Unlimited right to protest?

Current issues and things in the news

Moderator: Moderators

Quantrill
Apprentice
Posts: 138
Joined: Fri May 29, 2020 7:41 pm
Location: Texas
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Unlimited right to protest?

Post #21

Post by Quantrill »

koko wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:25 pm

Such spikes occurred wherever people have not worn masks.

As for churches and the interventive power of the state during similar crises, we have already discussed how the courts ruled in the cases which arose over this issue during the pague of 1918 and beyond. Go back into search for your answer.
State or local intervenes when it wants to. Why does state or local allow counter protestors at the same time of a protest when they know it will result in violence?

Corona is now a political tool to be used to circumvent the Constitutional rights of Americans.

Quantrill

User avatar
koko
Scholar
Posts: 333
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:24 pm
Location: Twin Cities
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 25 times

Re: Unlimited right to protest?

Post #22

Post by koko »

Quantrill wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:57 am
State or local intervenes when it wants to. Why does state or local allow counter protestors at the same time of a protest when they know it will result in violence?

Corona is now a political tool to be used to circumvent the Constitutional rights of Americans.

Quantrill

Your query is framed in the form of a leading question. Foreknowledge of violence is an unsubstantiated presumption on your part. If you wish to have this query answered you must first:

1) give an instance where such a thing occurred
2) present evidence that police and the state/municipality had such foreknowledge
3) present evidence that the protesters had such foreknowledge
4) present evidence that the counter protesters also had such foreknowledge



The right to dissent is constitutionally guaranteed. Our Founders made sure to do so as we have discussed on this forum and which is something most people are taught from grade school onwards. However, no such right exists which allows people to unecessarily disrupt the peace and social order. But if prosecutors are to successfully convict anyone for daring to violate that principle, the burden of proof is upon them to demonstrate that people have done so knowingly and purposefully.



re ''Corona is now a political tool to be used to circumvent the Constitutional rights of Americans. ''

'Tool' used by whom? How? Where? Which Constitutional rights have been circumvented? Which courts (most of whom are controlled by Republican appointed judges) have allowed any of this? Kindly provide links to legal studies or analyses by right wing sources such as Fox or Breitbart which support your contention.

Quantrill
Apprentice
Posts: 138
Joined: Fri May 29, 2020 7:41 pm
Location: Texas
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Unlimited right to protest?

Post #23

Post by Quantrill »

koko wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:22 am



Your query is framed in the form of a leading question. Foreknowledge of violence is an unsubstantiated presumption on your part. If you wish to have this query answered you must first:

1) give an instance where such a thing occurred
2) present evidence that police and the state/municipality had such foreknowledge
3) present evidence that the protesters had such foreknowledge
4) present evidence that the counter protesters also had such foreknowledge



The right to dissent is constitutionally guaranteed. Our Founders made sure to do so as we have discussed on this forum and which is something most people are taught from grade school onwards. However, no such right exists which allows people to unecessarily disrupt the peace and social order. But if prosecutors are to successfully convict anyone for daring to violate that principle, the burden of proof is upon them to demonstrate that people have done so knowingly and purposefully.


'Tool' used by whom? How? Where? Which Constitutional rights have been circumvented? Which courts (most of whom are controlled by Republican appointed judges) have allowed any of this? Kindly provide links to legal studies or analyses by right wing sources such as Fox or Breitbart which support your contention.
Where such a thing occurred? Charlottesville. But, it didn't work. What now?

Corona is used by the left. The democratic, left, atheistic, and liberals. All of whom are supported by the NAACP and SPLC. It is but a tool they hope to use to destroy the economy and help their election in November.

Quantrill

User avatar
koko
Scholar
Posts: 333
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:24 pm
Location: Twin Cities
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 25 times

Re: Unlimited right to protest?

Post #24

Post by koko »

Quantrill wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:09 pm


Where such a thing occurred? Charlottesville. But, it didn't work. What now?

Corona is used by the left. The democratic, left, atheistic, and liberals. All of whom are supported by the NAACP and SPLC. It is but a tool they hope to use to destroy the economy and help their election in November.

Quantrill

Charlottesville? Where is your proof of that foreknowledge?

Corona used by the left? By whom specifically. Also, where & how? This should be interesting since it was Trump who gave entry visas to Chinese and Europeans who brought over the disease. This while he ended Obamacare and left poor people more vulnerable to the disease. While he refuses to take responsibility for anything, responsibility always goes to the top. Therefore, the blood of every American who died because of the virus is in his hands.

Quantrill
Apprentice
Posts: 138
Joined: Fri May 29, 2020 7:41 pm
Location: Texas
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Unlimited right to protest?

Post #25

Post by Quantrill »

koko wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:34 pm


Charlottesville? Where is your proof of that foreknowledge?

Corona used by the left? By whom specifically. Also, where & how? This should be interesting since it was Trump who gave entry visas to Chinese and Europeans who brought over the disease. This while he ended Obamacare and left poor people more vulnerable to the disease. While he refuses to take responsibility for anything, responsibility always goes to the top. Therefore, the blood of every American who died because of the virus is in his hands.
What foreknowledge?

Concerning Corona used by the left, I specifically told you already.

Quantrill

User avatar
koko
Scholar
Posts: 333
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:24 pm
Location: Twin Cities
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 25 times

Re: Unlimited right to protest?

Post #26

Post by koko »

Quantrill wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:51 pm


What foreknowledge?

Concerning Corona used by the left, I specifically told you already.

Quantrill




Sadly, you are mistaken. Corona is used by the right. The delusional republicans, right, Pharisees, and fascist conservatives. All of whom are supported by the Fo卐, the Koch brothers, Bradley Foundation, and National Review Institute. It is but a tool they hope to use to destroy the economy, destroy the USA, and help their election in November.

Quantrill
Apprentice
Posts: 138
Joined: Fri May 29, 2020 7:41 pm
Location: Texas
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Unlimited right to protest?

Post #27

Post by Quantrill »

koko wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:19 pm

Sadly, you are mistaken. Corona is used by the right. The delusional republicans, right, Pharisees, and fascist conservatives. All of whom are supported by the Fo卐, the Koch brothers, Bradley Foundation, and National Review Institute. It is but a tool they hope to use to destroy the economy, destroy the USA, and help their election in November.
I guess you did a little research on Charlottesville.

No, I'm not mistaken. Corona is now a political tool used by libs, dems, etc. etc., to try and help their election hopes in November. They don't care how many lives are destroyed by this. All that matters is that the economy is destroyed so they can point the finger at Trump and then posture themselves as the nations salvation.

Quantrill

User avatar
koko
Scholar
Posts: 333
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:24 pm
Location: Twin Cities
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 25 times

Re: Unlimited right to protest?

Post #28

Post by koko »

Quantrill wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:02 am
I guess you did a little research on Charlottesville.

No, I'm not mistaken. Corona is now a political tool used by libs, dems, etc. etc., to try and help their election hopes in November. They don't care how many lives are destroyed by this. All that matters is that the economy is destroyed so they can point the finger at Trump and then posture themselves as the nations salvation.

Quantrill


Yes, I know the Charlottesville matter very well:


Image



The Republican terrorist who committed this crime was given a life sentence. I would like to see this remedy used more often for other Republicans like him who use the virus to kill Americans and destroy the economy.

Quantrill
Apprentice
Posts: 138
Joined: Fri May 29, 2020 7:41 pm
Location: Texas
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Unlimited right to protest?

Post #29

Post by Quantrill »

koko wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:58 am

Yes, I know the Charlottesville matter very well:

The Republican terrorist who committed this crime was given a life sentence. I would like to see this remedy used more often for other Republicans like him who use the virus to kill Americans and destroy the economy.
Please, try and keep up. The point was made by me in post #(21) that counter protests should not be allowed at the same place and time as a legitimate protest. Thus you responded and asked where did that ever occur. I said Charlottesville.

Now you claim some knowledge of Charlottesville but do not address the point that I made. Why? Are you hiding from the truth? Are you scared of the truth? Please address the point I made and quit trying to deflect to another incident.

Quantrill

User avatar
koko
Scholar
Posts: 333
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:24 pm
Location: Twin Cities
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 25 times

Re: Unlimited right to protest?

Post #30

Post by koko »

Quantrill wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:28 pm


Please, try and keep up. The point was made by me in post #(21) that counter protests should not be allowed at the same place and time as a legitimate protest. Thus you responded and asked where did that ever occur. I said Charlottesville.

Now you claim some knowledge of Charlottesville but do not address the point that I made. Why? Are you hiding from the truth? Are you scared of the truth? Please address the point I made and quit trying to deflect to another incident.

Quantrill


You actually said Democrats and others were using the matter for political gain. I responded by saying it is actually Republicans who are doing so.

More to the point, the right to dissent and for peaceful assembly is constitutionally gauranteed. There is nothing the government can do to stop it because they are bound by the Bill of Rights.


And, talk about side stepping and deflection, you still have not proven anything about foreknowledge. How do you know these parties or the government had foreknowledge that anyone was going to engage in violence?

Post Reply