Argue for and against religions and philosophies which are not Christian

Moderator: Moderators

muhammad rasullah
Sage

Post #1

Post by muhammad rasullah »

bernee51 wrote:
Ilias Ahmad wrote:
Evidence of god and the supernatural? There is none. You are the one claiming your god exists and is the only god. How about you have a go at substantiating that claim.
Muhammad (sallallahu alaihi wa salam) is the proof of God.
This is not proof of anything but your beleif. How is a pedophile proof of god?
Muhammad is not a pedophile! Besides your existence is proof that God exists. How did you get here?
Bismillahir rahmaanir Raheem \"In The Name of Allah, the most gracious, the most merciful\"

bernee51
Site Supporter

Post #2

Post by bernee51 »

muhammad rasullah wrote:
bernee51 wrote:
Ilias Ahmad wrote:
Evidence of god and the supernatural? There is none. You are the one claiming your god exists and is the only god. How about you have a go at substantiating that claim.
Muhammad is not a pedophile!
Anyone who 'consummates' a 'marriage' with a nine year old girl is a pedophile AFAIAC.

Did Mohammed do this?
muhammad rasullah wrote: Besides your existence is proof that God exists.
No it doesn't.
muhammad rasullah wrote: How did you get here?
Haven't we been over this before? By 'how did you get here?" I assume you mean the universe and all that is in it. The universe, in some form or another, could have always existed. How did life emerge - I don't know. How did humans come about? Evolution.
"Whatever you are totally ignorant of, assert to be the explanation of everything else"

William James quoting Dr. Hodgson

"When I see I am nothing, that is wisdom. When I see I am everything, that is love. My life is a movement between these two."

Nisargadatta Maharaj

muhammad rasullah
Sage

Post #3

bernee51 wrote:
muhammad rasullah wrote:
bernee51 wrote:
Ilias Ahmad wrote:
Anyone who 'consummates' a 'marriage' with a nine year old girl is a pedophile AFAIAC.

Did Mohammed do this?
No it doesn't.
Haven't we been over this before? By 'how did you get here?" I assume you mean the universe and all that is in it. The universe, in some form or another, could have always existed. How did life emerge - I don't know. How did humans come about? Evolution.
After the passage of many centuries, we find now some Orientalists who try to strike a comparison between the conditions of our present time and what was existing 1400 years ago. They are trying to apply the criterions of the Western society to that society that existed in the Arabian Peninsula very long ago.

One important point we have to clarify here is that the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, when proposing to `Aisha, was not the first suitor, for, according to many historians, Jubair ibn Mut`am proposed to her before the Prophet, peace and blessings for him. This gives an indication that `Aisha, may Allah be pleased with her, was mature enough for marriage at that age.
Firstly, Prophet’s proposal to `Aisha came through a suggestion made by Khawalh bint Hakim as a sign of strengthening the relation with his Companion Abu Bakr and confirming his love for him.
Secondly, the fact that `Aisha, before the Prophet proposed to her, was being pursued by Jubair ibn Mut`am, indicates that she was mature enough for marriage, according to the prevailing tradition at that time, if not, the Quraish people, who would never waste any chance to insult the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, would have found this marriage as a golden opportunity to pour on him rain of insults. Rather they found nothing wrong in this engagement, and they received the news of the Prophet’s proposal for `Aisha as something usual, and even, expected.

Had it been true that the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, aimed at fulfilling a lust or satisfying a desire, he would have done this while still in his youth when he was still free from the responsibilities of delivering Allah’s call. At his early age, the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, accepted to marry Khadija, may Allah be pleased with her, who was 15 years older than him. He also never married a new wife until after her death. Even after her passing away, his new wife Sawdah bint Zam`ah was an old-aged widow who possessed no particular appealing qualities. This adds to our certainty that the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, had many great lofty aims behind his marriages. Also, when Khawlah bint Hakim suggested to him to marry`Aisha, the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, thought thoroughly whether to accept or to refuse. He took into consideration his relation with Abu Bakr.

Consummate means to bring to agreement by signing of a contract and that's what makes one married in Islam by signing of the contract sexual intercourse does not have to occur to consummate the marriage.

Next me question pertained to you asking where did you come from? If you say evolution then there is no explanation to the missing chains between species from ape to mankind as we have it today. second there is noevidence of talking apes speaking english or any other language, there is no evidence of any ape doing what man does today I mean being seen not supposing that such and such happened. What you have is speculation and similarities that scientist try to link together with one another to create what they want to believe. evolution is the most unexplained thing because no one still has explained how the singularity got there and where it came from. They just say it came from a singularity like a once upon a time story which when you asks leads to the answer I don't know.
Bismillahir rahmaanir Raheem \"In The Name of Allah, the most gracious, the most merciful\"

Fallibleone
Guru

Post #4

Post by Fallibleone »

Much of the above is copied and pasted from the following site:

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/Sate ... 9503544940
''''What I am is good enough if I can only be it openly.''''

''''The man said "why you think you here?" I said "I got no idea".''''

''''Je viens comme un chat
Par la nuit si noire.
Tu attends, et je tombe
Dans tes ailes blanches,
Et je vole,
Et je coule
Comme une plume.''''

Zzyzx
Site Supporter

Post #5

Post by Zzyzx »

Fallibleone wrote:Much of the above is copied and pasted from the following site:
Yes, verbatim copy.

In the Non-Muslim world that is known as plagiarism (“to steal and pass off the ideas or words of another as one's own : use another's production without crediting the source� Merriam Webster) and is a form of dishonesty. Is that acceptable in defense of pedophilia by a Muslim “prophet�?
Non-Theist

ANY of the thousands of "gods" proposed, imagined, worshiped, loved, feared, and/or fought over by humans MAY exist -- awaiting verifiable evidence

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Post #6

Post by McCulloch »

Moderator Warnings

Please review the Rules.
4. Stay on the topic of debate. If a topic brings up another issue, start another thread. I fear that the debate has strayed way off of the topic of Trinity. Perhaps a new debate should be initiated for some of these interesting and worthwhile debates.

8. Extensive quotes from another source (particularly other websites) should state the source to avoid plagiarism.

13. Appeals and challenges to decisions made by moderators should not be made in public. The proper channel is to send a PM to a moderator and to discuss it directly and in private. Reports of rule violations should be made with the Report Post Image button and/or with a PM to one or more moderators.

When the moderators feel the rules have been violated, a notice will frequently occur within the thread where the violation occurred, pointing out the violation and perhaps providing other moderator comments. Moderator warnings and comments are made publicly, within the thread, so that all members may see when and how the rules are being interpreted and enforced. However, note that any challenges or replies to moderator comments or warnings should be made via Private Message. This is so that threads do not get derailed into discussions about the rules.
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John

muhammad rasullah
Sage

Post #7

Zzyzx wrote:.
Fallibleone wrote:Much of the above is copied and pasted from the following site:
Yes, verbatim copy.

In the Non-Muslim world that is known as plagiarism (“to steal and pass off the ideas or words of another as one's own : use another's production without crediting the source� Merriam Webster) and is a form of dishonesty. Is that acceptable in defense of pedophilia by a Muslim “prophet�?
SO what if I copied it from that site who cares the fact is that the information is still correct and you can't disprove my post so you attack how I posted it and where it came from like I'm going to be arrested for plagarism or something online. What does it matter if I copied it the information is still correct and I'm not in school getting graded for it.

bernee51
Site Supporter

Post #8

Post by bernee51 »

muhammad rasullah wrote:
bernee51 wrote:
muhammad asullah wrote:
bernee51 wrote:
Ilias Ahmad wrote:

Did Mohammed do this?
No it doesn't.
After the passage of many centuries, we find now some Orientalists who try to strike a comparison between the conditions of our present time and what was existing 1400 years ago. They are trying to apply the criterions of the Western society to that society that existed in the Arabian Peninsula very long ago.
As I understand it the Koran is used to justify the marriage of the child Aisha to Mohammed. Has the Koran changed to now outlaw such liaisons? Or can child marriage still be justified withing the koran?
muhammad rasullah wrote: One important point we have to clarify here is that the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, when proposing to `Aisha, was not the first suitor, for, according to many historians, Jubair ibn Mut`am proposed to her before the Prophet, peace and blessings for him.
You know as well as I that this marriage would have been arranged. No one would have 'proposed' to Aisha. The marriage between Mohammed and Abu Bakr' baby daughter would have been to cement a political liaison.
muhammad rasullah wrote: This gives an indication that `Aisha, may Allah be pleased with her, was mature enough for marriage at that age.
She was six years old when betrothed to Mohammed.
muhammad rasullah wrote: Firstly, Prophet’s proposal to `Aisha came through a suggestion made by Khawalh bint Hakim as a sign of strengthening the relation with his Companion Abu Bakr and confirming his love for him.
So you now admit it was arranged and Aisha's wishes would not even have been considered?
muhammad rasullah wrote: Had it been true that the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, aimed at fulfilling a lust or satisfying a desire, he would have done this while still in his youth when he was still free from the responsibilities of delivering Allah’s call. At his early age, the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, accepted to marry Khadija, may Allah be pleased with her, who was 15 years older than him. He also never married a new wife until after her death. Even after her passing away, his new wife Sawdah bint Zam`ah was an old-aged widow who possessed no particular appealing qualities. This adds to our certainty that the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, had many great lofty aims behind his marriages. Also, when Khawlah bint Hakim suggested to him to marry`Aisha, the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, thought thoroughly whether to accept or to refuse. He took into consideration his relation with Abu Bakr.
A 'marriage' of convenience.
muhammad rasullah wrote: Consummate means to bring to agreement by signing of a contract and that's what makes one married in Islam by signing of the contract sexual intercourse does not have to occur to consummate the marriage.
Are you claiming that Mohammed did not have sexual intercourse with the nine year old Aisha?
muhammad rasullah wrote: Next me question pertained to you asking where did you come from? If you say evolution then there is no explanation to the missing chains between species from ape to mankind as we have it today.
second there is noevidence of talking apes speaking english or any other language, there is no evidence of any ape doing what man does today I mean being seen not supposing that such and such happened.
You display a very limited and faulty understanding of evolution. Perhaps you should take the time to study the topic and then we can have a meaningful discussion. As it is you know only half truths and lies.
muhammad rasullah wrote: What you have is speculation and similarities that scientist try to link together with one another to create what they want to believe. evolution is the most unexplained thing because no one still has explained how the singularity got there and where it came from. They just say it came from a singularity like a once upon a time story which when you asks leads to the answer I don't know.
How is claiming 'goddidit' any different to saying with honesty "I don't know?"
"Whatever you are totally ignorant of, assert to be the explanation of everything else"

William James quoting Dr. Hodgson

"When I see I am nothing, that is wisdom. When I see I am everything, that is love. My life is a movement between these two."

Nisargadatta Maharaj

Fallibleone
Guru

Post #9

Post by Fallibleone »

muhammad rasullah wrote:
Yes, verbatim copy.

SO what if I copied it from that site who cares the fact is that the information is still correct and you can't disprove my post so you attack how I posted it and where it came from like I'm going to be arrested for plagarism or something online. What does it matter if I copied it the information is still correct and I'm not in school getting graded for it.
8. Extensive quotes from another source (particularly other websites) should state the source to avoid plagarism.
''''What I am is good enough if I can only be it openly.''''

''''The man said "why you think you here?" I said "I got no idea".''''

''''Je viens comme un chat
Par la nuit si noire.
Tu attends, et je tombe
Dans tes ailes blanches,
Et je vole,
Et je coule
Comme une plume.''''

muhammad rasullah
Sage

Post #10

Fallibleone wrote:
muhammad rasullah wrote:
Yes, verbatim copy.

8. Extensive quotes from another source (particularly other websites) should state the source to avoid plagarism.
Okay fine now do you have a comment about the post?