Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Ross
Scholar

What is Bigfoot, Sasquatch, Yeti?

Post #1

Post by Ross »

Hi Everyone,

Not sure if this has been covered before; but to me, the evidence for the existence of this creature is from what I have obtained thus far quite compelling and almost overwhelming.

Yet it does not seem to align to the Biblical account. A naked hairy version of a wild human of no less than giant proportions, or half human half ape.

What do you think?

Is it Nephilim that survived the flood, a variation of an ape, a human species that has avoided civilization and grown in all proportions to the rest of us, or a complete fake and lie, even with all of the testimony of sightings?

I have put the topic here as I want a Christian and a Biblical perspective rather than a secular one.

Ross
Scholar

Re: What is Bigfoot, Sasquatch, Yeti?

Post #2

Post by Ross »

And has anyone here seen one?

Savant

Post #3

Post by 1213 »

Ross wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 12:47 pm ...
Is it Nephilim that survived the flood, a variation of an ape, a human species that has avoided civilization and grown in all proportions to the rest of us, or a complete fake and lie, even with all of the testimony of sightings?...
I would need to see it, before I can tell what it is.

Ross
Scholar

Post #4

Post by Ross »

1213 wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 3:18 am

I would need to see it, before I can tell what it is.
I note that you live in Finland. I am not aware of any history of sasquatch encounters in your country. There have been some in Siberia though.

Ross
Scholar

Post #5

Post by Ross »

Data
Sage

Post #6

Post by Data »

[Replying to Ross in post #1]

The Nephilim all perished in the flood. That was the primary reason for the flood. People seem to like to conflate the mysterious. UFOs and the Bible, for example. To me, there isn't very much mystery and it tends to be overestimated - exaggerated in importance. In reality there is the unknown, which can become known, and there is the fabricated, manipulated and exaggerated. I've never been one to overestimate or derive some ideological zeal for the examination of either. If you go into a heavily wooded area there are lots of creatures there but you will rarely see any of them. They live and die there with little fanfare. If the creatures you mentioned exist it isn't such a phenomenal thing. And likewise if they don't exist.

I don't see any real connection with the Bible.

Ross
Scholar

Post #7

Post by Ross »

Data wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:47 am

The Nephilim all perished in the flood.
Thank you. Do you have a scriptural text to substantiate this?

Data
Sage

Post #8

Post by Data »

Ross wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 10:49 amThank you. Do you have a scriptural text to substantiate this?
You're welcome. Yes, I think I have something here: Genesis 6:12-17 "God looked on the earth, and behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted their way upon the earth. Then God said to Noah, “The end of all flesh has come before Me; for the earth is filled with violence because of them; and behold, I am about to destroy them with the earth. Make for yourself an ark of gopher wood; you shall make the ark with rooms, and shall cover it inside and out with pitch. This is how you shall make it: the length of the ark three hundred cubits, its breadth fifty cubits, and its height thirty cubits. You shall make a window for the ark, and finish it to a cubit from the top; and set the door of the ark in the side of it; you shall make it with lower, second, and third decks. Behold, I, even I am bringing the flood of water upon the earth, to destroy all flesh in which is the breath of life, from under heaven; everything that is on the earth shall perish."

If it wasn't on the ark it was destroyed.

The Nice Centurion
Guru

Post #9

Post by The Nice Centurion »

Ross wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 10:49 am
Data wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:47 am

The Nephilim all perished in the flood.
Thank you. Do you have a scriptural text to substantiate this?
Yeah, this please.

And . .
Cureloms and cumoms must have been on the ark, or they would not have been brougt by the Jaredites to america. Surely these misterious animals are Bigfoot and Chupacabra!
“If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day. But if you drown a man in a fish pond, he will never have to go hungry again🐟

"Only Experts in Reformed Egyptian should be allowed to critique the Book of Mormon❗"

"Joseph Smith can't possibly have been a deceiver.
For if he had been, the Angel Moroni never would have taken the risk of enthrusting him with the Golden Plates❗"

Ross
Scholar

Post #10

Post by Ross »

Data wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 11:32 am
If it wasn't on the ark it was destroyed.
What do you think the meaning of this is:
Gen 6:4
"The Nephilim were on the earth in those days—and also afterward"