Does Adam Lambert need Jesus?

Current issues and things in the news

Moderator: Moderators

FinalEnigma
Site Supporter

Does Adam Lambert need Jesus?

Post #1

Post by FinalEnigma »

Sorry. I'm sure nobody wants to hear about it, but I saw a comment somewhere that struck me as really bizarre, so I wanted to get opinions on it.

Lambert's performance, in case you didn't know, has half the country going nuts and outraged about the explicit imagery. (I didn't watch the performance live, but when I heard all the stuff about it I looked it up. It can be found here(warning: sexual content(though it was on a primetime show)): http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2009/ ... or-inappr/)

someone commented about the performance that:
Adam Lambert needs Jesus. I will not critized his standards but will say he probably thinks he didn't do anything wrong. But the bible speaks of people who don't know his word will be blinded by the truth. This performance was an exact example of the meaning behind what Jesus said.
So, does Adam Lambert need Jesus? Was his performance wrong in any way? are people overreacting and applying a double standard becasue he's a homosexual man?
We do not hate others because of the flaws in their souls, we hate them because of the flaws in our own.

Goat
Site Supporter

Re: Does Adam Lambert need Jesus?

Post #2

Post by Goat »

FinalEnigma wrote:Sorry. I'm sure nobody wants to hear about it, but I saw a comment somewhere that struck me as really bizarre, so I wanted to get opinions on it.

Lambert's performance, in case you didn't know, has half the country going nuts and outraged about the explicit imagery. (I didn't watch the performance live, but when I heard all the stuff about it I looked it up. It can be found here(warning: sexual content(though it was on a primetime show)): http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2009/ ... or-inappr/)

someone commented about the performance that:
Adam Lambert needs Jesus. I will not critized his standards but will say he probably thinks he didn't do anything wrong. But the bible speaks of people who don't know his word will be blinded by the truth. This performance was an exact example of the meaning behind what Jesus said.
So, does Adam Lambert need Jesus? Was his performance wrong in any way? are people overreacting and applying a double standard becasue he's a homosexual man?
Well, he was a little over the top for the venue. .. well, a lot over the top. There might be some double standard, but I am reminded of the Janet Jackson half time scandal, which was a lot less racy.

As for 'needing Jesus', I don't think so. He just has to tailor his performance to the audience just a tad. For his other concerts, people should realize what he is about, and that is perfectly acceptable.. and he is a very intense and dramatic performer.
“What do you think science is? There is nothing magical about science. It is simply a systematic way for carefully and thoroughly observing nature and using consistent logic to evaluate results. So which part of that exactly do you disagree with? Do you disagree with being thorough? Using careful observation? Being systematic? Or using consistent logic?�

Steven Novella

Furrowed Brow
Site Supporter

Post #3

Post by Furrowed Brow »

I think we need to complain about the song :lalala:

FinalEnigma
Site Supporter

Post #4

Post by FinalEnigma »

yes, his screaming is rather pointless.
We do not hate others because of the flaws in their souls, we hate them because of the flaws in our own.

Scotracer
Guru

Post #5

Post by Scotracer »

Was the guy he kissed at least cute?
Why Evolution is True
Universe from nothing

Claims made without evidence can be dismissed without evidence
- Christopher Hitchens

FinalEnigma
Site Supporter

Post #6

Post by FinalEnigma »

Scotracer wrote:Was the guy he kissed at least cute?
I think so?

I'm not really a judge of male cuteness, but I think he's the type girls would go for.

He wouldn't have been out of place in any band that girls go nuts for(he's a keyboardist).