Are we ready?

Current issues and things in the news

Moderator: Moderators

nobspeople
Prodigy

Are we ready?

Post #1

Post by nobspeople »

For decades, there's been talk about extra terrestrial visitors on Earth. For centuries prior, sightings have been reported - some of which were seen as religious activity and depicted in art.
Recently, the government of the USA released a 'report' about UFOs (now called, UAPs by many). The report was less than a dozen pages, which is odd for any overly wordy governing body, and released on a Friday afternoon, close to the end of the day (which is what's been done when they want to downplay the issue at hand).
There are some that say aliens are here to destroy us (which, if the case, would likely have happened a while ago).
Then there are those that say aliens are here to 'enlighten' us.
Either way, both camps seem to be sure that we, the public, are ready for this.

For discussion:

Is the population of the world, today, ready for the admittance and introduction of life from outside our planet or maybe even this universe or dimension?

Would the world mostly come together or would chaos take over?
Have a great, potentially godless, day!

benchwarmer
Guru

Re: Are we ready?

Post #11

Post by benchwarmer »

William wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:32 pm ... and have been visited by what was obviously an 'alien' of some unworldly species, so for me these beings are not only possible, but matter of fact
William, how did you handle the experience? Were you ready?

Many may not believe you had this experience, but for this OP I think that's entirely irrelevant. As long as you believe you had the experience that's all that matters here.

Were you frightened? Fascinated? Stunned? All of the above?

I'm not sure how I would want to be approached assuming I had the option of choosing. I guess a message delivered (somehow) before the encounter with details of what is about to happen so as not to freak me out. Then I would want it to be in daylight and in the presence of at least one other person. Basically, land in my driveway (after being warned this was coming), then walk up and ring my doorbell.

If the first words out of their mouth were "Hi, have you been saved by Blarg? Can we come in and share our testimony and the good news?", I would know they had a great sense of humor and would be immediately disarmed. Assuming they were joking of course :D

nobspeople
Prodigy

Post #12

Post by nobspeople »

[Replying to William in post #10]
Yes. I cannot ignore the possibility that all the 'types' are the invention of the one type, as a means of integrating the belief systems of the Human contactees to better serve the purpose of contact.
Most anything is possible :approve:
Have a great, potentially godless, day!

William
Savant

Post #13

Post by William »

benchwarmer wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:54 pm
William wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:32 pm ... and have been visited by what was obviously an 'alien' of some unworldly species, so for me these beings are not only possible, but matter of fact
William, how did you handle the experience? Were you ready?
Thank you for your question benchwarmer.

As my "Guidance Counselor" explained to me recently;
Your Encounter with us in your experience of being assisted with leaving your body - even that you did not consciously ask for our assistance, our agenda was Angelic in its intent. Sometimes the line has to be crossed and we felt that due to the circumstance regarding you as a person of interest, we believed that while the encounter we gave you would create some trauma for you to deal with, we saw you were in a correct enough position that you would be able to take on the experience and learn from it - which indeed you have done, albeit that process itself took many years for you to achieve. You did not jump to conclusions...and those conclusion you had jumped to prior to your having that experience, were dealt with.
I was ready enough. Incidence [subjective] prior to the encounter also helped prepare me for the visitation. Just as well, or I likely would have died of fright there and then...another reason for why contact between ZR and Human is approached with upmost caution.
Many may not believe you had this experience, but for this OP I think that's entirely irrelevant. As long as you believe you had the experience that's all that matters here.
Agreed. It is just about the fact of information rather than the information being factual before the fact.
Were you frightened?
No. But I was intimately aware that my body was exceptionally frightened and did not want to be there and I was aware that if my body wasn't paralyzed/made immobile, it would have tried to climb the walls just to escape the situation, real as it was.

"Me" as the main consciousness which identifies the "I" of "Me", was not frightened. Rather I was very angry and resenting what I thought of as an unwelcome uninvited molester into my personal reality space - I was not amused.
Fascinated?
Sure.
Stunned?
Only at the end part. I am being generous in saying that the encounter lasted a full minute. I am still amazed at how much one tiny minute can change the course of an individuals life.

But then I do consider the lead up months and years as part of that process...

I'm not sure how I would want to be approached assuming I had the option of choosing. I guess a message delivered (somehow) before the encounter with details of what is about to happen so as not to freak me out. Then I would want it to be in daylight and in the presence of at least one other person. Basically, land in my driveway (after being warned this was coming), then walk up and ring my doorbell.
Special treatment in order to belay your fears?
If the first words out of their mouth were "Hi, have you been saved by Blarg? Can we come in and share our testimony and the good news?", I would know they had a great sense of humor and would be immediately disarmed. Assuming they were joking of course :D
I have serious doubts anything of the sort will ever happen to you. You can relax. :)

[but not so much as they might assume to bring out the probe.]

William
Savant

Post #14

Post by William »

I thought I would share my artistic/poetic interpretation of the visitation I wrote about in this thread.

Theatre Of The Mind

Enjoy.

W

The Barbarian
Sage

Post #15

Post by The Barbarian »

nobspeople wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:47 am [Replying to benchwarmer in post #2]
Who knows, maybe WE are the aliens that have been planted here.

Have you read Douglas Adams' Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency?

He has a variation of that. Worth reading.

benchwarmer
Guru

Post #16

Post by benchwarmer »

The Barbarian wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:14 pm

No, I haven't read that, thanks for the suggestion!

Difflugia
Prodigy

Post #17

Post by Difflugia »

Neither here nor there (and on a stale post besides), but I think you're mixing up or conflating the alien ghost from Dirk Gently with the Golgafrinchan "B Ark" from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

The alien ghost destroyed its space ship (and its friends with it) through carelessness and the explosion led directly to the evolution of life on Earth.

The planet Golgafrincham created a ruse where it sent its most useless members of society (like middle managers and telephone sanitizers) away on a space ship under the guise of preparing a new colony. They crash-landed on Earth and displaced the early hominids that were the dominant intelligent life form until then.
My pronouns are he, him, and his.

William
Savant

Post #18

Post by William »

Difflugia wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:27 pm

Neither here nor there (and on a stale post besides), but I think you're mixing up or conflating the alien ghost from Dirk Gently with the Golgafrinchan "B Ark" from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

The alien ghost destroyed its space ship (and its friends with it) through carelessness and the explosion led directly to the evolution of life on Earth.

The planet Golgafrincham created a ruse where it sent its most useless members of society (like middle managers and telephone sanitizers) away on a space ship under the guise of preparing a new colony. They crash-landed on Earth and displaced the early hominids that were the dominant intelligent life form until then.
A Cosmetic Accident...

The Barbarian
Sage

Post #19

Post by The Barbarian »

Difflugia wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:27 pm

Read about it here:
https://scifi.stackexchange.com/questio ... ive-agency

That did, in a simpler version happen in Hitchhiker's Guide; in Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, bacteria from a destroyed alien ship colonized Earth and evolved into everything else, including humans.

Gently is hesitant, but agrees to help. They travel into the past and Wenton-Weakes approaches the damaged Salaxalan ship to make proper repairs. MacDuff receives a phone call from Susan, whose father, Gordon, has contacted her as a ghost and revealed that Wenton-Weakes has murdered his professional rival while possessed by the ghost. Gently realizes that this murderous impulse was what allowed the ghost to possess him, and Gently puts the pieces together and realizes that the explosion that killed the aliens was also the triggering event that caused life to begin on Earth. Instead, Gently, MacDuff, and Reg travel back in time to interrupt Coleridge as he’s working on ‛Kubla Khan,’ becoming the famous visitors who caused the poem to never be completed. This changes history sufficiently to ensure that the ghost can never inhabit Wenton-Weakes, thus saving humanity.
https://www.supersummary.com/dirk-gentl ... y/summary/
Different story line.

Difflugia
Prodigy

Post #20

Post by Difflugia »

The Barbarian wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 6:24 pmThat did, in a simpler version happen in Hitchhiker's Guide; in Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, bacteria from a destroyed alien ship colonized Earth and evolved into everything else, including humans.
There were no bacteria, but just energy from the explosion changing the landscape:
An hour passed, and by the end of it the darkness was total. The world seemed dead, the night a blankness.

And then the glow appeared again near the tower’s peak, this time growing in power more purposefully. It quickly reached the peak of brightness it had previously attained, and then kept going, increasing, increasing. The keening sound that accompanied it rose in pitch and stridency until it became a wailing scream. The scream screamed on and on till it became a blinding noise and the light a deafening redness.

And then, abruptly, both ceased.

There was a millisecond of silent darkness.

An astonishing pale new light billowed and bulged from deep within the mud beneath the tower. The sky clenched, a mountain of mud convulsed, earth and sky bellowed at each other, there was a horrible pinkness, a sudden greenness, a lingering orangeness that stained the clouds, and then the light sank and the night at last was deeply, hideously dark. There was no further sound other than the soft tinkle of water.
But in the morning the sun rose with an unaccustomed sparkle on a day that was, or seemed to be, or at least would have seemed to be if there had been anybody there to whom it could seem to be anything at all, warmer, clearer and brighter—an altogether livelier day than any yet known. A clear river ran through the shattered remains of the valley.

And time began seriously to pass.
My pronouns are he, him, and his.