Switzerland set to ba Islamic Minarets

Current issues and things in the news

Moderator: Moderators

Furrowed Brow
Site Supporter

Switzerland set to ba Islamic Minarets

Post #1

Post by Furrowed Brow »

Switerzland have just voted and exit polls suggest that they have voted for a ban on the building of islamic minarets.

BBC link

One reason for the proposed ban given is that Sharia law is incompatible with Swiss Democracy.

Is this correct? Or are the Swiss guilty of descrimination?

VermilionUK
Scholar

Post #61

Post by VermilionUK »

TrueReligion wrote:
Jayhawker Soule wrote:
TrueReligion wrote:
TrueReligion wrote:
VermilionUK wrote:
TrueReligion wrote:For your proof of the statement from the people who vote ban on minaret, I already commented, that its only a caseof religious discrimition and racism. But you seems to be denying this thing, on what reason, its still unknown.
Then once again, you have not read all of my posts.

I don't see it as racism, I see it as a response to the fear that has been created by the outspoken extremists within the Muslim community. Here's some examples as to why some people fear Islam:

When people see these demonstrations, what do you think their reaction to the expansion of Islam would be?

Should every country welcome it with open arms? It seems that's what you'd want, or else it's "a case of religious discrimination and racism", right? :roll:

If you want to go off-topic, thn lets make another post, we will discuss whatever you want to discuss.
Anything of this, is not related to Minaret. Is any1 holding slogan against Minaret? Is this happen in switzerland? Whats the violence in this? it was a peacefull demonstration. Is this for Minaret demonstration?
Why can;t you show any correct evidence and proof against BAN on minaret till now?
All what you are showing is out of post, and beyond sense. You prove to be very weak in proving your claim about anything till now in this topic VUK. :whistle:
Do you truly believe those opposing photographic narratives are morally equivalent? If so, you've managed to become a stunning and disturbing exemplar of what your opponent is saying.
You have to reply to opponent, to bring him back to track, by equal means, but in a limit ofcourse, dats why i posted 1 image, otherwise it would have gone more thn this.
You're missing the point of Mr.Soule was saying.

The fact that in response to posters stating "Freedom go to hell", "Be prepared for the real holocaust" and "Massacre those who insult Islam", you used a poster stating "No more mosques" as an apparent equivalent, proves the point that Islamic views can be dangerous.

At what point does a person see the poster "Be prepared for the real holocaust" and thinks: yeah, that's about as bad as saying "No more mosques" :-k

I question where your morals stand, and I'm concerned at what I might conclude from them.

TrueReligion
Banned
Banned

Post #62

Post by TrueReligion »

VermilionUK wrote:
TrueReligion wrote:
Jayhawker Soule wrote:
TrueReligion wrote:
TrueReligion wrote:
VermilionUK wrote:
TrueReligion wrote:For your proof of the statement from the people who vote ban on minaret, I already commented, that its only a caseof religious discrimition and racism. But you seems to be denying this thing, on what reason, its still unknown.

I don't see it as racism, I see it as a response to the fear that has been created by the outspoken extremists within the Muslim community. Here's some examples as to why some people fear Islam:

When people see these demonstrations, what do you think their reaction to the expansion of Islam would be?

Should every country welcome it with open arms? It seems that's what you'd want, or else it's "a case of religious discrimination and racism", right? :roll:

If you want to go off-topic, thn lets make another post, we will discuss whatever you want to discuss.
Anything of this, is not related to Minaret. Is any1 holding slogan against Minaret? Is this happen in switzerland? Whats the violence in this? it was a peacefull demonstration. Is this for Minaret demonstration?
Why can;t you show any correct evidence and proof against BAN on minaret till now?
All what you are showing is out of post, and beyond sense. You prove to be very weak in proving your claim about anything till now in this topic VUK. :whistle:
Do you truly believe those opposing photographic narratives are morally equivalent? If so, you've managed to become a stunning and disturbing exemplar of what your opponent is saying.
You have to reply to opponent, to bring him back to track, by equal means, but in a limit ofcourse, dats why i posted 1 image, otherwise it would have gone more thn this.
You're missing the point of Mr.Soule was saying.

The fact that in response to posters stating "Freedom go to hell", "Be prepared for the real holocaust" and "Massacre those who insult Islam", you used a poster stating "No more mosques" as an apparent equivalent, proves the point that Islamic views can be dangerous.

At what point does a person see the poster "Be prepared for the real holocaust" and thinks: yeah, that's about as bad as saying "No more mosques" :-k

I question where your morals stand, and I'm concerned at what I might conclude from them.
Thought you said since you can;t bring proof, you would not discuss here, but anyways, it was just a reply, that how western non-muslims, are racist and discriminist towards Islam, and the peace protest started by muslims, was in reply to that racism.
And it was right, and justified as well. Ofcourse racism is what only west has given to world, nothing else, so it should be stop, unfortunatly no other religion have power and courage to do that, so Muslims should stand and stop this bad and unhuman culture of western people, who consider only themselves as humans, rest others they treat as animals.

"What we must fight for is to safeguard the existence and the reproduction of our race ... so that our people may mature for the fulfilment of the mission allotted it by the creator of the universe. ... Peoples that bastardize themselves, or let themselves be bastardized, sin against the will of eternal Providence."(Hitler)

More Racism

http://www.secularmuslims.com/veilhate.php

MORE

http://www.nde.state.ne.us/SS/irish/unit_2.html

All this and many more, shows clearly tht western people are truly racist, to other religions and cultures, which should be stop.
"Truth has (now) arrived, and Falsehood perished: for Falsehood is (by its nature) bound to perish." [Qur''''an 17:81)

VermilionUK
Scholar

Post #63

Post by VermilionUK »

TrueReligion wrote:
Thought you said since you can;t bring proof, you would not discuss here, but anyways, it was just a reply, that how western non-muslims, are racist and discriminist towards Islam, and the peace protest started by muslims, was in reply to that racism.
So it was a peace protest, right?

Oh yeah you're right, it looks like they really want peace. :roll:
TrueReligion wrote: And it was right, and justified as well.
Hence JayhawkerSoule's post:
JayhawkerSoule wrote:Do you truly believe those opposing photographic narratives are morally equivalent? If so, you've managed to become a stunning and disturbing exemplar of what your opponent is saying.
TrueReligion wrote: Ofcourse racism is what only west has given to world, nothing else,
Really?

Light bulbs
Hundreds of advances in technology
The internet
Steam power
Sir Isaac Newton (nuff said)
Defeating Nazi germany (Russia were also responsible for helping)
Providing Jews with a homeland

The list goes on and on.
TrueReligion wrote: So it should be stop, unfortunatly no other religion have power and courage to do that, so Muslims should stand and stop this bad and unhuman culture of western people, who consider only themselves as humans, rest others they treat as animals.
And that is exactly why people oppose Islam spreading - it's people with a similar outlook as you who lead to extreme Islamists gaining an influence.
TrueReligion wrote: "What we must fight for is to safeguard the existence and the reproduction of our race ... so that our people may mature for the fulfilment of the mission allotted it by the creator of the universe. ... Peoples that bastardize themselves, or let themselves be bastardized, sin against the will of eternal Providence."(Hitler)

More Racism

MORE

All this and many more, shows clearly tht western people are truly racist, to other religions and cultures, which should be stop.

I don't disagree that there are racists within Western culture, however, the fact that you believe that Western culture as a whole "should stop", and you believe that the following protests (shown below) are " right and justified" - you are becoming a prime example of extremist muslims in action. Your views are no only harsh, they are downright dangerous.

The views that you have shown in this discussion are not too far from becoming the views shared by those extreme muslims who threated to "behead" us - you have already called Hamas "Freedom Fighters", and you are defending those who protest against our freedom, and who seek to kill those who reject Islam.

And for that reason I would encourage you to revise your opinion, as I suspect you risk attatching yourself to extremist ideals.

Jayhawker Soule
Sage

Post #64

Post by Jayhawker Soule »

TrueReligion wrote:
Jayhawker Soule wrote:
TrueReligion wrote:
TrueReligion wrote:
VermilionUK wrote:

Please answer my question.

TrueReligion
Banned
Banned

Post #65

Post by TrueReligion »

VermilionUK wrote:
TrueReligion wrote:
So it was a peace protest, right?

Oh yeah you're right, it looks like they really want peace. :roll:
TrueReligion wrote: And it was right, and justified as well.
Hence JayhawkerSoule's post:
JayhawkerSoule wrote:Do you truly believe those opposing photographic narratives are morally equivalent? If so, you've managed to become a stunning and disturbing exemplar of what your opponent is saying.
TrueReligion wrote: Ofcourse racism is what only west has given to world, nothing else,
Really?

Light bulbs
Hundreds of advances in technology
The internet
Steam power
Sir Isaac Newton (nuff said)
Defeating Nazi germany (Russia were also responsible for helping)
Providing Jews with a homeland

The list goes on and on.
TrueReligion wrote: So it should be stop, unfortunatly no other religion have power and courage to do that, so Muslims should stand and stop this bad and unhuman culture of western people, who consider only themselves as humans, rest others they treat as animals.
And that is exactly why people oppose Islam spreading - it's people with a similar outlook as you who lead to extreme Islamists gaining an influence.
TrueReligion wrote: "What we must fight for is to safeguard the existence and the reproduction of our race ... so that our people may mature for the fulfilment of the mission allotted it by the creator of the universe. ... Peoples that bastardize themselves, or let themselves be bastardized, sin against the will of eternal Providence."(Hitler)

More Racism

MORE

I don't disagree that there are racists within Western culture, however, the fact that you believe that Western culture as a whole "should stop", and you believe that the following protests (shown below) are " right and justified" - you are becoming a prime example of extremist muslims in action. Your views are no only harsh, they are downright dangerous.

The views that you have shown in this discussion are not too far from becoming the views shared by those extreme muslims who threated to "behead" us - you have already called Hamas "Freedom Fighters", and you are defending those who protest against our freedom, and who seek to kill those who reject Islam.

And for that reason I would encourage you to revise your opinion, as I suspect you risk attatching yourself to extremist ideals.
Ofcourse it was a peaceful protest, do you see any burning or fighting going on
? infact later on some non-muslim coward english-men came, and started troubling the peaceful protest of Muslims, which is recorded also,
Further, youcould;nt till not justify the racism of West towards rest of world. beside you started giving fakse inventions, which already Muslims made, and its also recorded, that all the advancment which West did, the credit goes go Muslim scientists, now if you say its wrong, you are living in a world of fools.
Justify me the racism of West, and we are done in this post.
"Truth has (now) arrived, and Falsehood perished: for Falsehood is (by its nature) bound to perish." [Qur''''an 17:81)

TrueReligion
Banned
Banned

Post #66

Post by TrueReligion »

Jayhawker Soule wrote:
TrueReligion wrote:
Jayhawker Soule wrote:
TrueReligion wrote:
TrueReligion wrote:
VermilionUK wrote:

Answer is given already, please go through entire post, and justify the racism and discriminition of west and europe towards other religions and culture.
Give any justified answer, why Minaret is Ban in Switzerland? any answer you can give for this?

Jayhawker Soule
Sage

Post #67

Post by Jayhawker Soule »

TrueReligion wrote:
Jayhawker Soule wrote:
TrueReligion wrote:
Jayhawker Soule wrote:
TrueReligion wrote:
TrueReligion wrote:
VermilionUK wrote:

Answer is given already, ...
That is not true. Now, again, please answer my question or clearly state that you choose not to do so.

T-mash
Sage

Post #68

Post by T-mash »

TrueReligion wrote:Ofcourse it was a peaceful protest, do you see any burning or fighting going on?

"We see cartoons about Hitler and Jews and then see Jews printing them out or publishing them in their news paper themselves to laugh at it together and we see cartoons about Mohammed where the response is to burn the flag of that nation they were published in. We see people going out on the street, attacking embassies and killing people because they were deeply hurt in every atom of their being.... by a drawing.."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jyllands-P ... ontroversy
http://www.brusselsjournal.com/node/382

This led to protests across the Muslim world, some of which escalated into violence with police firing on the crowds (resulting in more than 100 deaths, all together),[1] including setting fire to the Danish Embassies in Syria, Lebanon and Iran, storming European buildings, and desecrating the Danish, Dutch, Norwegian and German flags in Gaza City. While a number of Muslim leaders called for protesters to remain peaceful, other Muslim leaders across the globe, including Mahmoud al-Zahar of Hamas, issued death threats

TrueReligion wrote: infact later on some non-muslim coward english-men came, and started troubling the peaceful protest of Muslims, which is recorded also,
Yes I'm sure a gang of Brits flew over their to start causing trouble...

TrueReligion wrote: Further, youcould;nt till not justify the racism of West towards rest of world.
Western racism against the rest of the world? You mean the type of racism that fights for female MUSLIM rights in Islam countries? You mean the type of racism that fights for anti-racism world-wide? You mean the type of racism that tries to alleviate the suffering of the poor of those no matter where they life even Africa?

Racism is never justified and definitely not by anyone posting here. However making the west out as racists.. is pretty racist...

TrueReligion wrote: beside you started giving fakse inventions, which already Muslims made, and its also recorded,

Err? Show that of his listed inventions?
TrueReligion wrote: that all the advancment which West did, the credit goes go Muslim scientists, now if you say its wrong, you are living in a world of fools.
That's not wrong per se. Everything everyone did has credit to everyone. It's not him saying Muslims didn't invent anything.. it's you saying the west didn't, which is plain silly. They both did.. obviously...
TrueReligion wrote:Justify me the racism of West, and we are done in this post.
What racism? And what do you mean with 'off the west'? Racism is global, unfortunately.
Isn’t this enough? Just this world?
Just this beautiful, complex, wonderfully unfathomable natural world?
How does it so fail to hold our attention
That we have to diminish it with the invention
Of cheap, man-made Myths and Monsters?
- Tim Minchin

TrueReligion
Banned
Banned

Post #69

Post by TrueReligion »

T-mash wrote:
TrueReligion wrote:Ofcourse it was a peaceful protest, do you see any burning or fighting going on?

"We see cartoons about Hitler and Jews and then see Jews printing them out or publishing them in their news paper themselves to laugh at it together and we see cartoons about Mohammed where the response is to burn the flag of that nation they were published in. We see people going out on the street, attacking embassies and killing people because they were deeply hurt in every atom of their being.... by a drawing.."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jyllands-P ... ontroversy
http://www.brusselsjournal.com/node/382

This led to protests across the Muslim world, some of which escalated into violence with police firing on the crowds (resulting in more than 100 deaths, all together),[1] including setting fire to the Danish Embassies in Syria, Lebanon and Iran, storming European buildings, and desecrating the Danish, Dutch, Norwegian and German flags in Gaza City. While a number of Muslim leaders called for protesters to remain peaceful, other Muslim leaders across the globe, including Mahmoud al-Zahar of Hamas, issued death threats

There are many protests in the world, for many reasons, and many people as well get killed, Christians do, Jews do, Hindus do, Muslims do, every1 do, ofcourse protest is done by people for something made wrong by others, otherwise there is no need for protest.
Main point is, why only Islam is attacked and discriminated? there are reports of more violance protests by others as well, but never come in ppicture even.
Why its a double standard? No need to keep on giving figure, I can give you more than this as well, but we are here for discussion, throwing stones continously on each other will not make the problem finish

TrueReligion wrote: infact later on some non-muslim coward english-men came, and started troubling the peaceful protest of Muslims, which is recorded also,
Yes I'm sure a gang of Brits flew over their to start causing trouble...

TrueReligion wrote: Further, youcould;nt till not justify the racism of West towards rest of world.
Western racism against the rest of the world? You mean the type of racism that fights for female MUSLIM rights in Islam countries? You mean the type of racism that fights for anti-racism world-wide? You mean the type of racism that tries to alleviate the suffering of the poor of those no matter where they life even Africa?

Racism is never justified and definitely not by anyone posting here. However making the west out as racists.. is pretty racist...

Read history Madam, who brought racism in the world? who brought racism of white and black? asian and white? think you dont have idea of what you are talking about:) Want to see what white people do with others (asians, black etc etc)??
TrueReligion wrote: beside you started giving fakse inventions, which already Muslims made, and its also recorded,

Err? Show that of his listed inventions?

Think realy you need to read history and research something in your time:)

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/opi ... 28801.html

http://pakistanledger.com/2009/02/01/bo ... c-science/

If you can;t read it, tell me I will paste complete here.

Only reply me here for 1, who was Avicenna?

TrueReligion wrote: that all the advancment which West did, the credit goes go Muslim scientists, now if you say its wrong, you are living in a world of fools.
That's not wrong per se. Everything everyone did has credit to everyone. It's not him saying Muslims didn't invent anything.. it's you saying the west didn't, which is plain silly. They both did.. obviously...

You should ask VUK for this, as he brought this issue, not me
TrueReligion wrote:Justify me the racism of West, and we are done in this post.
What racism? And what do you mean with 'off the west'? Racism is global, unfortunately.
The 1 related to post, is about west, as in europe (switzerland), the Minaret is BAN, not globaly.

T-mash
Sage

Post #70

Post by T-mash »

TrueReligion wrote:There are many protests in the world, for many reasons, and many people as well get killed, Christians do, Jews do, Hindus do, Muslims do, every1 do, ofcourse protest is done by people for something made wrong by others, otherwise there is no need for protest.
Main point is, why only Islam is attacked and discriminated? there are reports of more violance protests by others as well, but never come in ppicture even.
Why its a double standard? No need to keep on giving figure, I can give you more than this as well, but we are here for discussion, throwing stones continously on each other will not make the problem finish
I'm not aware of any protests against Muslims where we burned flags of Saudi-Arabia and set fire to Turkish embassies to be honest. Can you refer me to one where people were walking around with signs saying: "Behead people that follow Islam" ?
TrueReligion wrote:Read history Madam, who brought racism in the world? who brought racism of white and black? asian and white? think you dont have idea of what you are talking about:) Want to see what white people do with others (asians, black etc etc)??
Racism is the word for xenophobia by race. Xenophobia is a biological effect that tells you that everything that is strange you need to be careful of, which in a society means the majority being against the minority. In current time it's a pathetic remnant of xenophobia that some people still haven't gotten around too. An example of racism would for example be: "Want to see what white people do". I, as a white person, consider that racism because I can assure you that I don't 'do' anything to my black friends and asserting that I would do so because of my skin colour is discrimination.
TrueReligion wrote:Think realy you need to read history and research something in your time:)
And looking at this thread and your response to me and Vermillion I think you really need to read our posts in your time. I quite clearly said the following (repeating it since you missed it apparently): That's not wrong per se. Everything everyone did has credit to everyone. It's not him saying Muslims didn't invent anything.. it's you saying the west didn't, which is plain silly. They both did.. obviously...

We owe a lot of our mathematics and cosmology to Arabs. What's your point? I don't think anyone would tell you otherwise.
TrueReligion wrote:Only reply me here for 1, who was Avicenna?
If that was supposed to make a point you shouldn't have asked a medicine student as he is widely considered as one of the 'fathers of medicine', along with Galen and Vesalius and the oh so famous greek ones. :roll:

TrueReligion wrote:The 1 related to post, is about west, as in europe (switzerland), the Minaret is BAN, not globaly.
One small country in Europe is not really representative of "the west" is it?
Isn’t this enough? Just this world?
Just this beautiful, complex, wonderfully unfathomable natural world?
How does it so fail to hold our attention
That we have to diminish it with the invention
Of cheap, man-made Myths and Monsters?
- Tim Minchin