coming true would convince you?

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

agnosticatheist
Banned
Banned

Which end times signs coming true would convince you?

Post #1

Post by agnosticatheist »

For the non-Christians out there who are familiar with end times prophecy, especially from Daniel and Revelation, which signs coming true in real life would convince you that the Bible might be on to something?

The 7 year peace treaty?

Three unclean spirits like frogs performing signs and wonders, and deceiving the kings of the earth and the whole earth?

Descriptions of the gray aliens paint them as being similar to frogs in some aspects, especially their eyes. The grays have been abducting people, and conducting sadistic experiments on people, for years. They have reportedly stopped when people call out the name of Jesus. They have also reportedly tried to convince people that Christianity is not true. Why would a biological race of aliens travel across space and time to conduct sadistic experiments on people, stop just because someone calls out some guy's name, and try to convince people that a certain religion is not true? (If they are concerned with telling us the truth, why not include all the other religions that have problems with them?)

This stuff has been going on for years.

One doctor recorded at least 200 cases, and they had similarities.

Speaking from personal experience, from the time I was a kid, whenever I see a picture of a gray, I have a fear reaction. Granted, that could be because they are unusual looking, but frogs have a similar appearance, and they don't cause a fear reaction.

What about all the disasters on the earth?

A one world government coming into power?

The entire world being forced to worship one deity or face death?

The leader of the one world government dying and coming back to life? (I think that's how it's supposed to work, but I'm not 100% certain)

Jesus coming back to earth at Armageddon? (This battle will supposedly take place at Meggido, which is a hill in Israel(?) where many battles throughout history have taken place)

99percentatheism
Banned
Banned

Re: Which end times signs coming true would convince you?

Post #2

Post by 99percentatheism »

agnosticatheist wrote: For the non-Christians out there who are familiar with end times prophecy, especially from Daniel and Revelation, which signs coming true in real life would convince you that the Bible might be on to something?

The 7 year peace treaty?

Three unclean spirits like frogs performing signs and wonders, and deceiving the kings of the earth and the whole earth?

Descriptions of the gray aliens paint them as being similar to frogs in some aspects, especially their eyes. The grays have been abducting people, and conducting sadistic experiments on people, for years. They have reportedly stopped when people call out the name of Jesus. They have also reportedly tried to convince people that Christianity is not true. Why would a biological race of aliens travel across space and time to conduct sadistic experiments on people, stop just because someone calls out some guy's name, and try to convince people that a certain religion is not true? (If they are concerned with telling us the truth, why not include all the other religions that have problems with them?)

This stuff has been going on for years.

One doctor recorded at least 200 cases, and they had similarities.

Speaking from personal experience, from the time I was a kid, whenever I see a picture of a gray, I have a fear reaction. Granted, that could be because they are unusual looking, but frogs have a similar appearance, and they don't cause a fear reaction.

What about all the disasters on the earth?

A one world government coming into power?

The entire world being forced to worship one deity or face death?

The leader of the one world government dying and coming back to life? (I think that's how it's supposed to work, but I'm not 100% certain)

Jesus coming back to earth at Armageddon? (This battle will supposedly take place at Meggido, which is a hill in Israel(?) where many battles throughout history have taken place)
The "mark" for buying and selling . . . looks to be quite worrisome. Especially in "light" of electronic monetary interactions.

Just an observation.

Joab
Under Probation

Post #3

Post by Joab »

Dragons riding hobgoblins with crowns on their heads would get me at least mildly concerned.

That is one of the signs isn't it? Or am I thinking of another horror flick? 8-[ [-o<
What the world needs now
Is love sweet love
It's the only thing
That there's just to little of.
No not just for some
But for everyone

Jackie Deshannon

ElCodeMonkey
Site Supporter

Post #4

Post by ElCodeMonkey »

[Replying to post 1 by agnosticatheist]

The rapture would be rather convincing. But depending on your eschatology, it might be too late at that point :-).

Given that the rest of it is generally taken as metaphor, I don't think there's anything in it that could convince me unless it happens literally. A pit opening up with "locusts" that have women's hair, scorpion tails, and lion's heads would be pretty telling. Assuming someone didn't just make it themselves based upon the Biblical description.

It saddens me, however, that Christians see unity as a sign of the end. Coming together as one whole nation/world, trading with a single currency, or perhaps even "worshiping" the same "god" of, say, Love, are all deemed to be of the devil. Well, I certainly think we're going to make strides eventually and start toward this world-wide nation. It might be a few hundred years out, but I do think it will happen. It's the right thing to do. So I don't see it as a sign of the end.

As for buying and selling, I think it would be quite useful to have a chip in your hand. No losing cards or forgetting your wallet! But just to be safe, I'll get mine in my right hand :-).

And I certainly won't be worshiping a statue... If that becomes the new world government then I'm certainly not taking part in that...
I'm Published! Christians Are Revolting: An Infidel's Progress
My Blog: Friendly By Nurture
The Wisdom I've gleaned.
My Current Beliefs.

Ooberman
Banned
Banned

Post #5

Post by Ooberman »

The signs that would convince me would, ironically, be the same that would convince me i was insane.
Considering religionists have been wrong about everything, and follow books written by con artists and madmen, any sign would be met by maniacal laughter on my part.

I cant stress enough that "signs", prophesies and other foolish ideas are so utterly ridiculous that only madmen can beleive in them.

Pixies are more likely than most of the bull-hockey found in religions.
Thinking about God's opinions and thinking about your own opinions uses an identical thought process. - Tomas Rees

connermt
Banned
Banned

Post #6

Post by connermt »

If a "sign" will convince you, you're looking for it to begin with IMO.
I use the term "sign" for a reason as, with christianity (most all religions?) these "signs" are ambiguous enough to allow for any interpretation for most anything.

cnorman18

Post #7

Post by cnorman18 »

Sign of the end of days (or at least the beginning of the Messianic Age):

Perfect peace and justice worldwide in the year 2240 (Hebrew year 6000).

Personal messiah's appearance is optional.

Hatuey
Banned
Banned

Post #8

Post by Hatuey »

[Replying to post 1 by agnosticatheist]

The sorts of things that would overly concern me normally, or make me think I might be going insane. Actual, sustained world peace under one enigmatic leader would freak me out, period....as would any reports of people actually dying and coming back to life, but I'd be questioning my own sanity at that point, too.

Of course, my first reaction would be to give it a few minutes and see if things seem to feel more normal. Taking into consideration the occasional acid flashback.

Thonord
Student

What sign?

Post #9

Post by Thonord »

What sign?

Nothing much. A minor repeatable miracle, or God speaking to me directly, and allowing me to record it.

Granted, I wouldn't know when, but I would know it was coming.

Danmark
Site Supporter

Post #10

Post by Danmark »

That ship has sailed.
For about 2000 the end times have been predicted by Christians, each time the claim has been made that the time is now. The unfulfilled predictions began with Jesus and then the original disciples.
The long list at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_da ... tic_events
is incomplete. There are many others, including Hal Lindsey's 1988 prediction.

The game is over. The idea of predicting the end times by using the Bible is irrevocably dead. Using the analogy of predicting which stocks will rise on the NYSE, Christians have named every stock, and somehow they've still been wrong.