I don't believe trinity doctrine is supported by the Scripture!
I believe it is one of the so many products of Satan's Masterful Deception -inculcated in the minds of Christians since time immemorial - to take away the glory of of our Lord YHWH, the Son of the Invisible God Father.
Who do you consider as the Almigthy God Father? Why?
Who do you consider as the Son? Why?
BRIEFLY, please provide Scriptural support why you believe in trinity doctrine for our open discussion.
Is Trinity Doctrine Scriptural?
Moderator: Moderators
-
hiramabbi2
- Apprentice
- Posts: 142
- Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2004 4:04 pm
- Location: Maryland
Post #2
Here is the Great Commission for the reader's enjoyment:
Matthew 28:18-20
Matthew 28:18-20
Nope, no Trinity here, no-sirree-bob[Jesus says] "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." Amen.
Post #3
I couldn't agree moreTrinity Doctrine is a Product of Wild Imagination
Gilt and Vetinari shared a look. It said: While I loathe you and all of your personal philosophy to a depth unplummable by any line, I will credit you at least with not being Crispin Horsefry [The big loud idiot in the room].
-Going Postal, Discworld
-Going Postal, Discworld
The Trinity
Post #4The Trinity Explained by the Urantia revelation.
http://www.urantia.org/papers/paper10.html
http://www.urantia.org/papers/paper10.html
-
youngborean
- Sage
- Posts: 800
- Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2004 2:28 pm
Re: Is Trinity Doctrine Scriptural?
Post #5hiramabbi2 wrote:I don't believe trinity doctrine is supported by the Scripture!
Zec 2:10 Sing and rejoice, O daughter of Zion: for, lo, I come, and I will dwell in the midst of thee, saith the LORD.
Zec 2:11 And many nations shall be joined to the LORD in that day, and shall be my people: and I will dwell in the midst of thee, and thou shalt know that the LORD of hosts hath sent me unto thee.
Zec 2:12 And the LORD shall inherit Judah his portion in the holy land, and shall choose Jerusalem again.
Zec 2:13 Be silent, O all flesh, before the LORD: for he is raised up out of his holy habitation.
End of discussion.
-
proverbial student
- Student
- Posts: 52
- Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:17 pm
Re: Is Trinity Doctrine Scriptural?
Post #6John 10:30hiramabbi2 wrote:I don't believe trinity doctrine is supported by the Scripture!
I and the Father are one."
John 17:11
I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your namethe name you gave meso that they may be one as we are one.
John 17:21
that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me.
1 John 5:8
the[ 5:7,8 Late manuscripts of the Vulgate testify in heaven: the Father, the Word and the Holy Spirit, and these three are one. 8 And there are three that testify on earth: the (not found in any Greek manuscript before the sixteenth century)] Spirit, the water and the blood; and the three are in agreement. [The Word being Jesus Christ, see below]
John 1
The Word Became Flesh
1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2He was with God in the beginning.
3Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4In him was life, and that life was the light of men. 5The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood[1] it.
6There came a man who was sent from God; his name was John. 7He came as a witness to testify concerning that light, so that through him all men might believe. 8He himself was not the light; he came only as a witness to the light. 9The true light that gives light to every man was coming into the world.[2]
10He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him. 11He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. 12Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God-- 13children born not of natural descent,[3] nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God.
14The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only,[4] who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.
15John testifies concerning him. He cries out, saying, "This was he of whom I said, 'He who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.' " 16From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another. 17For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. 18No one has ever seen God, but God the One and Only,[5] ,[6] who is at the Father's side, has made him known.
The Almighty God the Father is the force, being, what have you that created all things. In the John 17 scriptures above, Jesus refers to the Father and admits that he and the Father are one. In Jesus' teachings he states that there is only One who is good....which we allude is God, the Father.Who do you consider as the Almigthy God Father? Why?
Matthew 19:17
"Why do you ask me about what is good?" Jesus replied. "There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, obey the commandments."
Why do I believe, because I accept it as a given. We are here not by our own accord but by a power much greater than ourselves...that is God, the Father.
I consider Jesus Christ as the Son of God based on Scripture and based on my "awakening" from the Holy Spirit to this determination, plus historical documents are out there to prove the existence of Jesus Christ and his crucifixion.Who do you consider as the Son? Why?
Matthew 4
5Then the devil took him to the holy city and had him stand on the highest point of the temple. 6"If you are the Son of God," he said, "throw yourself down. For it is written:
" 'He will command his angels concerning you,
and they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.'[1] "
7Jesus answered him, "It is also written: 'Do not put the Lord your God to the test.'[2] "
See above. There are bible web sites for textual searches on these names you have mentioned plus many others...it will help you see support for these claims through Scripture.BRIEFLY, please provide Scriptural support why you believe in trinity doctrine for our open discussion.
-
hiramabbi2
- Apprentice
- Posts: 142
- Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2004 4:04 pm
- Location: Maryland
Re: Is Trinity Doctrine Scriptural?
Post #7For a start, please tell us, how many brains do they have if there are "Three Persons" in one God ?proverbial student wrote:John 10:30hiramabbi2 wrote:I don't believe trinity doctrine is supported by the Scripture!
I and the Father are one."
John 17:11
I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your namethe name you gave meso that they may be one as we are one.
John 17:21
that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me.
1 John 5:8
the[ 5:7,8 Late manuscripts of the Vulgate testify in heaven: the Father, the Word and the Holy Spirit, and these three are one. 8 And there are three that testify on earth: the (not found in any Greek manuscript before the sixteenth century)] Spirit, the water and the blood; and the three are in agreement. [The Word being Jesus Christ, see below]
Is the "person" of the Father is the same "person" of the Son and also the same "person" of the Holy Ghost?
God Bless
Re: Is Trinity Doctrine Scriptural?
Post #8I was just wondering what bible you are reading because my KJV quote of Matthew 19:17 is this:proverbial student wrote:
Matthew 19:17
"Why do you ask me about what is good?" Jesus replied. "There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, obey the commandments."
Why do I believe, because I accept it as a given. We are here not by our own accord but by a power much greater than ourselves...that is God, the Father.
17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
Jesus ask why they called him good, then said there is none good but one that is God. Clearly distinguishing himself from GOD.
Isaiah 44:24
Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens ALONE; that spreadeth abroad the earth by MYSELF;
Nehemiah 9:6
Thou, even thou, art LORD ALONE; thou hast made heaven, the heaven of heavens, with all their host, the earth, and all things that are therein, the seas, and all that is therein, and thou preservest them all; and the host of heaven worshippeth thee.
Alone and By myself , does not dictate multiple people.
Post #9
PAPER 10 - THE PARADISE TRINITY
THE Paradise Trinity of eternal Deities facilitates the Father's escape from personality absolutism. The Trinity perfectly associates the limitless expression of God's infinite personal will with the absoluteness of Deity. The Eternal Son and the various Sons of divine origin, together with the Conjoint Actor and his universe children, effectively provide for the Father's liberation from the limitations otherwise inherent in primacy, perfection, changelessness, eternity, universality, absoluteness, and infinity.
The Paradise Trinity effectively provides for the full expression and perfect revelation of the eternal nature of Deity. The Stationary Sons of the Trinity likewise afford a full and perfect revelation of divine justice. The Trinity is Deity unity, and this unity rests eternally upon the absolute foundations of the divine oneness of the three original and co-ordinate and coexistent personalities, God the Father, God the Son, and God the Spirit.
From the present situation on the circle of eternity, looking backward into the endless past, we can discover only one inescapable inevitability in universe affairs, and that is the Paradise Trinity. I deem the Trinity to have been inevitable. As I view the past, present, and future of time, I consider nothing else in all the universe of universes to have been inevitable. The present master universe, viewed in retrospect or in prospect, is unthinkable without the Trinity. Given the Paradise Trinity, we can postulate alternate or even multiple ways of doing all things, but without the Trinity of Father, Son, and Spirit we are unable to conceive how the Infinite could achieve threefold and co-ordinate personalization in the face of the absolute oneness of Deity. No other concept of creation measures up to the Trinity standards of the completeness of the absoluteness inherent in Deity unity coupled with the repleteness of volitional liberation inherent in the threefold personalization of Deity.
Urantia Book 1955
THE Paradise Trinity of eternal Deities facilitates the Father's escape from personality absolutism. The Trinity perfectly associates the limitless expression of God's infinite personal will with the absoluteness of Deity. The Eternal Son and the various Sons of divine origin, together with the Conjoint Actor and his universe children, effectively provide for the Father's liberation from the limitations otherwise inherent in primacy, perfection, changelessness, eternity, universality, absoluteness, and infinity.
The Paradise Trinity effectively provides for the full expression and perfect revelation of the eternal nature of Deity. The Stationary Sons of the Trinity likewise afford a full and perfect revelation of divine justice. The Trinity is Deity unity, and this unity rests eternally upon the absolute foundations of the divine oneness of the three original and co-ordinate and coexistent personalities, God the Father, God the Son, and God the Spirit.
From the present situation on the circle of eternity, looking backward into the endless past, we can discover only one inescapable inevitability in universe affairs, and that is the Paradise Trinity. I deem the Trinity to have been inevitable. As I view the past, present, and future of time, I consider nothing else in all the universe of universes to have been inevitable. The present master universe, viewed in retrospect or in prospect, is unthinkable without the Trinity. Given the Paradise Trinity, we can postulate alternate or even multiple ways of doing all things, but without the Trinity of Father, Son, and Spirit we are unable to conceive how the Infinite could achieve threefold and co-ordinate personalization in the face of the absolute oneness of Deity. No other concept of creation measures up to the Trinity standards of the completeness of the absoluteness inherent in Deity unity coupled with the repleteness of volitional liberation inherent in the threefold personalization of Deity.
Urantia Book 1955
-
proverbial student
- Student
- Posts: 52
- Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:17 pm
Various responses
Post #10According to Genesis, God made us in the image of himself, not a duplicate. What makes you think God has a brain to begin with? It would seem to me that if he created us that we would be an inferior being next to Him. Unfortunately, I know no Scripture which speaks of God having or not having brains except my belief that He is omniscient, which means belief God knows everything which has & will happen. It would seem to me that God knows it all and as the Holy Spirit and Jesus Christ are also God then they are enlightened as to the truth.hiramabbi2: For a start, please tell us, how many brains do they have if there are "Three Persons" in one God ?
This is a good question and one I have been pondering. The answer, of course is yes, based on the Scripture I found for you above but technically speaking how can that be? It is the first question I will ask when I die believe me. How can I synthesize my thoughts on this subject? God is the Alpha and Omega [Revelation 22:13] So, if He is the beginning and the end, then He is the substance of which we were made, however He has power to take away that which is His (i.e. our life). So it would seem that all of creation is made of God stuff, God giving us a will to choose how we will live our lives, but having the right to take that life whenever He so chooses. If we are one with God through Christ [John 17: 11, 21] by Divinity then we too are part and parcel with God through Jesus Christ as our bodies are referred to as temples of God.Is the "person" of the Father is the same "person" of the Son and also the same "person" of the Holy Ghost?
The price being Jesus Christ's crucifixion...Spiritually we are all one with God. So how can we be individuals after death?I Corinthians 6:19 Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.
Matt 22: 23That same day the Sadducees, who say there is no resurrection, came to him with a question. 24"Teacher," they said, "Moses told us that if a man dies without having children, his brother must marry the widow and have children for him. 25Now there were seven brothers among us. The first one married and died, and since he had no children, he left his wife to his brother. 26The same thing happened to the second and third brother, right on down to the seventh. 27Finally, the woman died. 28Now then, at the resurrection, whose wife will she be of the seven, since all of them were married to her?"
29Jesus replied, "You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God. 30At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven. 31But about the resurrection of the dead--have you not read what God said to you, 32'I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob'[1] ? He is not the God of the dead but of the living."
As to the version I was quoting from...it is the NIV, but I recall that verse more like what you had said referring to Christ as "Good Master".I was just wondering what bible you are reading

